The best albums of 2008 thread

Picked up the Misery's Omen album Hope Dies yesterday, one of very few copies that have made it to distros thus far I believe. Fucking unbelievable. Stargazer (literally) meets avant-arty blackmetal. A rec thread may be forthcoming once I have a better grasp on it.

hope_dies.jpg

Nico, the tracks on Myspace are fucking KICKASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I cant wait for this to be available widely. I need this!!!!!!! They def do have a stargazer feel to them with extras. These guys from SG, MC, etc never fail to produce.

Also, randomly: there should be a new Stargazer out for the end of the year. I spent quite some time chatting to the boys last night at a CBR show and they're putting the finishing touches on a writing a THIRD album as well, which may/may not be out by the end of the decade. I'm told they're exploring a lot of what can be done beyond the context of the music, into the realm of the SOUND and how it impacts us. Also, more eastern influence. So there's a lot more coming from that camp to keep an ear out for.

That Misery's Omen is fucking amazing. Is there anywhere more obvious to get this than http://www.thecavedistro.tk/ ? Was hoping FMP had it, no luck.

Daylight Dies - Lost To The Living - June 24 (Leaked)

Will be out next month. Listened to it a few times. Not entirely sure how I feel about it yet. It's good, but top of 2008? Dismantling Devotion feels far superior to me maybe it's a grower.

Opeth - Watershed - June 3 (Leaked)

This is definitely a top 10 for me. I was extremely dissapointed with how bland and uninspired Ghost Reveries felt. I figured Opeth would put a nail in the coffin with this album but I was pleasantly surprised to find out this wasn't the case. As a side note - saw them on Saturday - Heir Apparent crushed live. It's got a very doom-like vibe to it.

That Misery's Omen album is fucking S T U N N I N G. Does everything these fuckers touch turn to gold? !

And where the fuck do they find these sick bass players?

. Album is just amazing. The bass is godly. Reminds me of the first time i heard morningrise in that respect. That part towards the end of 'that which lies beyond'; solo+awesome bass is :worship:notworthy:worship: