The best gig you've ever been to?

lanky noob

Jan 13, 2012
The shire, UK
For me, it's between metallica at wembley in 2007,(first gig :p) rammstein at sonisphere 2010, or slipknot at sonisphere 2011. Or Devin townsend/Fear factory, bristol o2 academy, 2012

Two weeks ago at Adolescents and Youth Brigade. 300 people packed in a small venue, and it was crazy!

I liked Devin Townsend in Hellfest 2011. I really, relaly, loved Septicflesh in my hometown in 2011 as well. They are epic live, in a small but good venue !

Decapitated was pretty awesome, best band I've seen was probably Viatrophy. Thy Art were great too.

Suffocation - Underworld : 2009? Place was fucking packed.

Would also have to add the obligatory Metallica vote, pretty much died after hearing AJFA after 10 pints.

Would also have to add the obligatory Metallica vote, pretty much died after hearing AJFA after 10 pints.

Was that wembley? I was the same, minus the ten pints due to only being 13 at the time pahaha, also had the same reaction when they played disposable heroes, orion, the four horsemen and no leaf clover. And that ridiculous crowd outro thing for the memory remains

Was that wembley? I was the same, minus the ten pints due to only being 13 at the time pahaha, also had the same reaction when they played disposable heroes, orion, the four horsemen and no leaf clover. And that ridiculous crowd outro thing for the memory remains

Nope, the O2.

Maiden San Antonio 2008.

Second I guess would have to be Sepultura 1994, I was up against the barrier right in front. Not a huge venue though.

Third, maybe Kreator opening for Morbid Angel in 93, same club as Sepultura.

First two that come to mind:

Nevermore (headlining)/In Flames (middle)/Shadows Fall (opening)...[my how things change]
Megadeth/Fear Factory/Nevermore/Symphony X et al at MegaGigantastock or whatever Mustaines tour was called. My 3 fav bands played

Shit... too many to remember, lol.

Ill just throw down a few "better" ones:

Gojira and Burst

Soilwork/Killswitch/Devildriver/Lamb of God

Kiss and Motley Crue

Rammstein

Sick of it All

Tons of old shit I cant even remember anymore.... something like: Metallica, White Zombie and Pantera? Or maybe Metallica, Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig? I cant remember anymore, I was like fucking 11, lol

Mercenary 2008, with like maybe 200-250 people. Seemed like everyone was there for death angel, the stage is pretty low, so I could headbang next to them practically haha
That was just plain awesome.
They were also great the 3 other times I saw them, altho 2 festivals and one bigger venue, totally different atmoshere.

Unearth during summer last year was also pretty intense. Small venue, were my band regulary gigs too...easily over 350 people I'd guess, when the venue is allowed to have something like 250 iirc. in the middle of august, hottest day of the year. the only times it has been as hot on a gig was when I played myself. but awesome show.

maybe both those 2 small club shows were also as awesome, because I got to meet and hang a bit with some of the band members afterwards.

my first time metallica in 2004 was also pretty epic. the other ones were also really nice, despite lars and kirk at most spots^^

oh yeah, and soilwork in 2005 was also reaaaaally nice. not too many people (400 maybe), stabbing the drama tour. fuck yeah.

killswitch engange in 2009 or '10 was one of my favs too...1200 people or something like that, last show I saw with howard I think. killer.