The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I had the Horizon for a couple weeks... It just wasn't "the one."

Tonally, my LTD had much more balls and clarity. On the bright side, I made $200 on the sale.

I had the Horizon FR II (with EMG's) too and I sold it, liked it but I much prefer Ibanez. Currently have the Ibanez Iron Label 2014, like it a lot more. Not a huge fan of painted necks like the ESP had.

The schecter I was looking at was a little too busy with all these extra features I wasn't going to use, also I missed bidding on the one I could've got a good deal on.

And to each his own Arystar :lol:

I've made my language exam last weekend so finally I have time to set my RR, so yeah.. I should raise the FR, but how exactly, because someone said I should dissemble the bridge another one said I should only loosen the strings and the third one said just adjust the height, without loosen the strings or anything else and also the official site said nothing more about it :https://www.floydrose.com/support/tech-support/string-tuning-instructions

Could you help me, which way should I do it?

look here is how I do mine ALWAYS:

1. Loosen the locking nut bolts (3 on the headstocks/neck)

2. Tune your strings to the desired tuning, the trick is to tune the strings in this order; Low E -> A-> high e -> B - > D-> G or numerally, string 6 -> 5-> 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 3. this will have better results and requires less times doing it.
if the trick makes no sense to you just tune them starting the low E first.

3. If the strings arent in tune yet keep repeating step 2

4.check if your floyd, thus the entire system is level with the guitar body, If it is skip to step 6

5. adjust the springs in the back of your guitar until the floyd is level with the body, then go back to step 2

6. IF your strings give buzz , try hightening your floyd bridge by turning the pivot stud screws. do about a quarter of a turn on each one. go back to step 2. if no buzz was heard, just continu to step 7

these are the pivot stud screws
6DGRd4I.png

7. Lock your nut and retune your guitar, you will have to retune many time and when its done let it set for about 2 hours, then retune and play it, after that retune again and it should be fine and stay in tune for a long time

hope it helped

If you want to tune slightly faster, if possible tighten/loosen the springs to adjust the tuning, and in general make smaller increments in tuning, a 1/4 at a time. Meaning, 1/4 adjustment, turn springs, repeat process until system level with the body and in-tune.

If you want no problems at all - lock the fucking tremolo up :kickass::D
I did :kickass:

And has double the sustain due to better string to wood sound transfer!
vubToIl.png

I think the tone gets better too, but that I'm not too sure about.

Yeah, I've sold every guitar with a floyd rose I have ever bought (4 - 6)... I do think it makes a big difference in the tone.

I bought a Caparison C2 for $950 and its coming Wednesday, like Christmas morning.

Yeah, I've sold every guitar with a floyd rose I have ever bought (4 - 6)... I do think it makes a big difference in the tone.

I bought a Caparison C2 for $950 and its coming Wednesday, like Christmas morning.

but that has a floyd too? Really nice looking guitar btw, hopefully plays just as nice.

If you're not going to use the floyd for what it is supposed to be used for, why not buy a guitar with string-thru bridge? Or TOM hardtail?

I really want a guitar with a Floyd rose that doesn't compromise the tone because I like what you can do with tremolo systems.
My other guitar is a string-thru which I can always use for rhythms.

I was thinking about an Ibanez, but got so sick of looking at the stupid high amount of models they offer and saw that Caparison is also made in Japan. Michael Romeo is probably the most notable guitarist who plays them.

look here is how I do mine ALWAYS:

1. Loosen the locking nut bolts (3 on the headstocks/neck)

2. Tune your strings to the desired tuning, the trick is to tune the strings in this order; Low E -> A-> high e -> B - > D-> G or numerally, string 6 -> 5-> 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 3. this will have better results and requires less times doing it.
if the trick makes no sense to you just tune them starting the low E first.

3. If the strings arent in tune yet keep repeating step 2

4.check if your floyd, thus the entire system is level with the guitar body, If it is skip to step 6

5. adjust the springs in the back of your guitar until the floyd is level with the body, then go back to step 2

6. IF your strings give buzz , try hightening your floyd bridge by turning the pivot stud screws. do about a quarter of a turn on each one. go back to step 2. if no buzz was heard, just continu to step 7

these are the pivot stud screws
6DGRd4I.png

7. Lock your nut and retune your guitar, you will have to retune many time and when its done let it set for about 2 hours, then retune and play it, after that retune again and it should be fine and stay in tune for a long time

hope it helped

Sounds hard. The way I do it...

1. Turn the screws on the sides of the Floyd to lift or lower it.

2. You're done.

It doesn't even go out of tune this way, nor have I destroyed the blocks that keep the strings in place. If the strings get a lot more tension when you lift it, this is a risk, but my tuning never changes when I lift or lower the Floyd. Never needed to adjust the springs either, after doing this. I usually turn the screws in quarter or half spins.