The Asmegin Thread

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
I don't know about you guys, but I believe "Hin Vordende Sod & Sø" to be one of the best folk metal albums ever. The drum sound is the most perfect I have ever found on ANY album, and the music is top notch. What stands out most of all, however, is Lars Nedland's clean vocals. BEST CLEAN VOCALS ever. These guys need another album.

Hm.. interesting. There's some "happy" folk stuff on it, but a lot of it is rather emotional/dark/whatever. It is an aquired taste, I'd say.

Great album. Interesting you mention the sound of the drums, as that is the only flaw on an otherwise perfect album for me. Their approach to songwriting is unique. Oh and about the vocals, that melody at the end of Blodhevn is sublime. Only other complaints would be the cover art and the fact that they dress like Akercocke.

Hahaha exactly... the drums sound flawless except for blast beats and very fast double bass... it has a very triggered (perhaps thats the right word) sound.

Marksveld said:
I don't know about you guys, but I believe "Hin Vordende Sod & Sø" to be one of the best folk metal albums ever. The drum sound is the most perfect I have ever found on ANY album, and the music is top notch. What stands out most of all, however, is Lars Nedland's clean vocals. BEST CLEAN VOCALS ever. These guys need another album.

What an unfortunate band name.

Zod

I've actually always wanted to hear this album, but that cover art is just ultra gay, and always turns me off

Yes, the cover art is shit. J.. if you use AIM or something, talk to me- I'll send you the album. I suppose I could send a CD-R as well.

This is a good album, but not brilliant....so far. I think the biggest problem I have is everyone else favorite thing about it: Lars Nedland's vocals. They didn't do anything for me in SOlefald, and they still don't. Too robotic sounding.

The album did take me by surprise. This is not happy-go-lucky Ensiferum or Finntroll. This is their evil cousin.

Oh yes they're very good, and what's so bad about the cover art? I like it a lot :p

I heard that their coming album would be "a lot more progressive" or something to that effect, it will be very interesting to hear anyway.

This is the cover art?

hvsos_large2.jpg

I've seen much, much, much worse. That to me just looks like a standard issue Finntroll cover.

No samples on their website? LAME!

Henrik Main said:
The cover art slays. The album itself is QUITE good, but leaves a bit to be desired. They're fantastic live, by the way.

Yeah I agree with you there, some songs could have been left out and none would have missed them. Btw what does the titles mean?

Glad this thread is alive again. The album art isnt that bad, but I think they could have done something cooler. I've been listening to this CD a lot recently, but I'm trying not to burn myself out on it. Good to hear that they are working on another album, I can imagine it will be good!

spaffe said:
Yeah I agree with you there, some songs could have been left out and none would have missed them. Btw what does the titles mean?

I THINK it means something like "The Future/Becoming Sauce And Soup", as in, the witch on the cover is in the progress of creating a sauce (the contents of said sauce are probably very grim :p ). But then again, it's in archaic Norwegian, so I'm not sure.

Henrik Main said:
I THINK it means something like "The Future/Becoming Sauce And Soup", as in, the witch on the cover is in the progress of creating a sauce (the contents of said sauce are probably very grim :p ). But then again, it's in archaic Norwegian, so I'm not sure.

Hehe ok, a brygd of sorts then?