The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Mostly ESP is inferior to Jackson and Gibson, and this is from a guy who owns all the brands.

Mostly ESP is inferior to Jackson and Gibson, and this is from a guy who owns all the brands.

Disagree, I bought a USA Jackson Soloist thinking I would love it and sell my ESP, but it was the other way around and I sold the soloist

The few times I played a Gibson I felt the quality. No buzz or anything. The guitar just did what I wanted it to do. I have an alexi-600 which I want to sell because I don't like it anymore. But I don't think an LTD can compare to an ESP, so I guess I have to head to a music store and try them out. My Jackson RR24 is almost perfect, but I have to live with some buzz to get the action low. Also I really need to swap out the active EMG. When you play quality guitars through quality amps the active EMG really sucks.

It's really more about just finding that right guitar. Made from the right piece of wood. Feels right in your hand.

In general, I think string-thru guitars are much better tonally than any floyd rose I've played. I would love to have the floyd for the whammy bar, but the tone compromise was never worth it

I personally love Floyd Rose bridges, cause u have more place for your hand if u do Palm Mutes.

I got an '14 Jackson Soloist slx, and Ibanez GRG270BKN

Stay away from recent year Gibsons and you're good. If you're able to get one, I'd go for Gibson Les Paul Axcess (one of the limited ed. models with ebony board).

shit what's wrong with the newer ones? I'm looking at the 2015 studio in desert burst. It's a pretty sweet finish for the price I think. From youtube apparently it looks, sounds, and feels great.

The few times I played a Gibson I felt the quality. No buzz or anything. The guitar just did what I wanted it to do. I have an alexi-600 which I want to sell because I don't like it anymore. But I don't think an LTD can compare to an ESP, so I guess I have to head to a music store and try them out. My Jackson RR24 is almost perfect, but I have to live with some buzz to get the action low. Also I really need to swap out the active EMG. When you play quality guitars through quality amps the active EMG really sucks.

Got the J50-BC/JE1k combo in my RR24 and its the best guitar i've ever felt below 2000 euro's, the only guitar I've ever held that felt better was an
ESP CS Pink Sawtooth.

Edwards' also feel great btw!

Overpriced and actually are worse that 2014 models.

why worse, could you explain exactly why? because i can give you plenty of reasons why the new 2015 gibson is great. yes they are more expensive but that doesn´t mean it isn´t a great instrument.

theres a cliche going on for years that all the gibsons of the last decade or something suck and the olds ones are the good ones and "people shouldn´t be stupid and buy a recent brand new gibson, just get an old one in good shape", thats complete bullshit, and mostly comes from people who actually never played a gibson.

gibson is a great brand which makes amazing instruments. you may not like it, you may feel its overpriced etc but you can´t deny its quality... its a fact.

however this doesn´t mean of course that there isn´t other brands out there great as well that might even suit you better than gibson. every big company has its own way of doing things, and you might prefer one to another...just like cars. maybe you prefer a mercedes-benz instead of a bmw... but the quality is still there nevertheless

why worse, could you explain exactly why? because i can give you plenty of reasons why the new 2015 gibson is great. yes they are more expensive but that doesn´t mean it isn´t a great instrument.

theres a cliche going on for years that all the gibsons of the last decade or something suck and the olds ones are the good ones and "people shouldn´t be stupid and buy a recent brand new gibson, just get an old one in good shape", thats complete bullshit, and mostly comes from people who actually never played a gibson.

gibson is a great brand which makes amazing instruments. you may not like it, you may feel its overpriced etc but you can´t deny its quality... its a fact.

however this doesn´t mean of course that there isn´t other brands out there great as well that might even suit you better than gibson. every big company has its own way of doing things, and you might prefer one to another...just like cars. maybe you prefer a mercedes-benz instead of a bmw... but the quality is still there nevertheless

new being worse than old has been said for all brands

its a fact that the scandal around bad wood in expensive guitars makes gibson an untrustworthy company of guitars especially since they are OVERPRICED!

