The Circus Maximus Impact on Me

BassBangerEd

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2011
Puerto Rico
I just wanna say that Circus Mximus is my favorite band of all time!!! Mats, your riffs, melodies and solos are just mind blowing. The thing that makes for me CM such an awesome band it's because of it's accessibility. I mean that you don't have to be a die-hard progressive metal fan to like Circus Maximus. In my opinion what attracted me the most was the melodies because they're so catchy and not the aspect that there are odd time signatures or other progressive elements even though I like progressive metal (DGM, Seventh Wonder, Dream Theater, etc.). What I'm trying to say is that Circus Maximus has found the perfect mix between progressive metal and commercial (catchy, easy to hear) music. That's why I think CM has a bright future, becuase it has the caracteristics to expand and not just like a group of fans. Keep on Rockin' Mats. Your music has changed the way for me to listen to music. Thanks. :headbang:

Couldn't agree more.. Michael Romeo and Mats are the only guys who make guitar interesting. Mats' guitar solos make me literally shake violently, sometimes I wonder if I have autism O_O. Not even joking..

Really beautiful stuff... and the "Silence" bonus track is the best thing I've heard in my whole life period.

Hey man my names shane and ive been listening 2 ur music in complete astonishment!!!!!!!! U guys are amazing!!!!! :headbang: I cant wait 2 see u live but the problem is is that i live in NC :( But my friend matt and i are going 2 find a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw LOVE ISOLATE!!!!!!! Cant wait for new album!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang: Just wanted 2 say keep up the good work :) I just got a 7 string hr giger ibanez and have started playin some of ur stuff :) Very fun!!!! I also wanted 2 ask u some tips on legato playing.... i play lots of Dt, jason becker, cacophony, symphony x, stratovarius, pos,john petrucci,pagans mind,spastic ink,secret sphere, seventh wonder, shadow gallery, sonata arctica, kamelot and sooooo on...... but every time i get 2 a legato part i cant quite seem 2 keep it as loud as the rest of my playing????? Am i not pulling off hard enough?????? Anyways u and everybody keep up the good work! U guys one of my biggest inspiration and influences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: And u better belive one day we will play a show together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt and i are on the rise!!!!!!!!:lol: ohh and one more thing..... what do u think about the new seventh wonders great escape????????????