The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I dont think 500 is that bad, keep in mind these guitars are discontinued and harder to get, its more or less your opinion, do you find that scratch a problem yes or no,

Your welcome mate :)

I find it funny how similar the Jackson is to Esp Laiho model. I remember that ESP had to make one of the wings slighty smaller cause of Jackson, when making Laiho's first signature models. Not it's like other way around.
Would have been nice to see Jackson's managements faces when they realized, how much money they actually lost when Laiho changed to ESP :D

Like Fastbodom said, one scratch is basicly nothing since all V-shaped guitar will get them, sooner or later. I think 500e is actually pretty good price if the condition is fine.

Thanks, for the help, I know, but it's a little bit frustrating because it's in front of everyone eyes....:( the headstock's top is perfect, the edges are fine and there is that little flaw, but I know I won't find another guitar in such a good condition for this low price that contains the case too.

About it's history, it was used on Fleshgod Apocalypse's Oracles album after that the drummer sold it to that guy from I would buy, if everything will fit together.

BTW, I asked him for more detailed photos, but he didn't response yet, that was on Tuesday, hope he still have it.

Finally I got some pics of it, but I think that another point as I saw is also a scratch type and as I saw the back of the headstock has some damage too (but that's the last problem, I'm only sad because of the front damages)

Here it is:

edit

edit

edit

edit

edit

edit

So how you old, experienced RR24 owners think?:D Is it worth to buy?

i personally would buy the thing :D, but id probably repaint it to something cool anyway hehe, you know an guitar that has paint chips/scratches and looks Used. in my opinion looks more badass than a new shiny one, it just looks like it has history. it looks like something legendary...

scratch barely noticable lol, 500 euros is a very good price for that guitar. keep in mind it doesnt have an OFR..those things are expensive lol.

You mean Original Floyd? In any of the test they say it has an OFR or what is that exactly, am I know something wrong? :confused:

I remember when I found out the bridge in my RR24 wasn't an OFR, but I can't say I'm disappointed by what I have in the slightest. It still stays in tune and performs just as well as a regular floyd, or at least from what I've noticed.

I say buy it, you won't be disappointed. Hell, if anything after you do get the guitar it will probably feel really strange to play most other guitars. The quality of them is that good, from the neck shape, the neck heel, body joint, and fretboard. The only thing I changed out was the EMG but that's just because I'm not a fan of EMG's. I'll eventually upgrade to stainless steel frets as well but I'm in no hurry for it at the moment.

You mean Original Floyd? In any of the test they say it has an OFR or what is that exactly, am I know something wrong? :confused:

It means Original Floyd Rose, I know that the RR24 does not have an OFR only the Limited Edition Reversed Inlay has an OFR, I know bcuz I own one of the latter.

Having experience with Licensed Floyd Rose i can say that once you have felt the chirp and feel of an OFR you will want nothing else. to bad its quite expensive to buy an OFR, 250 euros for a chrome one 299 for a gold chrome one and black in between.

The first year ones does have an OFR(including limited edition), the 2008-2010 versions is all "ping floyd rose" original rip off. Only difference is material strenght and it doesn't flutter as well, nor stay in position as the original. So Germany vs Asia built :p

It means Original Floyd Rose, I know that the RR24 does not have an OFR only the Limited Edition Reversed Inlay has an OFR, I know bcuz I own one of the latter.

Having experience with Licensed Floyd Rose i can say that once you have felt the chirp and feel of an OFR you will want nothing else. to bad its quite expensive to buy an OFR, 250 euros for a chrome one 299 for a gold chrome one and black in between.

I'll tell you the truth, in Hungary the Schaller gold ORF costs only 200€ and the others 190€ ;) ("I CAN TELL YOU THAT!"):p