The "Check out this band!" thread.

hey everyone....this convo is form yrs ago...but if anyone of u still visit here...can u plz send me a list of good metal bands...form any country..preferably ones that arent english....its a big ask i kno..but anyway...

extreme metal bands:
Spite Extreme Wing (lyrics in italian) they are great! Argento is a genius.
Imago Mortis
Forgotten Tomb
Hortus Animae and also Hate Profile
Extrema

There are a lot of great epic metal band here
Doomsword (one of my favourite bands)
Wotan
Holy Martyr
Icy Steel
Battle Ram

If you like prog you have to listen to Adramelch (Vittorio Ballerio is an incredible singer) and Moon of Steel

While for the classic HM sound check out Strana Officina, Crying Steel, Fire Trails and Vanadium (PINO SCOTTO RULEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!)

... and don't forget to check out the master of guitar, the fastest player ever, the supreme technique made flesh, the one and only... Mr. RICHARD BENSON (I'm joking, of course) :lol:

You people have never heard of ABORYM??? Fucking best black metal band Italy has ever produced. They combine top-notch black metal with electronica and industrial and it's truly fantastic.

LISTEN TO THEM, NOW.

Aboyrm is an amazing band, but I never didnt consider them totally I-tie since they have some foreign members.

But the new album is simply awesome. Dont like the electronic parts??? how can you not like Suffer Catalyst??? That is one of the best metal songs I have ever heard. The subtle electronic part at 1:45 is one of the best uses of electronic synth in metal that I have ever heard. If I could steal that riff, I would.

I still vote for Ras Algethi. Their album in 95 was really good for the time.:headbang:

Their cover of the song "Det Som Engang Var" is better than the original.

If you like Aborym you should check out Mysticum. Aborym's current vocalist sings for that band, which was the original industrial black metal band (approved by Euronymous himself).

Lacuna Coil and Novembre are o.k. Rhapsody of Fire are not my cup of tea. Graveworm are italian, not german-italian.
Try also:
Chaoswave (modern thrash metal)
Disarmonia Mundi (melodic death metal, vocals by Speed Strid)
Methedras (technical thrash/death)
Time Machine (progressive metal, used to like them)
Not really metal anymore: Klimt 1918
Classic: Bulldozer

maybe he said german-italian because they're from Trentino which actually is more a german than an italian region (plus it's authonomous whatever you write it)

Well, maybe the mod can join this thread with the "italian bands" thread :rolleyes: . I made this thread because I thought it was a bit senseless to havea thread of only italian metal bands, when you can have one with many bands of many countries :headbang: .

Well, as my 1st contribution, maybe you can check out thew following Costa Rican bands:

Sight of Emptiness

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=8c11bbd2-340d-4cef-8734-808be6c51ee2

and

Time's Forgotten

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=9eb3bdff-c28a-4361-a948-b9703a8aa2d9

Those two bands are basically the ones that have achieved the most in the international Metal Scene. SOE just came back from opening Bloodstock Opean Air in England, and T'sF were the opening band of the Baja Prog in Mexico :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :worship:

You might also like Editus, not Metal but they won a Grammy. :)

:headbang:

You people have never heard of ABORYM??? Fucking best black metal band Italy has ever produced. They combine top-notch black metal with electronica and industrial and it's truly fantastic.

LISTEN TO THEM, NOW.

if it wasn't for Dodheimsgard's 666 International, Aborym would have been "just another black metal band"

if it wasn't for Dodheimsgard's 666 International, Aborym would have been "just another black metal band"

What the fuck are you talking about. 666 International sounds nothing like Aborym. Aborym's music is much more focused than that album, not to mention Aborym has been playing industrial black metal well before 666 International came out.

take it easy dude. i was just trying to say that they were heavily influenced by 666 International, as were many other bands.