The best albums of 2008 thread

massiveconspiracyagainstalllife.jpg

anybody heard the new dystopia? anyone who still posts here listen to dystopia?

I did, but i'm not an old fan or anything. I only heard Human=Garbage maybe twice.
The new one, I thought was pretty damn decent, but defintely not mind blowing. I really dig the doomish punk approach, though i'm having mixed thoughts about the vocals. Sometimes they remind me of Graves at sea, just great high-pitched stuff, and sometimes it sounds childish, also when combined with the lyrics (fuck your lies/and you will never be happy).
Also, too many samples. Overall, I think it's good, but there are far more interesting stuff going around. Like: the new portishead, the new tusk, the new leviathan, the endless blockade to think of a few.

Thinking about it, I don't even think I have 5 albums set aside for the top 10 of the year yet.

Been pretty unimpressed this year, haha.

Thinking about it, I don't even think I have 5 albums set aside for the top 10 of the year yet.

Been pretty unimpressed this year, haha.
Agreed. At the pace I'm going, I'll buy fewer CDs this year than I have during any other year in recent memory.

So far, there are only a handful of discs that deserve Top 10 status. Warrel's solo disc would top that list. New releases by Satriani and Ihsahn would end up on that list as well. I'm very curious to check out the latest releases by Zero Hour, Opeth and Evergrey. All possible Top 10 contenders.

Zod

bought this yesterday, listening for the first time right now :kickass:

i also haven't bought much recently, due a lot to being a jobless student but also i haven't been aware of too much shit of great quality coming out this year...last year i thought was a fucking kick ASS year for metal though and some of my favorite bands had big releases last year so i don't have too high of hopes for the rest of 2008...anybody know anything else interesting coming down the pipe in the next 6 months?

edit: really diggin the massive conspiracy cover art :kickass: