the best set closer

There are a fair few that would suit but, no mention of Karma, prompts me to make that mine.

.. Actually, your mention of Karma was the fourth mention, the first being in the initial thread post; I agree with the choice being prime, though. Others of mine too have been mentioned-- Hex Omega, for one. A relatively simple Opeth song in regard at least to amount of music, but so effective. One of their best closers, if not the; the ending riff and lingering keys blow my mind.

I know this one has been played lots of times but still...."anyway this song is called De-li-ver-ance"

I also agree with Hex Omega. I just love the vibe of that song, one of my favorites off Watershed. It would make a really cool closer but I just can't say that it would be better than Karma. Just the intensity of that last riff and the insane growls, and then BOOM its over :headbang:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

When I went to see them I thought The Drapery Falls was a fitting ending.I thought ending with April Etheral would be just as awesome.Always appoint to end with an epic I feel.

The Moor is my favorite Opeth song ever but it is totally an opener. Maybe im just saying that because it starts Still life so perfectly. It fucking annihilates

Dude™;7404485 said:
The Moor is my favorite Opeth song ever but it is totally an opener. Maybe im just saying that because it starts Still life so perfectly. It fucking annihilates
I'm totally with you on that one,there's no other place really for it!

IMO the best closer is Blackwater Park. That song is close to the perfect encore. I was actually almost disappointed when they played Demon of the Fall after it. Demon is a great track, but they've been closing with it for so many years now, that it's probably time for something else.

+ 1

the most epic ending ever, dotf is better an opener than an ending.

Ending to Heir App is also begging as an end to the set

.. Actually, your mention of Karma was the fourth mention, the first being in the initial thread post; I agree with the choice being prime, though. Others of mine too have been mentioned-- Hex Omega, for one. A relatively simple Opeth song in regard at least to amount of music, but so effective. One of their best closers, if not the; the ending riff and lingering keys blow my mind.
It was like 4am when I typed that haha, so I would have lazy read the first page. Bwp would be my 2nd choice. Edit lol I must have been tired, I was up watching the tennis, and Karma is mentioned above my post lol.

Loooove Karma. It may be the most undermentioned song on this board (though suddenly everyone is showing love for it).

Other possible closers:
1. White Cluster - it's just a stunning song
2. Ghost of Perdition - though that last riff doesn't end with the "epicness"

It's all so terribly subjective isn't. Personally I'd do a double creaming of the pants if, as an encore, Mikael Åkerfeldt announced "In Mist she was Standing".

Thinking about the topic, "Heir Apparent" would be an awesome closer too - it's got the energy to make the crowd go full tilt AND a fabulous epic ending.