The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

All you fanboys hold on to your shits, jackson has finally learned something:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/features/coming-soon/

check the new RRXMG finishes available of march 2014 :D

Dislike the basswood though..and no ebony neck, just plain rosewood :p
but still, looks like a good guitar to me, shame of the wood.

anyone got an idea what they might be going to cost?

All you fanboys hold on to your shits, jackson has finally learned something:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/features/coming-soon/

check the new RRXMG finishes available of march 2014 :D

Dislike the basswood though..and no ebony neck, just plain rosewood :p
but still, looks like a good guitar to me, shame of the wood.

anyone got an idea what they might be going to cost?

Once again, what's wrong with basswood?

Once again, what's wrong with basswood?

its the lowest quality and cheapest wood, now we can rant and discuss that the sound might arguably be good or same, it just seems very unlikely that guitar builders use the more expensive wood just to get $$$, ok ESP, jackson, ibanex etc etc are marketing driven companies, but also started from the initial humble guitar lutier..

Just go to guitar center and play a x series jackson with basswood and see it how sounds and feels. It's not worth using the guitar to do anything but play at home for fun/practice imo.

its the lowest quality and cheapest wood
Nope and nope.

Just go to guitar center and play a x series jackson with basswood and see it how sounds and feels. It's not worth using the guitar to do anything but play at home for fun/practice imo.

^ Implying we have Guitar centre in Baltics, heck, even Europe.
And the big argument - only wings of the guitar is basswood. It's a neck-thru guitar - you do the math here tone freaks.

Actually, I have played many fine lover-end Ibanez guitars, so I think X series Jacksons with a pickup upgrade (and floyd block upgrade) would def. be a fine guitars.

Nothing wrong with basswood......Vai's Jem's almost all use basswood and his tone is great IMO.

The wood alone means nothing. The wood of the body, neck, and P/U type, along with guitars construction, will all play a role in the sound it makes.

Willing to bet if you have 2 identical guitars, only difference being the body wood, you could EQ them to sound exactly the same. One may resonate more or have more sustain, but tone could be identical.

Nope and nope.

^ Implying we have Guitar centre in Baltics, heck, even Europe.
And the big argument - only wings of the guitar is basswood. It's a neck-thru guitar - you do the math here tone freaks.

Actually, I have played many fine lover-end Ibanez guitars, so I think X series Jacksons with a pickup upgrade (and floyd block upgrade) would def. be a fine guitars.

I dunno there's gotta be some guitar shop where you're at? It's just my opinion. I've actually played the x series rhoads and compared to my rr24 it was a huge difference.

Nothing wrong with basswood......Vai's Jem's almost all use basswood and his tone is great IMO.

Yeah but that can't be the same basswood. There's definitely different tiers cause I've played those guitars too and they're amazing. The neck on steve Vai's guitar is the best I ever felt.

It literally is the same basswood. Hence my disdain for Ibanez and their mystery woods. It's dumb to me that other companies have all of these expensive guitars and a lot of the time that's why the price point is what it is on high end guitars. A lot of it is based on wood quality.

... And then comes Ibanez, with their shitty mystery woods. Half of the time they won't even list what wood is in their guitars unless they actually break from the norm and use alder or wenge or something. Almost all of their guitars are bolt-on, rosewood necked, and I'm not a fan of any of their parts either. Everything about them feels cheap, no matter how expensive they are and I always manage to find something that feels, plays, and sounds better. This may be subjective, but still.

A couple thousand dollars for basswood, rosewood fretboards, and bolt on necks, and not good bolt-ons at that, is a joke.

Nah, there is American Basswood and also some Asian Basswood. Apparently there's a difference in density and weight. Therefore, the sound is different. Guitar wood is weird.. apparently there's like 12 different mahagony species that guitar manufacturers choose from.

The specs for these low-mid range guitars are all about making money.

can anyone with an intellifex online help me out?.... my preset control pot isnt working correctly. it doesnt smoothly scroll through each successive preset, it skips one every time. for example, when i power the unit on it starts on preset one. if i turn the dial once clockwise, it goes to preset 3 instead of going to preset 2.

is this normal for the intellifex or should i get it to my tech and see if he can fix it?

