The Anti-Wylde Thread

and play way better than james or kirk.

you're just sore because 'Deth is way more respected than 'Tallica now that the smoke's cleared

Metallica did bland down their musical output later on, but that doesn't make Kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, and and justice for all and less badass.

Oh my god, I hope OL closes this down when he comes back, this is one WHINY thread. Plus, this is the typical metallica vs megadeth stuff, just get over it. All of you

Oh please
All Dave could do was Heroin, Rehab, Kick out a member, and bitch about how he got kicked out of metallica

I believe Megadeth has about 3 double platiniums, every other album has gone platinium, except Risk which went gold....

and in no way did I mean to turn this into a Megadeth vs Metallica thing.
Each to their own opinion at the end of the day, my vote's always on Mustaine.

megadeth sold 15 million albums metallica sold over 100 million albums. this topic is pointless an shit. all you two kids go on about is how shit you think metallica are an how great megadeth are. big deal you don't like metallica but why go on about it in every topic? i'd bet the only reason you two kids don't like metallica is because your trying to rebel against them cos there very popular. probably same reason you seem to dislike zakk or anyone else who's successful.

Actually no, I dislike Metallica because they're genuinely an awful band. I seems to recall Lars Ulrich once saying 'We will never sell out, we will never make a music video, we will always be about the fans, we will always remain true to the underground'. What does that amke Metallica? A bunch of hypocritical sellouts. Don't get me wrong, I maintain respect for them for selling so many albums and I'll be the first to admit that AJFA is somewhat of a bible when it comes to drumming, but there is no denying that Metallcia died on their arse after the release of AJFA. AAnyone else who says so is just a fanboy - its like Greg pointed out, diversity and experimentation are brilliant but only if done right. Metallica didn't do it right, nor did they do it well either. You wanna know why Megadeth didn't sell as many albums as Metallica? Because Dave Mustaine didn't sell out as badly as Metallica did. Even Risk, which was Mave Dustaine's lowest point, is a good album, whereas Metallica's lowest point (St. Anger) is the laughing stock of the music industry.

I ain't going to turn this into a Megadeth vs. Metallica debate because no forum on earth needs another one, but heres the facts - No Metallica, no thrash. Fair Enough. But bear in mind that no Dave Mustaine, no Metallica.

As for Zakk Wylde, there is nothing to be impressed by. He wants to be Dimebag Darrell and he fails miserably - the overuse of the same scales and pinched harmonics every2 notes, not to mention that fact that he tends to use the same arrangement and the same notes in every song, makes him far far less than legendary. They just make him boring.

And finally, I ain't a kid motherfucker. Don't think you're all high and mighty on the internet just because you're a Metallica fanboy from Lincoln.

/rant

if you think metallica are genuinely awful then how can you even like megadeth? an as for the no dave mustaine no metallica thing well thats total bs. he was only a lead guitarist an co wrote a few songs with james an was replaced easily. no need for swearing at people on here either an getting a attitude with me. an the reason megadeth never sell as well as metallica is because they've never been as mainstream as metallica. they never had much radio friendly stuff an never got the exposure metallica got. i hate this stupid attitude people have when they say oh metallica sold out on the black album there for they suck now

Sadly your arguements are neither accurate nor true. Then again, I wouldn't expect anyone less from someone who has Metallica as their screen name.

This is a 100% true fact right here - 90% of all Metallica fans are blinded by the fact that the band has been terrible for two decades. They believe the band can do no wrong whatsoever and are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The remaining 20%, the minority which I myself fall into, appreciate the band for their endevours yet vomit at the mere thought of what they've put out in the past 20 years due to the fact that all of it - maybe with the exception of one or two songs - is sheer shite.

Once again, don't get me going on the Dave Mustaine-Metallica thing because you'll lose. But fuck it, you started this :p

Dave Mustaine not only wrote about 70% of the tracks on Kll 'Em All, but he wrote all the solos too. The band stole his music upon firing him (unfairly) and in doing that, cheated their first steps to success. They gave Hammet Mustaine's solos to use as a blueprint for his own, yet they were just copied note for note. Kirk Hammet has admitted this, and if you actually listen to some of the solos on Kill 'Em All (the Seek and Destroy solo in particular) you can tell that Dave Mustaine wrote them. Mustaine basically handed Metallica their whole style, then he gets fired for being an alcoholic - a rather hypocritical move by Alcoholica - and has his music taken from him. Yes, Megadeth sold out during the ninties but Dave Mustaine did so wisely - Countdown to Extinction for example, hes went more mainstream yet kept some of the thrash for moderation, pretty much saying 'I won't change it too much, so I can go either way depending on the reception it gets'. Metallica didn't do that, they just went mainstream as hell. What dave Mustaine did was experimentation, what Metallica did was an awful attempt at selling out.

