The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I've found a INTELLIFEX ROCKTRON on-line for 350 € ; Too much, no? How much can I ask for it?
And a Rocktron velocity 250 made in USA for 150 € ? Just asking :lol: I don't think I'm going to buy it but I want to know.

NO!! Nobody knows and nobody cares(except for you)

We adjust our amps to the tones we like, so I suggest you do the same. Adjust them to how you like it. Simple as that. Settings can vary greatly depending on room size, wall thickness and type, etc.....too many variable to account for.

Just get a tone you like and be done with it already. I don't understand why you care so much about Alexi's settings from like 10 years ago.

I've found a INTELLIFEX ROCKTRON on-line for 350 € ; Too much, no? How much can I ask for it?
And a Rocktron velocity 250 made in USA for 150 € ? Just asking :lol: I don't think I'm going to buy it but I want to know.

Waaaay to much! I bought two for 100$ per unit. I have the blackface and the online one, both are good in different ways. Do not buy a intellifex for more than 150$ because it's not worth it, then you could just go buy a eventide or a g-major 2 instead, which are far superior.

The velocity one is a barging, go ahead!

And no nobody knows the settings. But the velocity is a quite trebley one, so it might be good to have the presence on low. (own the 300).

NO!! Nobody knows and nobody cares(except for you)

We adjust our amps to the tones we like, so I suggest you do the same. Adjust them to how you like it. Simple as that. Settings can vary greatly depending on room size, wall thickness and type, etc.....too many variable to account for.

Just get a tone you like and be done with it already. I don't understand why you care so much about Alexi's settings from like 10 years ago.

I guess he doesn't know shit about guitar playing or tone for that matter. He doesn't even know what he likes himself, so he wants exactly the same equipment and settings as Alexi, because "if Alexi had it, it must be awsum!"

I just don't understand the point of buying Alexi-guitar, Alexi-amps and Alexi clothes, and trying to be just like him. You will never sound like him, even with the same equipment and intense training, and even if you did, who would care? Why would I listen to some italian Alexi-impersonator faggot when I can just listen to Alexi himself? At your best, you may become a "youtube-celebrity" or shit like that, but yeah... quite useless, no one gives a shit in a long run. When I started to play guitar, I wanted to become a guitar hero myself, not a clone of someone else. Who can be proud of that anyway, unless you're 13-15 years old?

I guess he doesn't know shit about guitar playing or tone for that matter. He doesn't even know what he likes himself, so he wants exactly the same equipment and settings as Alexi, because "if Alexi had it, it must be awsum!"

I just don't understand the point of buying Alexi-guitar, Alexi-amps and Alexi clothes, and trying to be just like him. You will never sound like him, even with the same equipment and intense training, and even if you did, who would care? Why would I listen to some italian Alexi-impersonator faggot when I can just listen to Alexi himself? At your best, you may become a "youtube-celebrity" or shit like that, but yeah... quite useless, no one gives a shit in a long run. When I started to play guitar, I wanted to become a guitar hero myself, not a clone of someone else. Who can be proud of that anyway, unless you're 13-15 years old?

Alexi copied Roope's and Zakk's style with a twist of Steve Vai. Yes, even guitars and amps, clothes, hair, their playing style and everything. So yes it works :p Try to become a guitarist without any influences! :lol:
Alexi is the biggest copycat you can find!

At what point? His playing style has changed quite a lot since SW. I've always heard a lot of different influences, like Jake E. Lee, Yngwie, Roope, Wylde and Vai among others, I've never thought he sounded just like someone else. Same with the looks, which also have changed a lot. And yes, I wasn't talking about influences, I was talking about straight up copying.

At what point? His playing style has changed quite a lot since SW. I've always heard a lot of different influences, like Jake E. Lee, Yngwie, Roope, Wylde and Vai among others, I've never thought he sounded just like someone else. Same with the looks, which also have changed a lot. And yes, I wasn't talking about influences, I was talking about straight up copying.

Yeah as you said, his style changed a lot but only since he recorded/released a real album (and he was 18). So let's him got lots influences of Alexi but I hope when he'll be able to produce a good thing, after that, he'll change his style for his own. Maybe it's better to have a good point of start and only change after that.. ?

(But by the way I agree with you but I can understand the other sightside 'cause I'm also under that copying way myself... :rolleyes: hope it was understable :D)

EDIT: And when you buy the same the suff of Alexi's gear, if you haven't much money, you get a minimal insurance that what you'll buy will sound good. Maybe not so good like Alexi's but you won't get a shitty poor sound, you know?

If someone wants to know the difference between VHT power amp here is a sample:

" The 2 amps are very different in their design.
The 2502 is the most versatile 2, with lamps fairly neutral, but "sing" Well, the EL34. It is also switchable Class A / AB.
The 2902 is designed for those who make a saturated from the preamp, the power amp only adding dynamics (circle in this case). The 2902 is primarily dedicated to all styles using a high level of saturation (Metal. ..) "

Waaaay to much! I bought two for 100$ per unit. I have the blackface and the online one, both are good in different ways. Do not buy a intellifex for more than 150$ because it's not worth it, then you could just go buy a eventide or a g-major 2 instead, which are far superior.

The velocity one is a barging, go ahead!

And no nobody knows the settings. But the velocity is a quite trebley one, so it might be good to have the presence on low. (own the 300).

The guy is ok to put down the price of the Rocktron Intellifex for 200 €. What do you think?

No...in that video I don't believe Alexi used any of his own gear. It is all gear provided by Rockhouse for him to use.

srob, if you look back alexi, theres on rack with his gp-1000 preamp, an unknown power amp and wireless unit, but in his sound theres a bit of chorus, i think...