The Apostle In Triumph - Meaning of the Song

TheWorstCase

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hey.. first I gotta say that I'm sorry if there was already a thread like this one.. I searched for one but didnt find any, so I made up this thread

I'd like to know what you think about the meaning of the song "The Apostle in Triumph".. and please dont tell me stuff like that it is about werewolves.. :lol:

I can't decide whether this song is about Jesus or Satan.. the whisper of Mikael "So Judah fucked it up" (about 3 minutes and 40 seconds) confuses me too hard..

I'd be very pleased for your opinions :loco:

Wow - I've been here 3 and 1/2 years and I never noticed the whisper you speak of - at least I never realized it was what you claim it to be. Honestly I have no idea what the song is about, but I'd be glad to hear discussion. It is my favorite song on Orchid, btw.

When I first heard this part I heard the song on max volume.. I got freakin scared when it came to that part.. it was like a cold feeling got inside.. now I cant get enough of the song

best part = "the only way to follooooow aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

well it could go either way. but im going to doubt mike would say such a stupid line

hm.. then sorry, but for me it sounds more like what I said.. and its more poetic than -in solitude I wander-
or do you want to say that something about werewolves or whatever is more poetic than a religious theme?

ouh and btw, can you explain me the name of the song then? if the song was religious it wouldn't be hard, but this way.. dont know..

Werewolves, wtf? Anyway, it doesn't have to be about an actual apostle just because it says so in the title. I've never thought too much about this song, 'through the eternal flame I travel' may be a metaphor, the character comparing himself to an apostle going to hell after doing something evil (Judah). I'm not looking at the lyrics right now though, just a wild guess.

yep like everyone said to me that this song has no deeper meanings than to be about werevolves.. its not my opinion but the one off many others..

I've never thought too much about this song, 'through the eternal flame I travel' may be a metaphor, the character comparing himself to an apostle going to hell after doing something evil (Judah)

yea that line made especially made me think of the meaning of this song..

Really cool song, I don't usually listen to Orchid but i realised what I'm missing out not, I've never noticed the so Judah fucked it up bit, but yea it really does sound like thats what he's saying, though really quickly.

Why the hell would you think it's about werewolves?

Anyways, it is "In solitude I wander" bu yeah, it does sound like that Judah part if thats what your thinking of at the time.

And how is "So Judah fucked it up" more poetic than "In solitude I wander" ? lol

At 100% is "in solitude I wonder"

That's your opinion..

Why the hell would you think it's about werewolves?

As I said, its not me who thinks so...

And how is "So Judah fucked it up" more poetic than "In solitude I wander" ? lol

Well, imho it has in every way a much deeper meaning.. whatever

EDIT: Before I forget it, this thread shouldnt only be about this one whisper; why dont you tell me your opinions about the meaning of the song?

WOW. This is the audio equivalent of those pictures you can turn upsidedown and see something else.

But JudaS' kiss was in a garden, not a "vast enchanted forest". lol

WOW. This is the audio equivalent of those pictures you can turn upsidedown and see something else.

But JudaS' kiss was in a garden, not a "vast enchanted forest". lol

you are kind of right in both aspects.. it depends on what I want to hear when it reaches to that whisper :err:

mhm.. I dont know but maybe it is just meant to be symbolic..

what a dumb thread
-> explains how you got about 4000 posts