I can go on forever boy, don't drag this out anymore than you need to by making up bullshit facts.

an thrasherdave is a really intelligent username isn't it. well don't think i'll bother to come back here anymore as i don't come here to be insulted. you call me boy but when judging by your pics on here i'm old enough to be yr dad. nothing i said in here has been bs at all. its well known mustaine wasn't kicked out just cos he was a pisshead there was more to it than that. anyway i ain't here to argue with you dave or anyone else

an thrasherdave is a really intelligent username isn't it. well don't think i'll bother to come back here anymore as i don't come here to be insulted. you call me boy but when judging by your pics on here i'm old enough to be yr dad. nothing i said in here has been bs at all. its well known mustaine wasn't kicked out just cos he was a pisshead there was more to it than that. anyway i ain't here to argue with you dave or anyone else

then if you think yourself old enough to be Dave's dad why act Dave's age then?
I completely back up Dave's points, it has nothing to do with us being best friends or in the same band, end of the day it's just a matter of fact and taste.
There would be no Metallica without Mustaine, there'd be no Megadeth if Mustaine hadn't of been in Metallica, that's fact you can't argue it and if you fool yourself or others into thinking otherwise then it's just plain ignorance.
I prefer Megadeth cause they're technically a better band (by that I'm talking guitar-wise). Dave Mustaine's complex riffs and his choice of virtuoso-esque lead guitarists are just inspirational.
As for Zakk Wylde, it's not the fact he's mainstream that I don't like him, just as a guitarist I find him boring and uninspiring, his work just makes me go "meh", yeah I can't play like him and I don't WANT to play like him.
I don't want to play like anyone else out there, I want my own style.
As a guitarist you listen to bands or musicians that inspire you, whether that be to write songs or improve you playing skills. THAT'S why I don't like Metallica and Zakk Wylde, there's nothing there to inspire me it has nothing to do with the fact I adore Megadeth at all
So please end this feud, it's never going to get settled and this thread is probably going to be closed now anyway.

. i hate this stupid attitude people have when they say oh metallica sold out on the black album there for they suck now

no-one says that. they DO say 'metallica sold out on the black album and they continue suck now.'

in much the same way, megadeth sold out with risk, however they turned the battleship around and no longer suck.

also metallica has a long history of ripping stuff off (not that there's anything wrong with that, just look at Led Zeppelin)
i cite to you as evidence the riff from 'for whom the bell tolls' and the song 'angel of death' by angel witch. it's the same damn song.

I'm done arguing too
It's gotten pretty heated. I for one vow to just shut up whenever someone comes around and says a negative comment about Metallica or Zakk. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably disagree, but it's just not worth it anymore. They're just musicians that make music I like.
In the end it's always gonna come down to clashing opinions that can't be changed.
Me and vMETALLICAv will always be Metallica fans
Gregadeth and thrasherdave will always be Megadeth fans.
For fucks sake let's just put this fucking feud to rest.
On a final note I apologize about all the crap I said about Dave Mustaine and Megadeth.

I'm done arguing too
It's gotten pretty heated. I for one vow to just shut up whenever someone comes around and says a negative comment about Metallica or Zakk. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably disagree, but it's just not worth it anymore. They're just musicians that make music I like.
In the end it's always gonna come down to clashing opinions that can't be changed.
Me and vMETALLICAv will always be Metallica fans
Gregadeth and thrasherdave will always be Megadeth fans.
For fucks sake let's just put this fucking feud to rest.
On a final note I apologize about all the crap I said about Dave Mustaine and Megadeth.

True say. We're all grown men here... well except Dave, he's a woman ;)
The first actual Megadeth vs Metallica rant that's come to a conclusion! Even if it is agreeing to disagree! haha.
so Peace? (Sells But Who's Buying? - sorry couldn't resist!)