The Asmegin Thread

So this is NOT a drum machine??? I put this on tonight for some reason and, while the music is good, I simply can't get past the drum sound. It's no coincidence that they're played by the Clay Aiken of the band. It's too slick and upfront for the music, it's like the drums are totally separate from the music. I assume it's just a production issue, since they're apparently not electronic. Ugh... maybe they'll fix this on the next one.

1) seriously, release a new album you dicks
2) not a drum machine, just really REALLY really triggered bass drum. :(

btw: i realize that I said I liked it in the first post... things have changed, bitches.

Hin Vordende Sod & Sø is probably the greatest folk metal album I have ever had the pleasure of being enthralled by. This album is all over the place with clean avant garde vocals, death grunts, folk choruses, piercing sound effects from the unknown. Fuck yes! Accordions, flutes, and piano pieces that would make chopin applaud with glee. I'm seriously surprised that this forum hasn't jizzed all over it. I had to do a search just see if this band had ever been mentioned on this forum, as I was going to create a thread for them if it wasnt the case. Needless to say I stand here in dismay from the sheer lack of praise these Norwegian Nad's have received. This is 10/10 buy or die. If you're turned off by the cheesy cover, one quick opening of the case reveals beautiful art on the cd itself. I now shall bump this thread with the news that they are working on their follow up album "Tusind tabte Sjæles Kakofoni". This may be old news, I'm not sure. But who cares? :kickass:

Yeah I'm J on this one. It has some awesome parts but it all feels a bit too shifting and inconsistent; some of the songs do nothing for me. It also tends gives me the strange feeling that they've put the songs in the wrong order :loco:

Yeah it's definitely not really in my top 10 folk metal albums ever, but it's still a really cool listen I think.

Spaffe said:
It also tends gives me the strange feeling that they've put the songs in the wrong order

yes! you're completely right... I always felt the same way.