The Batlord Has Landed!

The Batlord

Motorized Super Satan
Jan 17, 2017
Greetings, peons.

I've been listening to metal for half my life now and it doesn't look like I'm gonna stop now. Grew up on thrash metal, and I still listen to a fair amount, though my days of cracking out on the Big Four are becoming fewer and more far between (though Kill 'Em All) is still a top 10 metal album for me. These days I'm more likely to listen to some death thrash like Demolition Hammer, Exhorder, and Morbid Saint. Making time for tech/prog thrash as well, like Anacrusis, Dark Angel, and Coroner. Got some mad old school speed/power metal that may or may not be at least connected with thrash, such as Whiplash, Jag Panzer, and Exciter.

Doom, stoner, and sludge are hitting big with me these days as well. Acid Bath's When the Kite String Pops is a top 5 desert island album easily, totally getting into Reverend Bizarre at the moment, and the usual suspects of Candlemass, Electric Wizard, Eyehategod, Melvins, Corrosion of Conformity, and Coffinworm all getting a fair amount of play as well.

Of course I love extreme metal, but I've rambled on too long already, so I'll just end this with saying that old school, 90s metalcore is pretty much the best thing ever and I will beat you all over the head until you realize it too. Ringworm, Arkangel, Converge, Earth Crisis, Undying, Unbroken, Acme, Creation Is Crucifixion, Disembodied, Stampin Ground, and Zao are all the everloving shit.

Love,
He who is known as "I Am"