the altered state of consciousness thread

I don't mind LSD/Shrooms on occasion, but I've always been a hard drug kinda guy. Not so much anymore though. Occasionally I'll spend the night on coke, but rarely because of cost/baby. Heroin is no more, but some days I miss it, tbh.

If they die their first time they're taking either WAY too much or using a syrup with a fucking pain killer in it.

Also LSD is a completely safe drug, no chance for addiction, no physical affects aside from perhaps feeling like shit the next day, etc.

No.
LSD is serotinergic and although you'll never hit the LD50 by doing it alone, you could get serotonin syndrome if you candyflip or do a similar combination. Also due to its serotinergic activity if you take an active dose, you should feel a comedown as a result of the resultant serotinergic depletion. It's is also Dopaminergic, so you will feel a dopaminergic rebound.
It also has a strong physical element, it affects the CNS in all sorts of ways, none particularly dangerous, but have you ever tried to sleep on LSD or any similar phenethylamine or Tryptamine? 'cos you stand no chance.

Drugs are about a lot more than willpower. Hit any serotinergic substance and you WILL feel it mentally the next day, as much as a positive outlook can help. It'd be hypocritical of me to say don't do them, it's just about avoiding regular overstimulation of any one neurological pathway.

The most important tool in fighting the negatives of drug use is knowledge, the more you know about the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, the better you can judge how much, where, when and via which route of administration you should do any particular substance

Maybe you should have used the syrup without all the toxic additives then :lol:

Actually I did the Robitussin gel tabs which are pure 15 mgs of DXM.. with no other additives. I've done acid twice, shrooms 3 times, X 4 times,morning glory's and all kinds of pills and go on Erowid doing some research to figure out doses,etc.. before I do anything to get an idea what is going to happen.

one hitters are excellent when you're in a car. :)

RED-CIG3C.jpg

I throw up stomache acid then, or the syrup. I might just try to get my friend to get me some decent pot for next time since I'm told that reduces the risk of upchucking.

srsly though, don't touch dramamine as a "recreational" drug. Shit is not fun at all, and I was a dumbass who tired to walk upstairs for food and drink after it kicked in. I kept missing steps because I would see another step in front of where I was standing when really there wasn't one and I almost fell. I couldn't really see my surroundings well so I kept running into huge objects like my computer desk, our support beam, the refridgerator, boxes, my door, etc.

Didn't like it one bit.
I took waayyy too much Dramamine one night and spent 8 hours in the shower trying to wash the bugs off my body with Rid.

Dramamine tripping is just unpleasant as a motherfucker, I kept hearing people calling my name for hours and then started hearing songs that didn't exist. That was fine and all until I started seeing the steps in my house about an inch below where they really were and kept tripping up them because of that. Then my heart rate just SKYROCKETED to like 140 bpm for like >_>... 17 hours or so

Reading back through this I found a thing about Morning Glories. The thing about eating the seeds didnt interest me much... but I read something about letting the flowers ferment in water. It apparently becomes faintly alcoholic and has mild psychadelic effects.

Anyone know anything about that?
I'm not into anything like this shit really... but that one just seems... pleasant, if true.

Reading back through this I found a thing about Morning Glories. The thing about eating the seeds didnt interest me much... but I read something about letting the flowers ferment in water. It apparently becomes faintly alcoholic and has mild psychadelic effects.

I'm not into anything like this shit really... but that one just seems... pleasant, if true.

It sounds like you're just describing a method of extracting the LSA to avoid nausea from chewing the coating on the seeds. It certainly wont be any stronger after extraction. LSA is a shite psychedelic anyway, if you really want something legal, but dont want to delve into the grey area of the law that is RC's (especially with the analogue law in the US), you'd be far better off buying some mescaline containing cactus (San Pedro and Peruvian Torch are the legal ones). It was one of the first and most rewarding trips I went on.

Also on the topic of Dramamine, nobody should try and 'trip' on this, Dimenhydrinate (the main psychoactive ingredient) is a DELERIANT, not a hallicinogen in high doses. It's the equivalent of taking too much datura stramonium or nutmeg. You'll be very hard pressed to find a postive experience report.

It sounds like you're just describing a method of extracting the LSA to avoid nausea from chewing the coating on the seeds. It certainly wont be any stronger after extraction. LSA is a shite psychedelic anyway, if you really want something legal, but dont want to delve into the grey area of the law that is RC's (especially with the analogue law in the US), you'd be far better off buying some mescaline containing cactus (San Pedro and Peruvian Torch are the legal ones). It was one of the first and most rewarding trips I went on.

Interesting enough. Seems mildly simple too.

Yea... but unless you're advertising Cactus lemonade... I think you'll be find.

That's a bullshit law too... but anyway...

3312289626_f3a1ec2b7b.jpg

5_090759.jpg

Well yeah, of course. I just wasn't sure if legality was a concern for you since you said you're "not into anything like this", so I wanted you to have the right info.

And yea I know what you mean... but I did search around a little bit before posting this here, and had already read that on wikipedia. I called the law stupid because of the Indian exception, btw.

I have a mother and a grandmother that grow quite a bit of flowers. I understand the concept.