The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Sorry for the doublepost but here ya go guys, Henkka, Alexi and Roopes new racks ;) Enough of the speculations :p
Monsterpower pro 3500
Audiotech Source Selector 1X6 (midiswitch
Sennheiser EW572 x2
Ampeg SVT-4 PRO (Henkka)
TC Electronics G-Force (Roope)
ENGL e530 x 2
Fryette 2:90:2 x2 (same as VHT)

So now you know how to get the bodom sound and what to dial in, cause you could see most of the settings when zooming.
Oh and Alexi's got the effects he need from the mixing-board obviously and the guitar-techs helps with the wah's and switching.

Henkka & Alexi
COB-Rack1.jpg

Roope
COB-Rack4.jpg

Ok,it is quite obvious that you have to unplug the unit and remove the valves heheheh :p
They run on 220V and 227 on the first valve 290 and 300 in the second and a surprisingly akward 385v i the third which is impossible I think.... the 12AX7 is rated at 300V for anode plate voltage so....I haven't figured out yet ... it HAS a bypass capacitor in the plate so I might give a chance to the schematic...
Also,I have a JE-1000 kit,I'll post photos later,but I don't know how much gain it hads so I really don't know how it sounds paired with the GP-1000.
Anyways mods aren't difficult and he GP-1000 is a very simple thing....you can see for yourself online if you google it's guts ;) And Rune,don't worry with the capacitors....there aren't magic capacitors.... any decente quality FILM cap is good as long as it is rated for the thing :)
And if you want to discharge nasty HV aps just use a 1K 5W resistor and it will discharge,therwise leave the unit unplugged for a couple of mins.

cant i already achieve a smoother treble and bigger mids in the gp1000 with the use of a good eq pedal?

cant i already achieve a smoother treble and bigger mids in the gp1000 with the use of a good eq pedal?

You can not get rid of the overly trebly disortion, even with EQ, but you'll get more mids and bass if you want. You'll need to modify to get more and smoother distortion.

Modified Lee Jackson GP-1000 > Engl e530 any day of the week!

Never tried either one so cant say for sure. I just assume that an ENGL would beat the shit out of an 80s Lee Jackson pre amp. In power, in gain and in clarity and whatsoever

but I am not even a big fan of rack systems anyways, just commenting my opinions and toughts :D

i got 2 questions: first: if i wanted to split a channel of a pre amp (2º high gain of gp1000) to a power amp in order to use both channels of it, how can i do it without having to buy the intelifex online?

and my 2º question is: is the rocktron velocity made in usa much better than the made in china one, even soundwise?

because im about to buy a power amp but im choosing between a 2º hand rocktron velocity 100 made in usa or a brand new (and much more expensive) velocity 300 made in china, an my problem is besides the price the fact that i can only use one channel in the vel. 100, which in 8ohms its only 44w solid state, which i guess its not enough to play live (my other guitarrist has a 120w valve amp head and a 4x12..) so because of being not enough i look forced to buy the 300w... but the 300w not only its much much more expensive but also its made in china and i think that sucks.... whats your opinion guys? what should i do?

thanks!!

lol, one over treble-y tone versus an amp that can replicate it and more. Sure man.

So what you are saying is that you don't like bodom for their guitarsound?
I do got the e570 and even that one can't perfect the mid sound from the gp-1000. It gets a little bit closer than the e530 and it's midi, so why Alexi don't use it is just idiotic!

And yeah, I'll try to post som pictures and possibly video/soundclips if I get the chance.

i got 2 questions: first: if i wanted to split a channel of a pre amp (2º high gain of gp1000) to a power amp in order to use both channels of it, how can i do it without having to buy the intelifex online?

and my 2º question is: is the rocktron velocity made in usa much better than the made in china one, even soundwise?

because im about to buy a power amp but im choosing between a 2º hand rocktron velocity 100 made in usa or a brand new (and much more expensive) velocity 300 made in china, an my problem is besides the price the fact that i can only use one channel in the vel. 100, which in 8ohms its only 44w solid state, which i guess its not enough to play live (my other guitarrist has a 120w valve amp head and a 4x12..) so because of being not enough i look forced to buy the 300w... but the 300w not only its much much more expensive but also its made in china and i think that sucks.... whats your opinion guys? what should i do?

thanks!!

You could buy a a/b controller or a regular ampswitch to spilt the signal. Also, most delay and chorus pedals splits the signal.

2nd I don't know soundwise, but quailitywise the old US ones must be better , because my china velocity 300 got one channel blown after 1 1/2 year as home practice amp.
The velocity 100 is an one sound poweramp with only volume controles per channel.
You better youtube or test it before buying!

guys there is a GP1000 on ebay Bidding started from 300$ and BIN is 450 ;) just thought to share it in case any bodom fan is planing to get one ;)

You could buy a a/b controller or a regular ampswitch to spilt the signal. Also, most delay and chorus pedals splits the signal.

2nd I don't know soundwise, but quailitywise the old US ones must be better , because my china velocity 300 got one channel blown after 1 1/2 year as home practice amp.
The velocity 100 is an one sound poweramp with only volume controles per channel.
You better youtube or test it before buying!

hmm ok. but rune what would you choose to buy? the vel. 100 or 300? what would give me better "cob" sound, the 100 usa or the 300 made in china?

and about splitting the channel, something like this -> http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/...ABY-AB-Y-Schalter-A-B-A-B-/art-GIT0000188-000 will perfectly work right? just put the jack of the gp1000 in the middle than 2 cables from A and B to power amp channels and switch to A+B, right?

thanks