The concerts thread

A few romanian bands' gigs like Trooper on the 24the february and Negura Bunget on the 3rd march in Bucharest.
Then Death Angel and Suicidal Angels on 16th march. Maybe I'll see Combichrist, but I'm not too sure if I want to or not.

Saw MyGrain and Omnium Gatherum first time live last friday in a small venue. They were pretty good, MyGrain was better (even it warmed up). I recommend them.
I can see you're from Oulu as well ;) I was at that show too, and I found Omnium Gatherum to be the better live act mainly because MyGrain's singer was a bit disappointing. OmG's live sound was also fantastic. They'll do 3 shows in Romania in early May with Rotting Christ if I remember right, so I guess I have to recommend them to Raina ;)

Upcoming shows for me, quite nice March:

5.3 Before The Dawn + Routasielu + Rain of Acid
11.3(maybe Evergrey show)
19.3. Children of Bodom + Ensiferum + Machinae Supremacy
31.3 Devin Townsend
15.4 Sonata Arctica + Tarot (my birthday btw)
8.7 Iron Maiden @ Helsinki
I got tickets for Devin Townsend. And there's a nasty clash on 5th March because Kalmah are in town as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I know about the Rotting Christ gig in may - I was planning to go anyway, but didn't know Omnium Gathering were playing with them. Cool, thanks for the info! :)

Agree with Belligerent. Jealous!

That SUUUUUUUUCKS Cronopio. I'm going to that tour in a week. Deris better have sorted out his throat.

Saw Deicide / Pathology / Neuraxis / Blackguard live last night.

Deicide was boring, Pathology was fun but repetitive, Neuraxis is impressive, Blackguard sucks and has a douchey bassist but cool female drummer.

Three more bands added to Rites of Darkness 3.

SARGEIST (FIN)
WEAPON (CANADA)
CIANIDE (IL)

This has no bearing on the announcements for March.

so full lineup so far:

DEMIGOD (FIN)
IGNIVOMOUS (AUS)
EVOKEN (US)
URFAUST (NED)
PLF (US)
SARGEIST (FIN)
WEAPON (CAN)
CIANIDE (US)

Seeing Negura Bunget + Enslaved soon, w00t. Then Dornenreich + Alcest + a lot of local black metal the next day. Curious to see whether I enjoy Alcest more live than on CD.. can't wait for Dornenreich though. Anaal Nathrakh shortly after too, maybe Chthonic soon but I dunno if I can be focked. Also Destruction + Overkill + Heathen but nobody wants to go and I prefer thrash gigs with friends.

I'm going to see Rotting Christ as well. I think the concert is in late March, but the band I'm really going to see is Hate. Can anyone attest to the quality of Rotting Christ in concert?

Yeah, they're awesome in my opinion. Saw them...3 years ago, I think, and they were good.
Also, Hate are great live too, but it's usually more enjoyable for those who know some of their music beforehand. Too bad there was such a small public in Bucharest then...