ESP is going into the same trend the last year, with to much buck for what it is worth

Have you played any 2015 models? I had the oportunity to play some and compare them with older models. I'm not bashing Giboson because it's trendy, but because new models are worse than old ones and are wayyyy more expensive (for no reason). Love me some LP studio dude, but new ones... That wider neck is a pain in the butt - it doesn't feel right. It has the same old string spacing though, which makes it pita. Porly made nuts are another thing. Did I mention horrible robo tuners? 2013/2014 models give you better quallity for a lower price. Just saying.

Have you played any 2015 models? I had the oportunity to play some and compare them with older models. I'm not bashing Giboson because it's trendy, but because new models are worse than old ones and are wayyyy more expensive (for no reason). Love me some LP studio dude, but new ones... That wider neck is a pain in the butt - it doesn't feel right. It has the same old string spacing though, which makes it pita. Porly made nuts are another thing. Did I mention horrible robo tuners? 2013/2014 models give you better quallity for a lower price. Just saying.

Interesting, these are actually the things that make me want to buy the 2015. I have to try the wider neck it does sound nice for vibrato and bends. I thought the nut was an improvement? I also want the g force tuners, because I'm lazy as hell. Apparently they work very well if you read the manual and use them correctly.

But the actual build quality of the guitars hasn't decreased though right? I see 2014 studios for $800 new so I might just have to jump on that instead.

Interesting, these are actually the things that make me want to buy the 2015. I have to try the wider neck it does sound nice for vibrato and bends. I thought the nut was an improvement? I also want the g force tuners, because I'm lazy as hell. Apparently they work very well if you read the manual and use them correctly.

But the actual build quality of the guitars hasn't decreased though right? I see 2014 studios for $800 new so I might just have to jump on that instead.

Neck is wider, but string spacing is the same - totally ruins the feel. They had some nut problems, judging by what I saw on forums and local guitar tech told me. But seriously, robo tuners? :DDD

need help

My LTD-crapper has the EMG81 soldered in now, I can tune it, but once i plug it in the amp it doesnt work..

I used this schematic as a reference

emg-1.png

And this was the Output jack that came with it.

amphenoljack2.jpg

Everything part I used was the same parts that were used when it was in my RR24, so its all stock.

I think i might have soldered the output Jack wrong since i do not know what is ring,sleeve and tip in the closed types and I used the above image as a guide.

Need help

its fucking anoyying and I am out of a C-tuned guitar

help pls?

need help

My LTD-crapper has the EMG81 soldered in now, I can tune it, but once i plug it in the amp it doesnt work..

If you are unsure about the jack connections, I would recommend getting a multimeter or some kind of continuity tester. Plug a (stereo) cable in and test the terminals on the back of the jack and the different spots on the other end of the cable. Google image search (tip ring sleeve) if you are unsure which part of the jack is which.

Or with some output jacks you can just look at them and follow the terminal ends to see where they would make contact with the stereo jack. This is easily done on the normal style of output jacks but may not be possible with the type of jack you used.

Hey guys, I have an Edwards Alexi Scythe (ESP) with Seymour Duncan Distortion for sale. Original Floyd Rose, neck through, ebony board. Killer guitar for a good price. Message me for details. Posting here to get more interest from the COB fans. This particular Alexi signature was made before the LTD and ESP signatures started being produced.

IMG_20130629_130208_zps597a71f8.jpg

Hello, people,

I will probably have to do the worst decision in my life.

My gear might be up for sale.

List:
GPSP1000 with new Groove Tubes 12AX7C Premium
SansAmp PSA-1
2x Rocktron RSP2400
Rocktron Intellifex Blackface
Rocktron Intellifex LTD (Silverface)
Peavey 50/50 Classic Power Amp
Boss SD-1

kvy13.jpg

Probably Marshall 1936 G12T-75 Celestion
Probably J50BC
Probably 3x JE1k

Please, do not ask why.

Will not sell separately.

I might not be able to get PMs here. Write me an email using subject GEAR - rr480(at)hotmail.com

Thank you for understanding.

Good gear, don't mess around too much in the internal settings and it will pretty much sound like a original GP. Was supposed to get my original modded, but the tech i so busy these days. And it would cost me about 500$/€+- Now that RSP is veeery rare and kind of tightens up the sound, other stuff is cool too, but already own all of these.

Would however might buy the J50BC if the price is right and sold separately, will never have enough of those.