the best

Metal rarely leaves much room for bass parts that separate from the riffs or go off and do their own thing. We get glimpses here and there.

weareinflames - if you read more of what I wrote you would see that I wasnt implying any lack of skill or quality on Harris's part. Just what I mentioned above.

For the bass player part I think that's because of the lack creativity in metal bass playing more than skill.
Right, that's what I'm saying. Very few bassists really do anything interesting, which results in the ones who do so being idolized.

weareinflames - if you read more of what I wrote you would see that I wasnt implying any lack of skill or quality on Harris's part. Just what I mentioned above.
no, I get that. I get why you don't really like him, I suppose. But imo he kicks ass.

no, I get that. I get why you don't really like him, I suppose. But imo he kicks ass.

Damn man, I didnt say I didnt like him, the guy was so instrumental in the development of metal and a great song writer. I just said I never understood how some felt he was a standout when it comes to the bass. Then later upon better observation I said I understood.