The concerts thread

Yeah, it's not so much a matter of money (because it really isn't that expensive to drive down there and stay at the Alamo Lodge) as it is one of awful timing with school. I'm pretty confident that it won't be too huge a task to resolve any potential conflicts between the two though.

Saw Death Angel, Lazarus A.D., and Bonded by Blood last night at the Cheyenne Saloon. Bonded by Blood was great and Lazarus A.D. put on a good show. Death Angel was outstanding. They played about 90 minutes and did a good job of mixing the new stuff in with the old stuff. It was great to hear/see Mistress of Pain, Thrashers and Bored performed live. Without a doubt it was the best show that I have seen at the Cheyenne Saloon.

Immortal with Absu in NYC was awesome on Saturday night, one of the best and least ear-piercing sound qualities I've ever heard.

I just found out that Jeff Hanneman has necrotizing faciitis on his right arm and won't be playing at Soundwave. Fuck.

Seeing Watain with Shining in a few weeks. From the concert footage I've seen of Watain, this is going to kick ass! =D

Saw Watain last year, I think they sound better live than on their albums. :) They also have all these props, like an altar and you will see a lot of raw meat.

The only unfortunate thing about the decorum is that it will smell pretty badly if you're close to the stage. I honestly thought that the opening bands didn't shower much, the meat was coverered with a black cloak in the back, and didn't see it until Watain started playing. :lol:

Saw Turisas, Nachtmystium and Cradle of Filth last night in Detroit, that was an awesome fucking show. I got onto the stage during Nachtmystium to headbang for a second, it was sweet; I also snatched the singer's guitar pick when he tossed it into the pit. It was indeed an epic night.

Saw Turisas, Nachtmystium and Cradle of Filth last night in Detroit, that was an awesome fucking show. I got onto the stage during Nachtmystium to headbang for a second, it was sweet; I also snatched the singer's guitar pick when he tossed it into the pit. It was indeed an epic night.

I'm seeing that show in Worcester, Mass. on March 4th. Is anyone else here going to that?

Also, do you have a setlist?

No but I can remember some of what was played. Daniel Lioneye sucked btw, terrible sound.

Turisas opened up with Holmgaarde and Beyond, played a couple new tracks, and Battle Metal I believe. I was sad they only played like 4 songs.

Nachtmystium played quite a few, I don't know their material besides Assassins very well though, but I remember they played Ghosts of Grace and Assassins.

Cradle played some stuff from the new one, Her Ghost in the Fog, Ebony Dressed for Sunset, The Forest Whispers My Name, The Principle of Evil Made Flesh, Nymphetamine, and some other ones I couldn't place. Oh yeah, and we left as they were playing this, which I regret, but the second song of the encore was Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids. So yeah, it should be a really good show, you'll enjoy it. Don't know how much you care for Cradle though.

Stuff I have lined up currently:

Nunslaughter + Mutant Supremacy + Disma
Crowbar + St Vitus (and a bunch of shit I don't care about)
Overkill + Accept
Destruction + Heathen (depends on how lazy I'm feeling and I might be busy that weekend)
Malignancy + Humanity Falls (my friend does vocals in HF so I said I'd come out to support)
MDF
Hooded Menace + Negative Plane
Rites of Darkness

No but I can remember some of what was played. Daniel Lioneye sucked btw, terrible sound.

Turisas opened up with Holmgaarde and Beyond, played a couple new tracks, and Battle Metal I believe. I was sad they only played like 4 songs.

Nachtmystium played quite a few, I don't know their material besides Assassins very well though, but I remember they played Ghosts of Grace and Assassins.

Cradle played some stuff from the new one, Her Ghost in the Fog, Ebony Dressed for Sunset, The Forest Whispers My Name, The Principle of Evil Made Flesh, Nymphetamine, and some other ones I couldn't place. Oh yeah, and we left as they were playing this, which I regret, but the second song of the encore was Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids. So yeah, it should be a really good show, you'll enjoy it. Don't know how much you care for Cradle though.

Nice. I checked out some CoF just for this show and it's not bad. I'm mainly going for Nachtmystium.