the altered state of consciousness thread

All about Hybrids, imo.

Thats the goody goods.

EDIT:

With the right one, I get a mild head high with a strong body high. Not enough to put me on my ass, but not enough to crack me out. Perfect for any time of day, or night.

Fuck no, dude.

I dont recommend concentrates to a lot of people, if anyone.

I smoke weed like fucking Bob Marley, but that shit is on a completely different level. Especially if you use an oil rig. If you have to use a torch to smoke something, thats crackhead status. End of story.

Straight flower for me.

Sativas ONLY for me. I can't stand indicas. The numbness freaks me out. I want to feel in control of my limbs at all times.

... lol, yea none of that shit happens to me. When i pack a bowl, i want to be able to get high as fuck after my first rip. Sativa/chronic/regs just don't cut it for me. They don't even give me a proper high, just a mild headchange ... not matter how much i smoke.

Fuck no, dude.

I dont recommend concentrates to a lot of people, if anyone.

I smoke weed like fucking Bob Marley, but that shit is on a completely different level. Especially if you use an oil rig. If you have to use a torch to smoke something, thats crackhead status. End of story.

Straight flower for me.

Different Strokes for different folks... and you don't NEED a torche, it's just more effective. You can always put that stuff on top of some flower.

I love that shit, but no, it's not for everybody.

Sativas ONLY for me. I can't stand indicas. The numbness freaks me out. I want to feel in control of my limbs at all times.

Yeah, I've only smoked a few times but I felt literally glued to the couch at my buddy's place. He was playing the Final Fantasy MMO and I was totally zoned out not paying attention and every now and then his monk would use this attack that freaked me out and I asked him every time to make sure his window didnt break because it sounded like it broke to me, but I couldn't/didnt want to turn and look. This was a hybrid. Maybe I should just smoke less until I get acclimated.

I'm not looking for hallucinogens/uppers/downers so much as general feeling of well-being/anti-anxiety/relaxed-but-not-sleepy. Every now and again a cup of coffee will actually have a very relaxing/at-ease effect, but more often than not just jittery. I'd also like to try some Sativa, but difficult to find from the asking around I've been doing. Its mostly indica around here. I have troubles in that I tend to go from full-on to sleepy (alcohol hits me pretty hard, even a small glass of scotch makes me pretty sleepy)

Has anyone tried kava? Supposedly good anti-anxiety. I'm thinking of trying some kava tea and then maybe get some extract if its good.

I haven't tried kava.

L-theanine is an incredible wonder supplement. It's an amino acid found in green tea, but has been harnessed and capped. No psychoactive effects to speak of aside from a general sense of being your best, least tense self, and no interactions with other supplements/drugs. You won't get drowsy or black out or anything and can go to work, the gym, on a long drive, or whatever you need to do.

Enjoyed the kava tea (just a small portion of kava with other shit) so just ordered me some pure kava root powder and a strainer. I'll comment after I've tried some.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/KAVA-WAKA-powder-Fijian-Quality/dp/B00A80163M/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1424648965&sr=1-1&keywords=KAVA+WAKA+powder[/ame]

Goddamit last time I smoked weed with my girlfriend we were fucked. It was some model from my neighborhood, the guy who has it looks like a pug and the model is fucked strong. We were fucking done.

Weed didn't have any effect on me until the fourth or fifth time I smoked it. Perhaps that's it.

Yeah, apparently some people show resistance to the effects for the first few times, but even last time I got a bag of weed out of desperation with my previous failures and smoked all the 4-5 joints I had made (in a row!) but still nothing.

framed013halfbaked-scarface-jpg.jpg

I hear people say they dont get high the first time they smoke...Not me...Oh not us...We were really REALLY high...

Indicas only for me. I think too fast/much as it is. If I have a Sativa my mind just goes bonkers and sometimes I get paranoid. I like to feel calm and relaxed instead of my usual fast self sometimes.

Got the kava- it pretty much is as advertised. You get a nice body relaxation, but no affect on your mental facilities. The taste is rather bitter and the sensation in your mouth is mildly reminiscent of the doctors office due to the numbness.

I tried making the straight tea (water + kava + strainer + let it soak for a half hour) but the bitterness killed it for me. I found that adding milk and cinnamon gave it a rather enjoyable taste and have been drinking it that way. I haven't had it but a few times so far, but supposidely it has a reverse tolerance- the more you get acclimated to it the less you need. o_O

Definitely reverse tolerance. Been drinking kava a bit more lately and only takes a good half glass to get a bit of the buzz. I recommend brewing a big batch in a pot of boiled water with the ground root and then mixing in some of the more palatable tea bags of the kava tea Yogi brand makes and some honey. Chill it in the fridge and actually rather good.

A big glass of these combined with the endorphins after lifting weights or running gives you a mild euphoria and strong non-sleepy relaxation. Great for just sitting around listening to music.

I used to drink tea with a mix of kava, sinicuichi, and sage and then smoke weed with it. It would make me super relaxed and spacey.

Sinicuichi is like weed, but all upper and no downer. There's no hazy forgetfulness or that kind of expanded thought process. By expanded I don't mean better, just less linear and tied down by logic.

It also makes sound a lot more saturated which is great for listening to music. The only issues with it are that it has a bitter taste that can cause nausea, and when it really gets going it can dehydrate you really fast and cause muscle tension throughout the body. On a regular basis I'd get too relaxed and lie down listening to music and wake up with little cramps throughout my body.