The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

alexi bought it at musamaailma (if i spoke that right, its the famous finnish guitar store where alexi always went) perhaps they orderd it for alexi,
how it got damaged so badly is because they always pushed sigarets out on it and throw it arround all the time, just litterally throwing with it,

Wow, and is that true? Also why didn't he treat the other two like that, if he treated the green one so badly? The "reckless" era of Alexi?

pretty much the reckless era yes, have you seen his ESP Arrowhead. its all beaten up aswell. somehow its 80's badass ? his wildchild jackson was all beaten up aswell btw!

some stories passed by that the green pinstriped one belonged to roope wich is not true.
the Green pinstripe jackson was orderd later than the Wildchild and stone jacksons. also it had a recessed floydrose cavity instead of the NON recessed floating bridges on the Wildchild and Stone, (those 2 had tilted necks) where the Green one was all straight like the RR24 for example( and all jackson guitars nowdays too btw)

i wonder if jackson will do an Tilted neck on Custom shop nowdays?

the Green pinstripe jackson was orderd later than the Wildchild and stone jacksons. also it had a recessed floydrose cavity instead of the NON recessed floating bridges on the Wildchild and Stone, (those 2 had tilted necks) where the Green one was all straight like the RR24 for example( and all jackson guitars nowdays too btw)

i wonder if jackson will do an Tilted neck on Custom shop nowdays?

what u mean with recessed Floyd Rose?

what u mean with recessed Floyd Rose?

non-recessed
nonrecessedfloyd.jpg

recessed
664_3.jpg

alexi bought it at musamaailma (if i spoke that right, its the famous finnish guitar store where alexi always went) perhaps they orderd it for alexi.

You sure about that? I've been to Musamaailma and IIRC they only have ESP/LTD guitars there. F-Musiikki has Jacksons, Gibsons and Fenders.

Also, never knew the place was famous. Strange feeling. Of course it's not a real sightseeing thing or anything but I'm having a VERY mild version of "I saw the Eiffel Tower and didn't know it was famous" feeling. :D

You sure about that? I've been to Musamaailma and IIRC they only have ESP/LTD guitars there. F-Musiikki has Jacksons, Gibsons and Fenders.

Also, never knew the place was famous. Strange feeling. Of course it's not a real sightseeing thing or anything but I'm having a VERY mild version of "I saw the Eiffel Tower and didn't know it was famous" feeling. :D

But ESA, I see that they now only have Esp-Ltd, but Alexi bought his Jackson back in 1997, 1999 around the millenium, when Esp wasn't so famous.

Yeah, if I recall correctly Musamaailma was the official Jackson retailer in Finland in the dark 90's. I'm not 100% sure tho.

with Non Recessed floydrose you can still pull the floyd rose backwards. maby not as far as an Recessed cavity but you can still pull it back. alexi Did it all the time with his jacksons and so can i with my wildchild replica ;)

and yes indeed ESP is selling better. mostly because 70% of COB fans/alexi fans nowdays never knew alexi playd jackson (if we are speaking of his guitars than) in general i dont know.
on the otherhand. ESP has way nicer models now than jackson atm. if jackson was going back to the roots with the 80/90's style RR's i would be selling my edwards guitars for sure !

what i ment was ESP is bringing new models. were jackson is sticking to pretty much the same, in a more modern coat. hard for me to discribe, its just not that Special Jackson era anymore that they used to had before Fender took over.
you wont see jackson making an Tilted neck RR with 24 frets, its either the RR24 now with 2 pickups or with a front plate on it :p .

i dont know maby its just personal aswell.as a mather of taste

what i ment was ESP is bringing new models. were jackson is sticking to pretty much the same, in a more modern coat. hard for me to discribe, its just not that Special Jackson era anymore that they used to had before Fender took over.
you wont see jackson making an Tilted neck RR with 24 frets, its either the RR24 now with 2 pickups or with a front plate on it :p .

i dont know maby its just personal aswell.as a mather of taste

I like ESP more too, but don't really know why. Perhaps because I have an ESP :D Was just curious what was your reason.

Jackson USA stuff is nice, but nobody, and I mean nobody orders them anymore. The last USA Jackson I saw in a store was 6 years ago and it was a used Dave Mustaine signature model, probably from the 90's. I live in the US too, so it's not a logistical issue. I've had a couple of recent import Jackson's in my hands since they shut down the Japan factory, and they all sucked. I'm not an MiJ elitist either. Japan makes nice guitars, but they were once considered "low end" like people assume Korean and Indo guitars are now, which is silly. Every Korean LTD or Indo Ibanez I've had played great, so I can only assume that there were some QC issues with the ones I played.

And I agree with the guy above about Jackson being slow in the design sector. Everything is just old models with different paint jobs, usually shitty quilts. The Misha Mansoor sig is about the only thing interesting they've put out recently since the Dominion.

3500 Euro's lol, i know about that guitar, i remember jackson doing complete CS's for that kind of money

No tilted neck, recessed floyd rose and those shitty inlays....

To make a complete 88-90 stone/bodom replica Jackson from Jackson you would need a masterbuild and with those special specs and paintjob it would be €4500-5000 and of course shipping and customs. Not worth it anymore.... Even if you could devide it into several payments, which you can (you pay 40% up front) and the rest when it is done about 2 years later..... Still some shops could take away most of the customs stuff for you so it would only be about €4700 in total... Still way to expenisve, and only ment for pro players....