The Anti-Wylde Thread

GregadethBloodBrawl

Thrasher Dave's Pimp
Sep 29, 2008
Sheffield
www.myspace.com
Due to the arguement caused in the Children of Bodom thread, I have brought it upon myself to create an Anti-Zakk Wylde thread. For those like myself that think he's past his sell buy date and needs to learn techniques other than pentatonic shredding and pinch harmonics
so haters flame away! haha

This a divided opinion; Zakk could either

1) Stick with what works. For him that's pentatonic shredding and the usual (but PERFECT) pinch harmonics. No risk, he still gets fame.

2) Do something new. Which might end up in more fame, but a bit risky.

Both are options, but fact is Zakk is a fucking legend and you could not even come near him if you'd have fucking had guitar lessons for 50 years.

Actually, you could. 50 years is a long time :p

and you wouldnt need the lessons either, 50 years doing the pentatonic scale is enough to play like him isnt it? :rofl:DDDD

Anyway I dont hate him, he can do whatever he wants, who are we to stop him or change him?

I beg to differ, Greg can play ten thousand times better than Zakk can :lol:

I believe I smell a Zakk fanboy. Stop fellating musicians and ending your 'arguements' with such awful insults boy :lol::lol:
I'm not that big of a fanboy.

But after seeing Zakk rip out a solo when he was 15 or 16 years old that I could not even mimic in a thousand years makes me believe he is a legend. :cool:

I'm not that big of a fanboy.

But after seeing Zakk rip out a solo when he was 15 or 16 years old that I could not even mimic in a thousand years makes me believe he is a legend. :cool:

First, +1 to Greg's ast post. Second, Theres no such thing as 'I could never play stuff like *insert musician here*' because its a matter of how much effort you put in and how hard you practice. Zakk Wylde obviously learnt how to do pentatonic runs really fast and once he joined Ozzy's backing band didn't put any effort in to learn new stuff because he was a big rawk star z0mfg!!11

If I want to hear some real guitar playing, I'll listen to the Alex Skolnick Trio or Coroner. Not Cack Wylde.

Actually Zakk DOES know all the scales and techniques, but for Black Label Society or Ozzy, he prefers to stick to one style of playing because he thinks technicality gets in the way of feel and emotion

I'll agree though, doing the same thing over and over again gets old, and I'd like to see Zakk do something else, but I always hear people say shit about how a band changed their style and how that pissed them off. Then I hear shit like "Oh Band A needs to change their style, it's so old and boring."

True musicians go into music for the music, not for sucking up to the fans or what people or what the record company asks of them.
That's the reason why I like Metallica and Zakk so much, they do whatever the fuck they want.

Actually Zakk DOES know all the scales and techniques, but for Black Label Society or Ozzy, he prefers to stick to one style of playing because he thinks technicality gets in the way of feel and emotion

I'll agree though, doing the same thing over and over again gets old, and I'd like to see Zakk do something else, but I always hear people say shit about how a band changed their style and how that pissed them off. Then I hear shit like "Oh Band A needs to change their style, it's so old and boring."

True musicians go into music for the music, not for sucking up to the fans or what people or what the record company asks of them.
That's the reason why I like Metallica and Zakk so much, they do whatever the fuck they want.

But no matter what Metallica or Zakk Wylde does it still sounds shit.
I've had Zakk's acoustic and more mellow stuff... still the same fucking pentatonic run at light speed, with shit wah and his bizarre pinch harmonics

Variety would help! Look at Testament/Alex Skolnick... or if you love Mr. Wylde so much, dare I say it Pantera... yeah they're metal bands but they've experimented, and it's paid off really well.
Churning out the same shit for 20 odd years like Metallica and Zakk Wylde just gets mind-numbingly boring. Is musical diversity such a bad thing?

But no matter what Metallica or Zakk Wylde does it still sounds shit.
I've had Zakk's acoustic and more mellow stuff... still the same fucking pentatonic run at light speed, with shit wah and his bizarre pinch harmonics

Variety would help! Look at Testament/Alex Skolnick... or if you love Mr. Wylde so much, dare I say it Pantera... yeah they're metal bands but they've experimented, and it's paid off really well.
Churning out the same shit for 20 odd years like Metallica and Zakk Wylde just gets mind-numbingly boring. Is musical diversity such a bad thing?

Wow, so you talk about bands not having variety and then you get pissed at bands that really go for variety?
Metallica slowed down with the black album, went more melodic, and all I've heard is complaints. So you tell me if musical diversity is such a bad thing.

Wow, so you talk about bands not having variety and then you get pissed at bands that really go for variety?
Metallica slowed down with the black album, went more melodic, and all I've heard is complaints. So you tell me if musical diversity is such a bad thing.

Depends if you can pull it off I guess, Testament diversified for themselves as where Metallica's only thought was probably "money"
and for the record Metallica only went "melodic" (and I use that term very liberally) 'cause they sold out, they're just a glorified rock band at the end of the day. Had a few thrash glimmers but I wouldn't go as far to call them a "thrash band", they just wrote whatever was popular at the time.