The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

The velocity 250 have two adjustable knobs for the sound, while the Sp-1000 is a one sound poweramp with only a volume knob per channel. But it also have an extra gain stage built in which gives it more overdrive.

Since the Peavey 50 50 have tubes it's the best choice!

All I will say is that EL84's do NOT sound like EL34's.

84's break up ALOT faster and are not as puncy and clear as 34's, but the difference IS very minimal. 84 tubes are cheaper to buy when you do need to replace them. Most amps with 84's are more voiced for vintage or blues tones. Only higer gain amp I know of with EL84's is the Carvin V3 micro.

Carvin makes some pretty cheap and well built power amps. I would check into that, just not sure how much they are in Europe as they are made in the USA.

Okey they're not as trebley and they've got a tiny bit less sustain, but other than that it's the fucking same. KT-77 or 66 or 6l6's are way different (used in VHT 90/90 and ENGL e840/50)

Italian Bodom, read the 4 first pages of this thread, it should be in one of them.

in this video what power amp use alexi?? VHT??..and the intellifex is a blackface model or xl model?? thkss:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Italian, why don't you get an SP-1000?
It's the perfect match to the GP-1000 preamp. Check Alexi's sound on tokyo wharhearts ;)

You need the right gp-1000 model with the right tubes and gain modded or Else the sp-1000 will sound trebley and unlike the tokyo warhearts sound. The intellifex model is the online one and it's the only one he's been useing, all other info is BS, but the XL is actually better.

This kind of information is I think hard to give.
If Wharheart isn't 100% sure that he used a V300 then maybe he used something else (like the V250).
But I doubt anybody can know for sure.

Watch the video on Alexi documentary on youtube, there he uses: GP-1000, Intellifex Online, and Velocity 250. Same goes for many of the early tours before 1999 when he got the SP-1000 poweramp.
I have pictures of this but nowhere to upload.

Warheart is full of shit and doesn't know half of what he used, I only trust pictures and videos.

thanks Rune. between sp-1000 and rocktron v250 what is the best?...however the correctsetting of gp 1000 is:

Volume=full, Distortion= full and pulled, Treeble= full and pulled, Middle=Between 8 o'clock and 11 o'clock, Midshift= 3, Bass= Between 8 o'clock and 9 o'clock and the master 2 is set between 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock!

That's the settings from the Reap and roll rehearsal video, but you have to remember that the video was shot about the same time as Tuska 2003 and definitely before Thrashed Lost and Strungout EP DVD. Alexi has not gainbooster in his guitar and is probably using either his Peavey 50 50 or ENGL 840/50 with a Boss SD-1 for boost (as on Tuska 2003).

I own both the SP-1000 and Velocity 300 (couldn't find 250) and I own a VHT 50/50 (alexi's and roopes are 90/90's)
and well the SP-1000 only works on high volumes (damn well thought), the velocity is too damn loud and is quite trebly unless on the lowest settings, and the VHT when used in 60 watt mode with KT-77 will sound as Alexi's VHT 90/90 on half mode (which he used to set it to according to the Alexi and Roope rack thread pictures).