the altered state of consciousness thread

I took about ten grams of morning glory and then three hits of weed about half an hour later. Before I even toked, music I listened to slowed down, like it normally did when I was really high. After I toked, it looked like the sky was slipping off the earth, like a blanket over a person's head. When I walked, it looked like the world was getting bigger. I was walking slowly, and my body felt heavier, and this feeling I'm not sure I can accurately describe but felt good. I wasn't even getting tired at all so the feeling heavier thing wasn't a problem. Music slowed down a lot. It was pretty cool. As I was getting home, I saw faint glimpses of red things reflected in a trickle of water going down my street, even though there was nothing red around.

All of this occurred probably less than a half hour ago. I have a feeling more effects are going to kick in.

Well it's been a week since I stopped my regular pot usage and I must say I'm very happy to have done so. I feel my mind is much sharper now than it was with all the THC in it. Too bad, since one reason I got into the stuff besides stress-relief was because I thought it would help me generate new insights (it actually might have since my perspectives on things have shifted lately). I went so far as to name my piece Calliope, the Muse of epic poetry, but I wasn't capable of crafting a single line of poetry while high, and rarely could I launch into some pseudo-intellectual discourse.

My pot usage was also a substitute for all the drinking I had been doing. Now I don't feel inclined toward either substance. Hell, I went to a bar last night for my weekly informal Beer Club and I was happy with just a pint of Boston Lager.

It's almost like I'm indulging in sobriety like it's a new drug. This very well may be a phase of conceited "born-anew-ness" and that I'll lapse back into the aforementioned habits at some point, but my circumstances vis-a-vis grad school are certainly compelling toward maintaining this new sense of, at least, temperance.

I'll conclude by saying that I don't condemn the stuff at all. It's just personally not something I want to use regularly anymore. I'm open to it on occasions in a social setting, as with drinking (and I do plan to have many a drink at MDF). Carry on.

I don't smoke weed anymore. I'm too weirded out by the prospect of inhaling smoke into my lungs.

That said, I'll still enjoy the occasional brownie (very occasional; don't think I've had one since last summer).

I suppose I miss waking up with an usually open mind, which was what pot smoking usually did for me. Still, I fucking hate tobacco. It's nasty as hell.

I took two bong rips of blue dream. I rode around my neighborhood listening to Portishead, then came back inside. Now listening to some Lounge.

I smoke about half a pack a day. I'm at this point now where do not even enjoy smoking like when I first started. It's one of those pain in the ass addictions. More so than alcohol or drugs. I can be sober most of the time now, but fuck if I don't have any cigs.

I suppose I miss waking up with an usually open mind, which was what pot smoking usually did for me. Still, I fucking hate tobacco. It's nasty as hell.
I'm aware of the fact that you guys mostly smoke spliffs but uhh why not just smoke pure weed if you don't like tobacco?

As much as I hate to do it, I'm gonna take a tolerance break from weed for a little while. I'm probably not gonna smoke on anything close to a daily basis until I start selling, which I plan to start doing when I move out.

zabu of nΩd;10274335 said:
Smoking tobacco is just stupid imo

I much prefer putting a glob of it in my lower lip.

I'll be watching over a friend's batch of shrooms for the next two weeks and he invited me to partake in as many as I would like. School just ended, hours at work are low, so the timing is perfect.

I'm looking for a vaporizer. I want something I can carry around, and not too expensive.

I smoke about half a pack a day. I'm at this point now where do not even enjoy smoking like when I first started. It's one of those pain in the ass addictions. More so than alcohol or drugs. I can be sober most of the time now, but fuck if I don't have any cigs.

If I'm drunk or high I can enjoy them, but on a regular day I find myself smoking after the gym/dinner and it's just like, "all this does is make me feel short of breath"

That's basically why I could never get addicted to cigarettes. They're so mundane.

I'm aware of the fact that you guys mostly smoke spliffs but uhh why not just smoke pure weed if you don't like tobacco?

why the fuck would anyone smoke spliffs???
i smoke weed all the freaking time, i smoked ciggarrettes in highschool, (stopped ciggarettes when i was 17) and i've never smoked a spliff, cuz to me at least, just the whole freaking concept of mixing tobacco with weed seemed totally ludicrous

I agree with you for once. Fuck tobacco. The only thing I'd ever mix with weed is other weed.

What's the song out ATM with a video in which some unknown brunette is lip syncing whilst walking down a street with the camera in front, but it keeps skipping or going back a second, in accordance with the song?

I'm looking for a vaporizer. I want something I can carry around, and not too expensive.

mflb-vaporizer.jpg

I have one of these. Definitely one of the smallest and most portable vapes out there while being as effective as a larger, more expensive one. You can pretty much use it anywhere. Only like 75-80 bucks on Amazon I believe.