The concerts thread

Saw Swans last night. It was amazing. One of the heaviest shows I've seen- an extremely full sound, like giant waves of crashing one after another. Its awesome to see a bunch of 50 year olds put such an intense and demanding performance.

My buddy went and he reported the exact same thing. Sounds like I missed out.

They did a good show, although the sound was bad at some parts. The playlist also had a lot of my favorite songs like: Hora Soarelui, Cunoasterea Tacuta, Inarborat, Dacia Hiperboreana. Also did some of their atmospheric/ambient songs like Pamant and Norilor and a new song. They finished with Arborele Lumii.

You lucky bastard...All joking aside, thank you for sharing the pics and set info im fucking jealous! :kickass:

Im pretty stoked about the Scion Fest tomorrow, anyone else going?

Got my Agalloch tix for the Cleveland show today. Pretty excited for that... Will be the first time I've seen them.

Got my Agalloch tix for the Cleveland show today. Pretty excited for that... Will be the first time I've seen them.

Good for you! Agalloch are great live. If it's not a large venue, or even better indoors, then it will be great, they have a really nice atmosphere.

Good for you! Agalloch are great live. If it's not a large venue, or even better indoors, then it will be great, they have a really nice atmosphere.

Yeah, small venue indoors (probably a good idea for Cleveland in March - we'd run the risk of getting snow dumped on us. Of course, that might just add to the atmosphere at an Agalloch show.)

Raina, NB looks like a great show. Also I am envious of crimsonfloyd and Swans. That WOULD be the heaviest show ever.

Finlandfest looks mediocre enough to miss without so much as a second glance.

I'll be going to Getaway Rock in July. They've got a pretty good lineup this year: Immortal, Enslaved, Opeth, Kreator, 40 Watt Sun, Aura Noir, Entombed, Vomitory, Desultory, Corrosion Of Conformity and Ghost.

Let us know how it goes,apparently Melvins are fucking loud live!

The sideshow was awesome, yeah they were the loudest band I've heard live, I had to do a barrel roll straight back out the door when I walked in there whilst frantically tearing my earplugs from their plastic packet. They ruled though, as did Primus.

Pretty glad I went to the sideshow because Soundwave was the usual chaotic mixture of being trashed, getting about, shit going down, finding friends, missing stuff and so forth. Slayer were fucking awesome, they made the day worth the money with that one set. Which is lucky because I only ended up watching them, Primus again and Iron Maiden. Primus were good but not as good as the intimate set the night before (plus we were all stressing at the time because one of our crew had been arrested on the way in, but that's another story) and Maiden were boring and played WAY too much newer stuff. Spewing I chose Maiden over Melvins, and spewing I missed Queens of the Stone Age and One Day as a Lion but whaddaya do. Funtimes were had.

I'll be going to Getaway Rock in July. They've got a pretty good lineup this year: Immortal, Enslaved, Opeth, Kreator, 40 Watt Sun, Aura Noir, Entombed, Vomitory, Desultory, Corrosion Of Conformity and Ghost.

GHOST! I am curious what their live show is like.

Ghost's live performances are definitely awesome. Rarely you can experience such a mystical and haunting atmosphere.

They kinda have the image of Portal. Going to see Demiricous tonight with Mobile Deathcamp, Nakay and another band. Demiricous is releasing music for the first time since they got dropped by metal blade 3 years ago should be fun. Vollrath is a cool place but that neighborhood can suck it.

Anyone ever see Agalloch live? Their dvd kinda turned me off and I'm not sure if I'm down to see them when they come around to NYC.