The concerts thread

56846847.jpg

Well, can't fucking wait...I enjoy Mayhem's old stuff but I'm really psyched to see Taake, as well as most people I've talked to. Getting a T-shirt wouldn't be bad also :cool:

This is the likely setlist, for those curious and/or interested :kickass:

- Voldtekt
- Hordalands Doedskvad I
- Hordalands Doedskvad II
- Hordalands Doedskvad III
- Doedsjarl
- Motpol
- Tykjes Fele
- Over Bjorgvin Graater Himmerik IV
- Nattestid ser porten vid I

Of course I'll post the actual setlist and how everything went.

Anyone ever see Agalloch live? Their dvd kinda turned me off and I'm not sure if I'm down to see them when they come around to NYC.

i've heard a few people say they were disappointing unfortunately.

for me, seen watain the other night (who were fucking brilliant) and have amon amarth and anaal nathrakh coming up within the next few weeks.

I've seen Agalloch last year at their Transilvania gig in Brasov. The venue was a theatre, but I thought it was really awesome: the sound was great, played a lot of songs they haven't played in a long time, at the end they played songs that the public requested, and generally the atmosphere they created was one of the best.

They also had another show the next day in Bucharest with Alcest (Alcest were having their first live concert then), but the sound was bad - mainly because that club didn't have the same acoustics as the venue in Brasov. It just wasn't the same thing.

Of course I'll post the actual setlist and how everything went.

Well, the setlist was pretty much like the one I posted, a bit shorter unfortunately. The awful traffic made me miss the opening act (brazilian Coldblood), when I arrived at the venue Taake was getting onstage.

Fucking insane and intense gig, the songs of the S/T work really great live and the old stuff brings the atmosphere only norwegian black metal bands can create imo. Brilliant set and sharp performance. Got my T-shirt (for like 20 bucks) and a few cds after their set.

Mayhem's gig - If I should describe their show in a single word, it would be Crushing. Some of the most vicious moshpits I've witnessed took place last night. Attila's performance was insane as usual, the band is damn tight. Hellhammer is a fucking beast.

:kickass:

My updated concert list for the next months :)

Bucharest shows:
20 april - Ensiferum & CoB
1 may - Blind Guardian
4 may - Rotting Christ & Omnium Gatherum
14 may - Primordial
19 may - Dark Tranquility (maybe going)
24 may - Kataklysm
9 june - Scorpions (not sure if they're worth that much money, it's a stupidly expensive concert IMO - @ 90 euro- just for Scorpions)
3 july - Judas Priest & Whitesnake

3-5 june- Metalfest Hungary if it doesn't interfere with my exams, really badly put this year. Has Saxon, Alcest, Moonsorrow, Arch Enemy, Equilibrium, Sabaton, Rage, Stormwitch, Arkona, Astral Doors, Kreator,Watain, Abigail Williams... and maybe Wintersun ^^ .

not very sure about the rest of my summer

Complete line-up of extreme metal festival Hammer Open Air 2011 in Lieto, Finland.

Friday 15th of July

ABSU (US)
INQUISITION (US)
PRIMORDIAL (IE)
GOSPEL OF THE HORNS (AU)
MORTIFERA (FR)
BAPTISM (FR)
ALGHAZANTH (FI)
MAVETH (FI)
CAUGHT IN THE BETWEEN (FI)

Saturday 16th of July

AUTOPSY (US)
IN SOLITUDE (SE)
DARKENED NOCTURN SLAUGHTERCULT (DE)
MERRIMACK (FR)
INTERMENT (SE)
SATANIC WARMASTER (FI)
TOTALSELFHATRED (FI)
ISOLE (SE)
STORMHEIT (FI)
MORBUS CHRON (SE)
MORBID INSULTER (SE)

ARCHGOAT-8-13-11Cen.jpg

K.E.P PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS...
THE RETURN OF DARKNESS & EVIL FEST IV

ARCHGOAT (FIN) 1st & Only East Coast Appearance
NECROPHAGIA (OH)
BLACK WITCHERY (FL)
ENGORGE (NJ,CA)
VAGINAL JESUS (MA) 1ST SHOW IN 23 YEARS
SPERM OF ANTICHRIST (OH)
PSYCHO (MA)
THE BEYOND (PA)
+ SPECIAL GUEST

SATURDAY AUGUST 13TH 2011
@
DINGBATZ
620 VAN HOUTEN AVE
CLIFTON, NJ 07013-2124

21 TO ENTER W/ID
DOORS 7PM, 1ST BAND 7:30PM
ADVANCE TICKETS $20 THROUGH PAYPAL DIESELWAR666@YAHOO.COM
$25 DAY OF SHOW
INFO AT KEP_PRODUCTIONS@YAHOO.COM

My updated concert list for the next months :)

Bucharest shows:
20 april - Ensiferum & CoB
1 may - Blind Guardian
4 may - Rotting Christ & Omnium Gatherum
14 may - Primordial
19 may - Dark Tranquility (maybe going)
24 may - Kataklysm
9 june - Scorpions (not sure if they're worth that much money, it's a stupidly expensive concert IMO - @ 90 euro- just for Scorpions)
3 july - Judas Priest & Whitesnake

3-5 june- Metalfest Hungary if it doesn't interfere with my exams, really badly put this year. Has Saxon, Alcest, Moonsorrow, Arch Enemy, Equilibrium, Sabaton, Rage, Stormwitch, Arkona, Astral Doors, Kreator,Watain, Abigail Williams... and maybe Wintersun ^^ .

not very sure about the rest of my summer

Eastern Europe has such great concerts. I am thinking about going to Metalfest Hungary but I think I'll go to Metalfest Germany instead - better lineup!

Eastern Europe has such great concerts. I am thinking about going to Metalfest Hungary but I think I'll go to Metalfest Germany instead - better lineup!

I think last year's lineup in Hungary was better than the one in Germany & Austria... but yeah, this year seems like the other way around.
Hungary is most probably the one I'll be going to, mainly because of time, distance and money(besides, I'm just happy Wintersun got confirmed in Budapest too, been wanting to see this one).

Wish there were a Metalfest Romania, but, oh well, there are plenty of other smaller festivals with good line ups. And it would take out the fun of traveling and trying to communicate to foreign people with bad english/german/any language you might understand skills.

I think last year's lineup in Hungary was better than the one in Germany & Austria... but yeah, this year seems like the other way around.
Hungary is most probably the one I'll be going to, mainly because of time, distance and money(besides, I'm just happy Wintersun got confirmed in Budapest too, been wanting to see this one).

Wish there were a Metalfest Romania, but, oh well, there are plenty of other smaller festivals with good line ups. And it would take out the fun of traveling and trying to communicate to foreign people with bad english/german/any language you might understand skills.

Hungary was initially my first choice because I want to visit Budapest (and will probably end up there anyway on this trip) and I didn't really want to travel to Dessau because it looks like the middle of nowhere, but Amorphis, Primordial, Alcest, Watain, Sodom etc convinced me otherwise!

And yes the language part should be interesting, being by myself and not speaking any German.

Japan concert forecast: drier than a desert, which isn't surprising. Not like any bands EVER come this far southwest anyway.

I really can't wait to get back Stateside, if anything I'll be marginally closer to Europe and can get over there for a festival in late summer/fall (crossed fingers).