The Best Horror Film of 2006

What is your favorite horror film of 2006?

• Hostel

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • When A Stranger Calls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tamara

• Final Destination 3

• The Hills Have Eyes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Stay Alive

• Slither

• Silent Hill

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • An American Haunting

• See No Evil

• The Omen

• Lady In The Water

• The Descent

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Pulse

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Beginning

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • The Grudge 2

• Saw III

• Night Of The Living Dead 3-D

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Turistas

• Black Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EvilVince

Satan Christ
Dec 16, 2001
Morristown, Arizona
myspace.com
I'm a really big horror movie buff, so I thought it'd be interesting to do a poll and see what you all thought were the best horror films this year. A lot of great gory films in 2006 (The Hills Have Eyes, Hostel, Black Christmas), and a lot of really bad ones (Pulse, Stay Alive, The Covenant). Like any year really. Anyways, here's my top ten list of horror films for 2006:

1. Slither
2. The Descent
3. Black Christmas
4. Hostel
5. The Hills Have Eyes
6. Final Destination 3
7. Silent Hill
8. Lady In The Water
9. Snakes On A Plane (Not horror, really, but still very entertained)
10. The Omen

All theatrical releases only included. But I'm sure there's a ton of great straight-to-video shit I still haven't seen yet. I hope.

-Vince

This year was not good for horror films...Almost all the movies in the list were disappointmentments for me...especially the one I was dying to see-Lady in The Water(cos I am a N. Shyamalan fan)...This film sucked so badly even a big fan(me) can finish the film swearing to Shyamalan...

they all sucked major asshole

and yes lady in the water is a peice of trashhole

They all have mainstream roots, especially Texas chainsaw massacre (begining), The Reeker, Hostel 1, 2, but best from those horrors is Silent Hill even i think last one too much pretentious and nothing deal with artchaos/house style of the game. :headbang:

Im going to say The Hills Have Eyes was the best of 06'......even though it was a remake I thought it was really well done.....not too hoakey and shit.....but then again I havnt been too much into the horror genre lately and Im sure theres a better one on the list.....I just havnt seen it...

Gave my vote for Silent Hill. It was great. Really enjoyed watching it. The Descent and the Hostel were also great. I haven't seen new version of Hills Have Eyes yet, but at least the '77-version is good.

silent hill was good until they tried to give it a plot and ruined it with an extremely bad ending.

No 2006 horror movie was able to scare me so far, so I'll say they pretty much all failed. However, Silent Hill was nicely directed IMO.

My vote goes to nothing because I hate remakes and I hate anything labeled "horror" after the 80's.

And now I'm gonna watch Day Of The Dead, and be pissed off that they're gonna remake this too.

yeah, pure comedy, i mean, the part when Pyramid head rips the woman´s flesh with his hands like he is unwrapping candy plastic, it was like, so funny

No, the whole movie was worth watching, nice direction, the atmosphere was very similar to the game, good acting, i really enjoyed it. Saw 3 was good, and the rest of the movies totally sucked.

My vote goes to nothing because I hate remakes and I hate anything labeled "horror" after the 80's.

And now I'm gonna watch Day Of The Dead, and be pissed off that they're gonna remake this too.

I have to agree with you, Kev. Though I do like some remakes sometimes but they usually are shit.

As for the Silent Hill movie... I did like some parts of it... but the end ruined the very few parts I liked of it. As I said before in another thread, I think the best parts of Silent Hill were when the changing of worlds, that's all.

There're still some movies I have to watch anyway.

black christmas and silent hill were cool, but nothing compared to the awesomeness of the descent :p i really liked it :p...i dont know how people could like hill have eyes, i mean the gore its oki, but the plotline and ending are crap :p... some of those movies i havent seen cuz they dont look appealing (i.e an american haunting)

yeah, pure comedy, i mean, the part when Pyramid head rips the woman´s flesh with his hands like he is unwrapping candy plastic, it was like, so funny

Ok...maybe the only cool part in the movie. The rest is hollywood bullshit just to make a quick buck. I should have waited to see it on dvd anyways...hate going to theatres. Had to go opening day with all the geeks there with their new electronic gadgets and fatty fast food farts.