I think that one looks really badass. I've often seen pics of the pink Alexi glimmers red in the right light. It's a great color. I was never a fan of the old red pin striped RR24 but that one... great
xfs4f9.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAx_CGyZnzw

does anyone know what amps are used in this?

my gp sounds pretty much just like this, but they have a bit of growl on the low end. you can hear it alot better when they play individually. how do they accomplish that low end growl??

i thought maybe the rsp 2400 enhancing lows...or maybe the sansamp playing at the same time as the gp?

I guess it's the Kerry King Marshall he also used for Blooddrunk. But it could be any other amp though. I can get nearly the same sound out of my old Flextone II

I know his exact rute for AYDY?/Blooddrunk live era, but I'm not telling........

...kidding.
Okay get a HZ-H4 with MM-04 for AYDY and a SD blackout metal+Boss SD-1/HZ- H2 with MM-04 for Blooddrunk.

Rational amp signal splitter for Blooddrunk with one into 2203KK and the other into:

Samson Pro Powerbrite for power
Lee Jackson GP-1000 heavily modded and groove tubes -> effects return
Sansamp PSA 1 (preset 62/63 tweaked to liking) (1.1 for Blooddrunk)->mono (left output)
RSP (old rocktron) 2400 enhancer/limiter/exciter->left side output to mono input of ->
Rocktron Intellifex Online (USA version)->both outputs
VHT/Fryette 2/90/2 with all groove tubes ->
Marshall 1960 V30 Cabinet

Also a chorus pedal might be in effects loop of 2203KK

Forgot 2-3 units.

1. Shure Macard Diversity mk.2 Wireless Dual unit (Roope uses single unit and a more modern Shure unit for his Drop C tuned guitars.)
2. Shure wireless network unit (Alexi only, switches wirless units from PC)
3. Rocktron Hush Super C II (Alexi traded the RSP 2400 for it on Blooddrunk tour, Roope had both units in his rack).

Additional info. Extra Bass/lows comes from mods and the Sansamp mainly. Some frequencies towards mixing it all together and giving it all a boost comes from the RSP 2400. (More fluent and not so boomy and chrunchier highs).

Both Sansamp and a single channel VHT 2902 should be quite easy to make for TWCC, somebody should ask him. Haha!

thanks for replies.

i was thinking twcc should duplicate the rsp 2400 since those are impossible to find. kind of pointless making the sansamp since those are always on ebay. i assumed it was two amps playing simultaneously, i got kinda close using a buddy's amp. do u know what amp preset 62 is modelled after on sansamp? isnt after preset 50 user assignable? and i always thought bodom used the v30s but everything i saw said g12t. all pretty cool...

I got a RSP 2400, tied to buy one of those for 4-5 years just to see what it could do, really not worth much except when wanting a good mixed tone of AYDY? Once or twice a year one of them pops up on ebay, and sells pretty cheap. Like $100-200. Sansamp on the other hand is usually pretty expensive, but can always be bought for 3-400USD. ProTools got one built into its DAW. That's how good it is.

I also thought so about 2 years ago, but after seeing countless of pictures of Alexi/Roopes rigs, I came to the conclusion that the Sansamp was part of the rig, and that the wireless where split as today (one channel foi each tuning), and I tried it, and It sounds as AYDY? kind of, as close as I can at least. Haven't got a VHT anymore (sold it to buy a Jackson RR Custom) because I thought it was too sterile, so I used my ENGL E840/50 and Peavey 50/50 instead.
Alexi started using G12t at EU rigs a couple years ago, in the old days it was mainly G75T's, because they where easy to come by since they didn't bring any cabs. V30 is also a bit better on the bass/low side than any of the other celestions.

Sansamp preset 62 isn't modeled after anything, (only preset 1-49 is) as it is one of the custom presets and not that it matters much as it only purpose is to add some bass and crunchy gain as heard on AYDY? Sansamp has a lot of gainshaping controls (like 3-4).