the altered state of consciousness thread

How much did you take?

Also, what brand did you get that doesn't have the extra shit in it? Everything I've seen seems to have some combination of guaifenesin, antihistamines, and acetaminophen. Not sure if guaifenesin alone is a serious concern or not, though I read that it can make you vomit in high doses.

I took 295 mg of DXM which was 4 oz.

The brand was Buckley's. It is the most vile thing I have EVER tasted. Menthol, camphor, and pine needle oil are in it so it isn't a pleasant drink, but it fucking worked.

What you can look for is gel caps. You're probably more likely to find those without the extra things than you are syrups. Robotussin Maximum Strength Cough only has DXM in it I know that.

I should be trying some again sometime around Tuesday through Thursday.

I do heroin almost daily. I was already addicted to opiates before I tried it, but once I couldn't get high off of **************s anymore, heroin was all that was left. Now I can't quit because it's fucking agonizing. I try all the time but I never can make it. One of these days...

Never do it more than once, if ever.

edit: the word blocked is pharmaceu-ticals

I didn't realize this thread was back on the front page. I have been thinking about his kind of stuff a bit recently. I am very interested in the topic of altered states and different perceptions of reality, drug induced or not. My interest in mind altering drugs lies primarily in the more introspective aspects of the experience. Unfortunately, among those I know that use, this is not the case. They are far more interested in the party/ woohoo good times aspect of drug use.

Anyone have any decent experiences outside of "YA I WAS SO FUCKED UP WOOOOHOOOO" that they would share?

I've heard mescaline and lsa trips can be extremely personal and insightful. Best part is you can access both legally. I've never had first hand experience, though I have bought some Hawaiin Baby Woodrose seeds (they contain lsa) and some Peruvian Torch cactus (containing mescaline). I'm just waiting for the right time to do it. The effects can last up to 12 hours.

If you are interested, you can buy mescaline containing cactii and lsa containing seeds from a number of websites. as always, do the research before you go through with anything so you can get the most out of your trips.

Useful links:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsa/lsa.shtml
http://spiritgarden.co.uk/cart/
http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/

I do heroin almost daily. I was already addicted to opiates before I tried it, but once I couldn't get high off of **************s anymore, heroin was all that was left. Now I can't quit because it's fucking agonizing. I try all the time but I never can make it. One of these days...

Dude you gotta go to rehab :erk:

thanks everyone. i'm on a waiting list for an inpatient rehab and of course i don't have health insurance so it's going to cost out the ass. oh yeah, i woke up 3 days ago and my right hand was paralyzed and still is. i pretty much hate my life. :erk:

Brothers mate bought a bag of cocaine for £10.
Probably was washing powder or some shit.
Almost threw up and lost us the taxi.
Spent the whole ride home whining about being a loser. He fucking was. Cock.

I dunno.
It's just always been that way :lol:

Same with why londoners call sums of money by animals. Monkeys, ponys, etc.

And at Faithnomore - Yeah. He was a dick. Everyone was telling him it was obviously bad but he did it anyway. It was the end of the night as well. Almost ruined what was a generally nice night. I got a free (read: found it on a seat while pissed, took it, found it in my room the next day and remembered) afro wig.

EDIT:
A pound sterling (£), in British slang, possibly derived from the Royal mint at Quidhampton, Wiltshire, England, but more likely from the Latin phrase 'Quid pro quo' (This for that) meaning an exchange of goods.

Yay wiki.

I know. I'm struggling through the same thing. You fiend when you dont have it, and the feeling of yearning that lingers on and on. Nothing interests you, no one. I know, I know, for I am addicted to the worst of them all. The weed, mariHUAna. Vile.