The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Hello,

Could someone tell me another EU JRR24 for sale, because we couldn't make the agreement with Arystar's guy, sadly. He didn't accept the fact, that I would pay with Paypal. There's another Marktplaats seller but he doesn't answer to me...

I'm also thinking about a Jackson RRXMG BYB, at least I could try out how the Jackson flying Vs sound, before I finally get my RR24. Do you recommend that guitar? What do you think about it?

If you don't care about 24 frets and want a really good RR I have a Jackson Rhoads Pro from 1990 that I might sell, it's ferrari red with black bevels. It's a bit rough condition, but nothing that affects playability, frets and pickups are really good, got J-50B and J-50BC with TWCC JE-1000 clone (very good compared to original). 22 jumbo frets of course. This one is just as good as RR1's I've played and looks and plays just like them except the added bevels. Could also provide the JE-1200 it originally came with for free.

Only downside to the guitar is that it's got one chipped wing which I taped with electrics red electric tape to cover it up and the headstock and other wing are bumped/dinged flat from stage use over the years. It's a stage used guitar. Floyd rose is the same thing Alexi had in his custom Jacksons and it''s pretty much from the same era.

Price is very cheap €500 because of the damage and of course shipping and paypal. Can provide pictures of the guitar. Will be shipped in a ESP SV coffin as the old one got worn out a decade ago. The coffin alone is probably worth around €100.

Heres how it looks in original condition:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg231/dualemg81/craigslist/sold/rhoads01.jpg

Hello,

Could someone tell me another EU JRR24 for sale, because we couldn't make the agreement with Arystar's guy, sadly. He didn't accept the fact, that I would pay with Paypal. There's another Marktplaats seller but he doesn't answer to me...

I'm also thinking about a Jackson RRXMG BYB, at least I could try out how the Jackson flying Vs sound, before I finally get my RR24. Do you recommend that guitar? What do you think about it?

I've had experience with a RRXM they arent of the same quality, they arent bad, but they aint close to the RR24 AT ALL
please play one extensively before you buy one bcuz u might dissapoint urself :S

If you don't care about 24 frets and want a really good RR I have a Jackson Rhoads Pro from 1990 that I might sell, it's ferrari red with black bevels. It's a bit rough condition, but nothing that affects playability, frets and pickups are really good, got J-50B and J-50BC with TWCC JE-1000 clone (very good compared to original). 22 jumbo frets of course. This one is just as good as RR1's I've played and looks and plays just like them except the added bevels. Could also provide the JE-1200 it originally came with for free.

Only downside to the guitar is that it's got one chipped wing which I taped with electrics red electric tape to cover it up and the headstock and other wing are bumped/dinged flat from stage use over the years. It's a stage used guitar. Floyd rose is the same thing Alexi had in his custom Jacksons and it''s pretty much from the same era.

Price is very cheap €500 because of the damage and of course shipping and paypal. Can provide pictures of the guitar. Will be shipped in a ESP SV coffin as the old one got worn out a decade ago. The coffin alone is probably worth around €100.

Heres how it looks in original condition:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg231/dualemg81/craigslist/sold/rhoads01.jpg

pretty guitar, how it look in the current condition rune? :p

My exact problem is that, I have only 21 now and I would two octave fretboard. Also I think the shipping from the USA would be expensive, that's why I don't seek RR24s there (sad, as far as I saw I could get some from there on really good prices, if there wouldn't be shipping cost). The least reason, my "dream" guitar is an RR24 (or a JCS or a J2SP, but I think no one will sell one on or under 750€ :() But your guitar has promising characteristics.

Arystar: they have hte same type of original bridge pickups, right?.

Wow, watched some videos and there's a huge difference between the EMG81 and the J50BC :O

My exact problem is that, I have only 21 now and I would two octave fretboard. Also I think the shipping from the USA would be expensive, that's why I don't seek RR24s there (sad, as far as I saw I could get some from there on really good prices, if there wouldn't be shipping cost). The least reason, my "dream" guitar is an RR24 (or a JCS or a J2SP, but I think no one will sell one on or under 750€ :() But your guitar has promising characteristics.

Arystar: they have hte same type of original bridge pickups, right?.

Wow, watched some videos and there's a huge difference between the EMG81 and the J50BC :O

well the EMG81 is the stock pickup in bridge for both, but pickup isnt the only thing that determines sound u know, resonance of your wood shapes sound just aswell

but that aside, imo the RRXM feels cheap + im no fan of rosewood fretboards

Yay guys today I got an RR24 :oops:
Just...amazing:Spin:, also this is my first one which costs more than ~140€.
Now I see I have to learn a lot, first of all, how can I play on it while I'm sitting, I play the Strato one in the classic guitar sitting position (http://img.youtube.com/vi/QqEV8HFNOwg/0.jpg) so the position isn't new, but I really surprised that it isn't as easy as I excepted..

I still can't believe that this one is laying in my room :D:D:D

It's very easy, just rest it on your right leg. It's a mental thing. The neck is in a different angle, and you need to sit on the edge of your chair/bed. This is the men's guitar.

Thanks for the help. The string change will be a good trick to do (for me) too. I use 9' ones but I read once for double-locking the minimum is 10'. The guitar is now in B and has 12, but I prefer D ( the guitar is from the Necrosy's guitarist).
i also surprised on the size of the instrument, it's smaller compared to the picture and videos I saw about flyin-vs.

Thanks for the help. The string change will be a good trick to do (for me) too. I use 9' ones but I read once for double-locking the minimum is 10'. The guitar is now in B and has 12, but I prefer D ( the guitar is from the Necrosy's guitarist).
i also surprised on the size of the instrument, it's smaller compared to the picture and videos I saw about flyin-vs.

140 euro? HOLY SHIT that super cheap! i payed mine about 700 euros and thats the go-able price mostly...is something wrong with the one u bought? or just damn luck?

btw ...are u a pussy now?

I'm thinking of selling my RR24 maple. Prize recommendations? The inlays have coloured some of the wood and the volume knob screw is kinda loose, otherwise fresh. If someone wanna buy I can sign it...

I'm thinking of selling my RR24 maple. Prize recommendations? The inlays have coloured some of the wood and the volume knob screw is kinda loose, otherwise fresh. If someone wanna buy I can sign it...

pictures please, im always interested in an RR24m

Not the RR, that was 600 €, my Stagg strato copy (cheap belgian guitar:)) was around 140€.

Lol man :p don' take trolling seriously, but yeah I didn't modified my signature yet so true.. i'm also a pussy now :p

Hey! What kind of tremolo spring setup do you recommend for a soloish(?) alexi style playing? Now my Jackson has this kind of setup
Ti-blocked-300x205.jpg

Alexi's got them like this:
blacky_up.jpg

But, imo, it depends your strings, your springs, and your guitar...

yup

I need to have 3 strings in my RR24 but 4 in my LTD
It depends greatly on the tension of your springs.

also the alexi setup kinda makes it so u ahve to put alot of pressure to push down the whammy bar, yet its easier to rise, so tremelo dives are harder and rises are also easier, whilst most of his usage of the tremelo makes him dive fast and rise slowly

Man you robbed whoever sold it. The very definition of a steal. Nice :D

:D thanks, I have wanted one of these guitars for a very long time.

I will post a picture once I get it. I might change the pickups to Blackouts