The concerts thread

Check craigslist for people selling tickets cheap. Got my ticket for Motorhead for $20 on there. Much better than the $40 to $50 dollar asking price.

Immortal and Absu in Chicago is only $30 + tax. It's probably going to be my next show as well. I don't really give a shit about seeing Immortal live these days, but I am curious to hear some new Absu stuff. They are mainly sticking to their 2009 album Absu and probably going to play some new stuff of their album. I'd rather hear more old stuff, but whatever.

Iron Maiden are coming to Saitama (a plane ride away) in March. They're playing with BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, WTFWTFWTF. I think I'll be giving it a miss.

So this year I'll be seeing Manowar for definite and hopefully Judas Priest too, possibly at High Voltage Fest. I might just get a day ticket for that. It's no camping and staying in london sounds expensive and annoying. I kind of have to see Priest though, cos it's their last year of touring I think and they've been my favourite band for a number of years.

Oops need to point out I have seen them once before though.

Couple of killer shows coming up that i'll be attending. Immortal at the end of February and Agalloch at the end of March. It'll be my first time seeing both.

Iron Maiden are coming to Saitama (a plane ride away) in March. They're playing with BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, WTFWTFWTF. I think I'll be giving it a miss.

I have seen this exact ticket (wtf why are they going together again?). Whether it is worth it depends on how much of their older stuff they play; check online before deciding.

I've already decided. I'll wait it out. Helloween will be great in Japan because I'm going with some diehard fangirl coworkers, but generally I imagine seeing big bands is way cooler in English-speaking/European countries/Brazil than in Japan where the band/audience interaction is extremely stunted.

Scion Rock Fest looks to be the only thing in the future at the moment, and there's going to be another Black Twilight Circle show here sometime in March or April too, though there are no details yet.

Master on March 11th should be the shit. I'm contemplating going to see Destruction/Destroyer 666 three weeks before MDF or saving the money that would be spent there for the general MDF fund.

Master on March 11th should be the shit. I'm contemplating going to see Destruction/Destroyer 666 three weeks before MDF or saving the money that would be spent there for the general MDF fund.

FUKK! I forgot about that Double D show! Ugh, we'll have to see. I don't plan on making any big ass fucking hauls anytime soon.

February 17. Vreid, Kampfar (or Iskald) & Batallion - Det Akademiske Kvarter, Bergen.

Looking forward to this. Cant wait to hear the new Vreid album...

So far, I have Helloween and Stratovarius in Sofia, Bulgaria this Sunday. Really hope to make it to my exam on the next day...

In Bucharest:
Impaled Nazarene on 1st February
CoB and Ensiferum on 28 april
Blind Guardian on 1 st May

Also Metalfest in Budapest, Hungary.:D

I'll see what comes around here in between them.

I saw them a couple of years ago with the new lineup, and they were pretty tight. I'd say maybe a quarter to a third of the songs were from Altars and David Vincent wasn't wearing latex, which was definitely a plus.

Yeah, saw them last year and it was an amazing gig, great setlist and great performance.

Katatonia - Feb 27th

Just got 2 tickets ;)

I'm excited to see them live.

Just got my ticket for SODOM in London on February 6th

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCT4XOoMJo&feature=related[/ame]

Pretty fucking excited for this, its rare for them to play a show in the UK. Its a proper small venue too so I will be mere feet away from them.

Inferno 2011 - April 20-23rd: Oslo

Bands, final lineup:
[UK]Akercocke
[France]Alcest
[Norway]Altaar
[Norway]Astaroth
[USA]Atheist
[Norway]Aura Noir
[Portugal]Ava Inferi
[India]Bhayanak Maut
[Denmark]Caro
[Greece]Cease of Breeding
[Norway]DHG
[Norway]Djerv
[Austria]Dornenreich
[Norway]Einherjer
[USA]Exhumed
[USA]Forbidden
[USA]Gaza
[Norway]Gothminister
[Norway]Harm
[Norway]Haust
[Italy]Hideous Divinity
[Denmark]Illdisposed
[Norway]Immortal
[Germany]Imperium Dekadenz
[Poland]Infernal War
[Norway]Insense
[USA]Malevolent Creation
[Norway]Manifest
[Norway]March of Echoes
[Sweden]Meshuggah
[UK]Napalm Death
[Norway]Nidingr
[Norway]No Dawn
[Norway]Obliteration
[Norway]Okkultokrati
[USA]Pentagram
[Norway]Resonaut
[Norway]Rikets Crust
[Finland]Rotten Sound
[Norway]Slavia
[USA]Soilent Green
[Norway]Summon the Crows
[France]Temple of Baal
[Norway]The Farmhouse Killings
[Denmark]The Kandidate
[USA]Today is the Day
[USA]Trap Them
[Norway]Urgehal
[Canada]Voivod

Man, this will be a great easter.

Went to two shows last night. Saw Motorhead at the House of Blues. It was a full house and they put on a good show. I would have loved to hear them play Orgasmatron but it didn't happen. Made it across town in time to catch Raven at the Cheyenne Saloon. I was delightfully surprised and impressed with their performance. I've seen some of their videos on youtube which are kinda lame, but they were much better live. They played about an hour and a half show with much more energy and stage presence than motorhead. Very classy and professional, Raven earned my respect. A lot of up and coming bands could learn a thing or two about performing live by seeing these guys play.