The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

neck-angle.jpg
for example

You guys seem to be complaining that you can't get one of them (tilted necks) anymore. There's a difference? I have a Epiphone Les Paul with a tilted neck but haven't played it really in years so my memory on the feel of it ain't exactly fresh. It also had a shorter scale than my SV so that'd make it feel different too.

Yeah I am not too big on the new Jacksons either. I just bought an ESP horizon last month that I am getting the pickups swapped out on. One day I would like an Ibanez Jem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxkUL-X093c

At 2:52. Which one did he think?

All three were custom made, and all three had J-50BC and JE-1000 built into them. He got the stone first back in 1997/98 (the black one with white pinstripes), maybe he ment that one. It was most frequently used in the early Bodom era 1998-2001. After that it was all about the wildchild for a couple of years....

Also the frets he was talking about is stainless steel frets. They bend a tiny bit better and last a lifetime. (but sadly they also are a microscopic bit more treblier).

Thanks for translating ESA. I am guessing it is Daniel Freyburg and that it will be announced when the first music video is released.

So the Green Jackson RR will unite with Bodom once more? :Spin:

On the bright side, that would indeed bring back the Jackson...

That would be great but ESP is not going to let that happen. Something tells me whoever ends up playing guitar in COB is unfortunately stuck having to play ESPs.

Jackson hasn't been very good since it was bought by Fender IMO

It's more hit and miss now days- I've played an old 89 Jackson and it was definitely better than the stuff they're releasing now; however the Jackson I own now plays and feels great and has been beat up but still works fine. I also tried a $750 Dinky a few years ago at a guitar store and it played/ sounded just as good as a $2000 Ibanez I have so it really comes down to the guitar.

That's the thing with the mid ranged priced ESP/Jackson/Epiphone guitars- most of them aren't that great because they're mass produced but occasionally you can find one that really kicks ass.

I meant only to the Green one, Alexi and Henkka, probably won't drop their signatures (btw it was just a humorous remark from me,but yeah sadly the ESP would takeover, although DF has his custom guitars, maybe he wouldn't want to lay down them, so he will refuse the contract or idk)

Yeah, they can't renew their supply that's why the others overtake Jackson's leadership, but I think we cannot really complain because most of us have an RR24, which was a really good and quality series imo, so not every modern Jackson is bad. ;)

I miss Ensi or whatever that crazy motherfucker's name was- I still remember when he got a Jackson Stars and wasn't playing the greatest so all the jealous people wanted to crucify him saying he didn't deserve it bahaha

Ensi is going to school I think, but he still does some youtube covers. Now mitch hadn't been here in forever and he's not even doing any youtube stuff and he still have his Jackson Stars. Sometimes people just collect stuff even if they dont use it at all.

Jackson stars guitar aren't that great, they have a thinner neck, but other than that thei are just prettier versions of the Jackson Pro series. Nothing close to Jackson Custom or ESP standard series at all. i used to own one so I know.

I just transferred this posts without any intent, because this freedom is good, but it could also make difficult to search back.

I saw another guitar posts somewhere, but I just forgot where:erk:

X-posting this from my reddit thread, but I figure you gear heads might be able to chip in!

Hey Shreddit, I am looking for some guitars I should check out at a roughly $1000 budget....
Several weeks ago I bought an ESP Horizon Fr II at a great price, but I just wasn't "feeling" the guitar so I re-sold it. This is strange because my primary guitar is an ESP LTD MH 1000 Deluxe...
So...now I am looking to use the funds from selling the Horizon to buy a new (or used) geetar!
I have a couple of options on my radar at the moment:
1) Getting a custom made Carvin DC 600 http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/dc600
This will probably go a little over budget, and I like the idea of choosing the aesthetics, but at the same time, I do not know about woods / and such that will give me the guitar I want sonically.
2) Chapman ML 1 or ML 1 BEA sig http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk/guitars/ml-1/ http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk/guitars/ml-1-bea/
I play mostly metal (thrash or melodic death), but also like playing leads and stuff like Vai, Greg Howe, and other dreamy shredders... So I would like a guitar capable of both.
One caveat, I have always wanted a floyd rose for the tricks, but it seems each guitar I have ever played with a floyd haven't sounded as good as its fixed tremolos brethren. This makes me want to avoid it, but I do not know if I just didn't have a well setup guitar or maybe there were old strings that caused this dull problem.
Anyways, I'm open to any and all suggestions.
If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/3dp6eg/gear_guitar_recommendations_for_around_1000/

X-posting this from my reddit thread, but I figure you gear heads might be able to chip in!

Hey Shreddit, I am looking for some guitars I should check out at a roughly $1000 budget....
Several weeks ago I bought an ESP Horizon Fr II at a great price, but I just wasn't "feeling" the guitar so I re-sold it. This is strange because my primary guitar is an ESP LTD MH 1000 Deluxe...
So...now I am looking to use the funds from selling the Horizon to buy a new (or used) geetar!
I have a couple of options on my radar at the moment:
1) Getting a custom made Carvin DC 600 http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/dc600
This will probably go a little over budget, and I like the idea of choosing the aesthetics, but at the same time, I do not know about woods / and such that will give me the guitar I want sonically.
2) Chapman ML 1 or ML 1 BEA sig http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk/guitars/ml-1/ http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk/guitars/ml-1-bea/
I play mostly metal (thrash or melodic death), but also like playing leads and stuff like Vai, Greg Howe, and other dreamy shredders... So I would like a guitar capable of both.
One caveat, I have always wanted a floyd rose for the tricks, but it seems each guitar I have ever played with a floyd haven't sounded as good as its fixed tremolos brethren. This makes me want to avoid it, but I do not know if I just didn't have a well setup guitar or maybe there were old strings that caused this dull problem.
Anyways, I'm open to any and all suggestions.
If you made it this far, thanks for reading!
Dude, what didn't you like about the Horizon?? well sucks it didn't work out anyways. All of those look real nice, but to avoid the same that happened with the horizon you should probs try before you buy, iow, walk into a shop and just pick something you like.
For the tone thing, the first thing that comes to mind is that you can't do unison bends clean with a floyd as you can with a fixed bridge. Other than that I dunno.

Says the guy with his gear specifications in his signature.
2ez.

You didn't like the Horrizon FR II ? :O That's the best guitar I've ever tried; and having worked in a music shop allowed me to try hundreds of them! I would definitly buy one now if I had money; unfortunatly; when I could have afforded it I went for the Edwards e-al-128 (which I now regret).

I had the Horizon for a couple weeks... It just wasn't "the one."

Tonally, my LTD had much more balls and clarity. On the bright side, I made $200 on the sale.

I had the Horizon for a couple weeks... It just wasn't "the one."

Tonally, my LTD had much more balls and clarity. On the bright side, I made $200 on the sale.

I know what you mean. No wonder you netted on it since you got it dirt cheap. I personally don't care anymore which manufacturer made the guitar, what product series the guitar is a part of or about any other supposed qualities that the company claims. I just try it in person. Sure custom shop stuff by a skilled luthier is top of the line stuff 99% of the time, so certain principles do apply.

Yeah, on the bright side, I get the "Christmas morning" feeling of buying a guitar again soon :D