The Bands Instrument Specs

Alexis guitars are just like his old ones, meaning they are exactley like his Jacksons except for the paint job, and the name. hey are Alder Bodies with 24 fret maple necks, the have EMG pickups with the gain boost electronics, and an Original Floyd Rose Tremelo. His normal amp rig is a wireless to a Lee Jackson GP-1000 preamp, Rocktron Intellifex (black face), and an ENGL E840/50 2X50 watt Power Amp, all through Marshall 1960 300 Watt cabinets.

Henka probably goes through an Ampeg 8x12 or 8x 10 cabinet and his bass specs are found at www.espguitars.net. he has both a 4 string and a 5 string bass. His bass is also Alder body with a 24 fret hard maple neck, and his pickups are 2 EMG 40 DC's with a volume and balacer knobs, plus a 3 band active EQ.

The consumer models at www.espguitars.net are shitty compared to alexi's custom ESP's. There is no active electronics on the consumer models, while Alexi's customs has the gain boost system.

Wait wait.. Alexi got the EMG81, right?

Then I can just laugh about ESP... the Alexi Laiho-repros there cost 350k Yen and feature EMG HZ-H4s whilst the Kai Hansen-repro costs "only" 315k Yen and has 2(!) EMG-81s.. ok, it's in Pink and therefor looks kinda gay, but... hey! o_O; Why are they making a 2-pickup guitar cheaper then a 1-pickup one that is mostly "hard to make" due to the Paintjob? <.<; It's not 35k Yen for that damned Paintjob.. <_<;;

Edit: It especially makes no sense since they got like 4 versions of Kirk Hammett's Guitar that they sell in Europe&US and the Alexi-repro is only being sold in Japan... think about the rest of the World ;__;

No, not that way.. it's only disturbing how they spread one guitar from a once-metal now sellout band that much and kinda kick down the rising star of New fucking Metal ;_;

Anyways.. considering the Instrument Specs: Anybody knows Alexander's? And is there a better scan of that pic with Alexis&Roopes Guitars&Racks? o_o

Ales guitars are at www.espguitars.net also. i dont know exactly what pickups alexi has in HIS CUSTOM MODELS, but the consumer ones are EMG HZH4, which suck. I DO KNOW, HOWEVER, that alexi still has the gainboost active electronics on his custom ESP's, i saw it at the concert.

EDIT: speaking of guitars, does the chrome hardware on my RX10D look funny to you guys or is it just me. I'm thinking of getting a gold licensed FR for it. what do you people think??

bobvex said:
EDIT: speaking of guitars, does the chrome hardware on my RX10D look funny to you guys or is it just me. I'm thinking of getting a gold licensed FR for it. what do you people think??
its your guitar, do whatever you want with it :)

but if you do change it, make sure you also change your knobs, locking nut, and tuners, and strap buttons, because mismatched hardware colors looks stupid IMHO.

Yeah i know
haha, i already have a locking nut, i just need knobs and the actual FR and strap buttons now.

Serge... said:
That's going to be one pimped out guitar.
Fuck yeah it is, im excited. After that i only need one more thing for it, a 24 fret neck.

Alexi's new signature ESP definately sounds nothing like his old RR. I don't know much about the technical specs and difference between the consumer models and his ones, but all I know is that HIS new one sounds like utter crap... so I dont even wanna hear the consumer model.

whooo hoooo i just got a Gold Floyd Off Ebay for 66 bucks, and i bought knobs yesterday, along with strap buttons, whooo im half way there. Now all i need is a input jack cover and tuners, oh and the tip of a toggle switch, does anyone know where to get those, i looked at guitar center and they dont have any, do i have to order them from jackson or fender now.

Yeah but look at the REAL alexi white guitar, it has gold hardware, and the consumer on ehas chrome. Also, if youve ever seen alexi's personal guitar up close, it has a black leaf toggle switch (like the two that are on the fron of a Line 6 POD Pro), and the consumer model does not. I SAW IT AT THE CONCERT. It is black and right near the apex of the bottom black pinstripe.

PB140291%20arrow.JPG

TIP-Doppelkeks said:
as far as I know he uses the EMGhzs. not the 81.

ever tried combining an active PU with an active gainboost? :rolleyes:
ALL the comsumer ESP signature models come with EMG HZ :ill:. But the actual artists CUSTOM GUITAR has their own preference of Pickup. I doubt Alexi uses the HZ's, because they suck, but he probably has his own selection of Pickyp. Oh, and I dont think alexi used EMG's on his Custome jasksons Either, i was looking at a picture of his Black guitar with the green pinstripes, the same one thats in the New Zakk Wylde YG magazine, and their are Jackson pickups in it.
Maybe he has the Same pickups in his ESP's

no he didn't have EMGs in his rhoads, he once used a J50BC together with a JE1000, but now changed to EMGhzs, coz somehow ESP wasn't about to screw some jackson pickups into his guitar.
he could have asked for a "I-Love-Jackson-Finish", too, but that would have been the same I guess.

that's what an endorsement deal brings along in disadvantages...

HZs are at least what he had in it. I doubt ESP is gonna visit him at home every week to control if he didn't change anything with his electronics...
he would have to change his whole setup if he does with his guitar electronics, since the GP1000 uses to suck big way too with another axe, but anyway...

that's alexis prob, not mine. my sound rules. :D

@silent night throbbong night; welcome aboard and thank you very much for sharing your mind with us.