The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

The collector is living in Britain, and he's also posted on 'Bodom After Midnight' facebook group once or twice. His ripped and hexed guitars are the ones that were made alongside Alexis. Only those 4 were originally made as far as we know.

https://www.facebook.com/seta.wang

I bet he's studied and worked his ass off to have all that. We don't know how he prioritise his economy. Maybe his apartment is small, maybe he doesn't own cars or a house. Maybe he's unmarried with no children.

I wonder if the original WildChild and Stone guitars are in his possession (if those 2 are still exist - /in their original form) I mean of course he wasn't the one who "ordered" them (if any...), he was still a kid in 2002, but he seems financially stable (and a fan) enough to put the right amount of money on the table if someone offers such a gem.

Otherwise good for him, I'm not envy at him (of course a bit jealous) and if he could afford them, I say "go for it" :headbang:

(I hope someone is willing to sell me a white RR24 finally, I have the money, but sellers are tough to deal with, don't wanna ship, one has even ghosted me, after we've set the business...like what the heck, c'mon man it's not the Tinder:rofl: ...)

I remember seeing it posted on eBay for like a day and then the listing disappeared and later on, he posted these pictures. It’s not exactly like Roope’s, but it’s so similar that it’s clear where the influence is from.

Thanks, well yeah, some similarities, but the front pick guard has ruined the whole picture for me, I don't like pg on Rhoads (most of the cases)

The collector is living in Britain, and he's also posted on 'Bodom After Midnight' facebook group once or twice. His ripped and hexed guitars are the ones that were made alongside Alexis. Only those 4 were originally made as far as we know.

https://www.facebook.com/seta.wang

I bet he's studied and worked his ass off to have all that. We don't know how he prioritise his economy. Maybe his apartment is small, maybe he doesn't own cars or a house. Maybe he's unmarried with no children.
I’m not criticizing him hahah, just wild to see a collection of this magnitude.

More power to him.. with that amount of money he should’ve bought alexis rig when it went up for auction.

I’ve been watching this hoping they drop the price https://www.ebay.com/itm/EDWARDS-E-...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Oh these are pretty cool. I've had one just like this and an Edwards RV-138. I'm not a big fan of dot inlays so that's why I got rid of my KRV. The 138 I sold because at the time I wanted to try a Jackson Rhoads and I ended up buying a RR24M.

Oh these are pretty cool. I've had one just like this and an Edwards RV-138. I'm not a big fan of dot inlays so that's why I got rid of my KRV. The 138 I sold because at the time I wanted to try a Jackson Rhoads and I ended up buying a RR24M.
I was thinking if I got it I’d put like a cross inlay stack like roope has over the dots or something lol. Yeah I don’t like the dots either

-Anzza-
SIND
<Arcane>
Fastbodom

Thank you all for the info you were able to provide me on the pickup. Will check it out tonight as it showed up in the mail today.

Will post back in this thread, or maybe start a new one all about the J-50BC, just to let people know what I find once I measure them with my digital calipers and try it in a standard pickup ring. Info may get lost in this thread.

If the standard rings don't work, I'll get some custom ones on order.

The one that showed up today is a non raised logo, but have another one I found that should show up next week, but it has the raised logo cover, so deff. want to compare them.

Reactions: SIND
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but it looks like Musamaailma is going to be carrying a brand new Edwards version of the Arrowhead Laiho model! Glad to see it's coming with the MM-04, which the previous versions did not have, and that they've got a nicer bag with them. Also the part about them having an improved cutaway like Alexi's later custom shop models sounds very intriguing! https://www.musamaailma.fi/en/esp-edwards-arrowhead-alexi-laiho-signature-sahkokitara-softcase

Reactions: MattK
Yes, I’m pretty interested. Kind of bugs me it is 300 euros more than the katana, any idea why? Doesn’t seem like it should be that much more.

also would want the neck painted black

2000 for an Edwards guitar is a joke. In June, the Greeny cost 1,400 and the Scythe 1,300. Why should you suddenly pay 50% more?
But it seems that Edwards guitars in general are almost completely sold out.

Another question: Do any of you own a GP-1000? And if so, can anyone record and send me a 20 second isolated guitar track with it? It doesn't matter what (doesnt have to be Bodom), as long as it's played reasonably clean, distorted and recorded directly or with a micro.

-Anzza-
SIND
<Arcane>
Fastbodom

Thank you all for the info you were able to provide me on the pickup. Will check it out tonight as it showed up in the mail today.

Will post back in this thread, or maybe start a new one all about the J-50BC, just to let people know what I find once I measure them with my digital calipers and try it in a standard pickup ring. Info may get lost in this thread.

If the standard rings don't work, I'll get some custom ones on order.

The one that showed up today is a non raised logo, but have another one I found that should show up next week, but it has the raised logo cover, so deff. want to compare them.

Good news for you, i also fitted a bigger J50BC. the pickup itself fits nicely but the cover is a few mm's to much.
I sanded the sides down intul it fit over it snugly. no issues.

Another 2 questions for the experts here.

Question 1

I bought a RR24m. I has a small supersficial scrathc on it.
I wish to remove it.

What could i do and what should I use??
A Friend of mine uses some kind of car polish on his fender strats but idk if that will work on my guitar (also won't it blend the colors??)

Question 2
Best way to clean the fretboard? it is Maple but idk more.
help advised.

Another 2 questions for the experts here.

Question 1

I bought a RR24m. I has a small supersficial scrathc on it.
I wish to remove it.

What could i do and what should I use??
A Friend of mine uses some kind of car polish on his fender strats but idk if that will work on my guitar (also won't it blend the colors??)

Question 2
Best way to clean the fretboard? it is Maple but idk more.
help advised.

I'd use some fine polishing agent on a soft cloth to check if it will buff out. If it doesn't I'd look into very fine grit polishing paper, and then finish with a buffing.

For maple board that are usually lacquered I'd see if a dry cloth can take it. If it can't I'd use a bit of naptha on said cloth. Naptha evaporates super fast, and doesn't have any water content in it. If water gets under a fret it might raise the wood and unseat the fret. YMMV.

I was recently googling Alexi tones, as I have a habit of every few years, and i found this gem of a thread of UG.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458094

It's from 2011, and the guy says he has trouble getting COB sounds from his JVM. Little does he know that in just 2 years from his time of writing Alexi will make the switch to JVMs. The responses are the funniest. People saying that the JVMs can't get that heavy, and doesn't have the structure to pull off the tones.

I think, if Warheart ever checks in again, we should update the #1 post with the later amp rigs. I have some info that I don't know if it has been covered/discussed.

Reactions: SIND and MattK
Here’s some silly concept “art” I was doing to imagine what an edwards al 128 scythe would look like with some a paint job lol what do y’all think of this color scheme?

Attachments

• 8F414413-E66A-4F4D-9408-2C011867D5CE.jpeg
    8F414413-E66A-4F4D-9408-2C011867D5CE.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 38
Here’s some silly concept “art” I was doing to imagine what an edwards al 128 scythe would look like with some a paint job lol what do y’all think of this color scheme?
Interesting. I actually think the white pinstripes from the sawtooth model would fit that really well.

Reactions: MattK
Excuse my “scribble in color with my finger on my iPhone” art

yeah I’ve been thinking if I got another I’d like to do something cool like that