The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Got another real JE-1000 today, $50 including shipping. Now that is #3 I own. Ha-ha!

Huh, apparently Jacksons RRXMG comes in a black w/ white pinstripe design
BiuAuteCMAA0H9z.jpg:large

Honestly those guitars look more appealing than ESPs signature models. Well except the Rosewood fretboard

Jackson finally doing it kinda right. Price tag is....yeah, the regular CS with MOP and tilted neck would be just as expensive but it would take an extra year to make it. This one will be in stock from time to time all over the US, so easy acess. RRXMG models are nice looking, but the woods and price there too is kind of "meh".

5000 is retail price, but yeah they will sell for 3000 at some stores. might buy one in the future if it has non-recessed floyd rose. Hope there is a 80's style neck tilt too. ESP and RR24s models is severly lacking in that department.

for those with a gp 1000, if u add an led on the resistors in the gainstages you get some more gain/distortion. i added a red led on r1(very slight difference, just some assymetrical clipping for different distortion) and a blue led on r3(huge increase in volume/gain and some more distortion)tone is very reminiscent of aydy.

for those with a gp 1000, if u add an led on the resistors in the gainstages you get some more gain/distortion. i added a red led on r1(very slight difference, just some assymetrical clipping for different distortion) and a blue led on r3(huge increase in volume/gain and some more distortion)tone is very reminiscent of aydy.

Some LEDs would hardly do it and reminiscent is the key word in that post, believe me.

Installed a Jackson j50-BC & a clone JE1000 into my RR24- was wondering though is the pickup ment to be extremely weak without the gain boost on? Or is it faulty? I checked to db of the pickup and it seemed alright. With gainboost on is very noisy which is to be expected- still changing my tone to suit the new setup.

If you're used to EMG 81s and orher active mics a old passive paf style mic would sound super weak without a boost. Booster gives it more output than active mics.

Alright so do I have a faulty Jackson J50-BC or JE1000 gain boost clone? When I play the higher strings I can hardly hear the notes & i'm getting hardly any harmonics out of it and the wah effect only seems to be on the lower strings which make it sound like shit. When I turn the gain boost off even with distortion it sounds like a clean tone. On top of that no matter what there is way too much feedback even with a clean tone and the gain boost off.

Probably the pickup,what je do you have? Imho the j50bc is a wild goose chase, to hard to find one that really sounds good and in good condition