The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Thanks, I've learnt how to tune it, by my self, but I don't have experience with the truss rod and the height change of the FR bridge so i decided to take it to my first guitar teacher, once he also made guitars and also set my Stagg for the first time.

The greeny with the black FR looks amazing, but still that skull makes it too fancy to me, in the ugly way, childish. I could understand why Alexi doesn't use it on tour etc., only for promotions (next to the fact, now he has a truck load of guitars) I suggest you to choose the black one instead of the gold in this case.

Anyway anyone knows how many RR24 were made altogether, 3-4-500? Were they made from 2007 to 2010 ?december?

If he was in B tuning on 12-60 strings you probably need to lower the bridge and tighten the tension on the truss rod so you have more bow in the neck. You are hearing buzz in the middle of the neck because the strings don't have enough tension to pull the neck and give it a little bow.

You probably have too much back bow.

gene_necks1-truss-rods.gif

Really hard to tell though without having it in person to touch, smell, see, and hear.

Some news, today I took my RR to my ex-teacher and it hadn't got a back-bow it had an up-bow, he checked it, also the truss rod was so loosed, it hadn't got any significant pull to the neck. We didn't raise the bridge, because it seems it has the right height.
He said, now it's straight, now it's sitting. Sadly it still has a major buzz at the 15th fret on the 6th string, but only there (and maybe some minor/little/ not-always-come-out buzzes around the 5th-7th frets on the 3th 4th strings).

6th string 15th fret - don't even bother man, that's total fine. I never even use those frets on the 6th string except for an occasional sweep, where buzzing doesn't matter.

Some news, today I took my RR to my ex-teacher and it hadn't got a back-bow it had an up-bow, he checked it, also the truss rod was so loosed, it hadn't got any significant pull to the neck. We didn't raise the bridge, because it seems it has the right height.
He said, now it's straight, now it's sitting. Sadly it still has a major buzz at the 15th fret on the 6th string, but only there (and maybe some minor/little/ not-always-come-out buzzes around the 5th-7th frets on the 3th 4th strings).

If it is still buzzing, you may need to raise the bridge up just a little bit. That should cure the little bit of buzzing that you are experiencing. At least he got the neck straight for you. Until he had done that it wouldn't have mattered what you adjusted....it just wouldn't have been right.

If you are fine with the buzz, leave it and just play, but I know I HATE string buzz. I would keep making small adjustments until the buzz went away. You should be able to get rid of the fret buzz.

I just tuned it up after the "sitting" and now it's clear that the 6th(from the 4th fret) and the 5th(from 5th fret) strings have low Hz buzz, when you can clearly hear the string touches something, (maybe the 4th string from around 7th fret too) the others are correct. Before the truss rod adjustment there were a lot of high Hz one, I mean same buzz when you don't pull down a fret right, now it's disappeared, so it's really a significant improvement. I just realised that I've heard only the 15th fret, because we tested it on an amp and that fret buzzes the loudest. By the way, now the 6th string lays up to the fretboard, no or small gap.

I hope it will change until tomorrow.

I just tuned it up after the "sitting" and now it's clear that the 6th(from the 4th fret) and the 5th(from 5th fret) strings have low Hz buzz, when you can clearly hear the string touches something, (maybe the 4th string from around 7th fret too) the others are correct. Before the truss rod adjustment there were a lot of high Hz one, I mean same buzz when you don't pull down a fret right, now it's disappeared, so it's really a significant improvement. I just realised that I've heard only the 15th fret, because we tested it on an amp and that fret buzzes the loudest. By the way, now the 6th string lays up to the fretboard, no or small gap.

I hope it will change until tomorrow.

its a process u will have to repeat or adjust multiple times to find the right setting.

after letting it sit for a while u could still have fretbuzz, thins like that dont get solved in 1 try. if it still buzes tomorrow you should try raising the bridge like 1mm or 2 mm, if it still buzzes ur neck might still not be ok..

think of it like tuning a floyd rose..its never perfect from the first tuning session

no thats not mine, but i believed that one was photoshopped, cause there was a picture of the Exact same guitar/picture angle with just yellow bevels.

this one is mine, excuse me for the crappy quality, its an old hurry phone picture btw. might do some quality ones sometime, hell who knows a group picture too ;)
IMG_3189.jpg

How high do you guys keep your strings? Also, how do you measure the string height? The most accurate way of measuring I have is a ruler, and that's not very accurate :D

Looks great, have you ordered it from JCS after Daniel didn't want to sell the original one to you?

How high do you guys keep your strings? Also, how do you measure the string height? The most accurate way of measuring I have is a ruler, and that's not very accurate :D

I think it mostly depends on your comfort, when could you easily pull down the strings while they're not buzzing.

mostly as low as it wont buzz on any fret in combination with if i pull the floyd rose backwards it almost start buzzing.

Looks great, have you ordered it from JCS after Daniel didn't want to sell the original one to you?

Selfmade ;) out of an RR24.
Removed the Imitation inlay, replaced it with Mother of pearl inlay, removed the black neckbinding, replaced that with white, repainted,
i have plans on redoing this one with another RR24. someday

Selfmade ;) out of an RR24.
Removed the Imitation inlay, replaced it with Mother of pearl inlay, removed the black neckbinding, replaced that with white, repainted,
i have plans on redoing this one with another RR24. someday

Wow:O Did you sand down the whole body or just the bevels? Did you made it from a BYB?
I think you're probably working as a guitar constructor, maker.
What about that headstock? As I see that's not original RR24 one.

hahah, tnx for the compliment but no im no guitar maker/constructor,im an motorcycle mechanic lol, but offduty, just an hobbiest, ive indeed sanded the Entire guitar down to dust. it was an Black red beveld one
headstock is stock RR24.

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

Now that's a real custom work , you could be proud of yourself!

Btw, does anyone know, how Alexi got the original and who ordered it, and why has it damaged so badly?

Now that's a real custom work , you could be proud of yourself!

Btw, does anyone know, how Alexi got the original and who ordered it, and why has it damaged so badly?

alexi bought it at musamaailma (if i spoke that right, its the famous finnish guitar store where alexi always went) perhaps they orderd it for alexi,
how it got damaged so badly is because they always pushed sigarets out on it and throw it arround all the time, just litterally throwing with it,