Tool

I think they are metal...just not extreme metal. I don't get this 'they are not metal' shit. They use double bass sometimes, they have some pretty fucking heavy moments...

Not metal my bum. Not EXTREME metal. Not nu-metal either. They're just METAL.

Parasite said:
Tool is definatly not metal.
Tool is definatly awesome.
Tool id definatly in need of a new guitarist.

eek.gif
I am shocked.

Tool does NOT need a new guitarist. Just because Adam doesn't shred doesn't mean he isn't good. In fact, he's fucking perfect. His riffs rule the school, and I'm hard pressed to believe anyone could do a better job in that band.

Reactions: NAD
As long as people think Black Sabbath is metal, Tool is metal too. If we really need to classify, I'd say:

"Progressive Alternative Metal" :loco:

Yey. They are pretty heavy at times, aren't they?
I can't understand what's wrong with the guitarist, BTW. A guy who can stay in the rhythm must be good enough, and not playing solos is a rare virtue for a prog band. Solos are gay. GAY.

Anyoen who considers Tool to be technical is in dire need of a King Crimson album IMO... :)

Exactly :D

I can't believe the mighty Crimso opened up for a Tool gig. It should be the other way around if there was any justice in thsi world :(

But don't get me wrong, I like Tool. But KC are better :)

Pancakes said:
I'd call it...progressive industrial metal, or something.

o_O
Tool are neither industrial nor metal..Tool are more like progressive hard rock..I liked Aenima, the Cd took me by surprise..Tool were lumped into the alternative hard rock category when the alternative/grunge boom happened in the USA.. Although I couldn't grasp Lateralus, just couldn't get into it..

Tool is not what i would call metal but Progressive rock..they arent mallmetal (even though mallmetalheads love them for some reason) but they arent the same as like Soundgarden or anything...Tool is the Pink Floyd of the now...they are prog and they are there...there is no real genre for Tool...

Bleakest Harvest said:
Proggy hard-rock is what i'd call 'em. Pretty good, very talented but a bit overhyped by the mainstream media I feel.

I agree. They're not amazing... I like them and they're good, but they seem over rated a little.