ROTTENNESS (mex)
GRAVEHILL (CA)
FACE OF RUIN (WI)
DROGHEDA (OH)
SEXUAL ATROCITIES (WI)
ENGAGED IN MUTILATING (Tx)
MORGUE SUPPLIER (IL)
CYGNUS LOOP (IL)

Unless something drastically changes I will not be attending. More reason to try to make it to MDF I suppose.

Yeah, CIM is never really that good. They have like 1-2 bands that I give a shit about. Incantation last year was awesome though.

BTW We got a van to take to MDF an we do have room for you if you are interested. We may be taking 1 more friend of mine, so if you come that would make 7 and would completely fill up the van.

I made a seperate thread for it, but I'll post it here too.

Rites of Darkness 3 will officially take place on December 9th and 10th at the White Rabbit again. The first 5 bands are as follows:

Demigod (Slumber era lineup)
Ignivomous (Melbourne)
Funebrarum
Evoken
P.L.F.

This is just a few of bands to be announced. Be expecting a ton more crazy acts from across the globe. Tickets will go on sale once all bands have been officially announced. See you in December.

One of my friends went on that "70,000 Tons of Metal" cruise from Miami to Mexico. I don't even know what to make of that. Anyone here have experience/hear about that?

Just got back from seeing Tool live for the first time in 15 years. Holy FUCK. I fucking hate sounding like a Tool fanboi, but they were insanely good. Everything was perfect. Best sound I've possibly ever heard and the visuals were mindblowing.

Eluveitie Saturday with 3 Inches of Blood and Holy Grail. I'm interested in Holy Grail, since it's basically everyone who played on High Speed GTO, which was awesome. Dislike 3IOB and Eluveitie seem to kinda blow ever since the second album, but my gf really wants to go. I will probably be drunk.

The first bands for Central Illinois Metalfest have been announced:

EXHUMED (CA)
CEPHALIC CARNAGE (CO)
NACHTMYSTIUM (IL)
DECREPIT BIRTH (CA)
GORGASM (IN)
PESHMERGA (IL)
GORETRADE (Columbia)
ROTTENNESS (mex)
GRAVEHILL (CA)
FACE OF RUIN (WI)
DROGHEDA (OH)
SEXUAL ATROCITIES (WI)
ENGAGED IN MUTILATING (Tx)
MORGUE SUPPLIER (IL)
CYGNUS LOOP (IL)

Unless something drastically changes I will not be attending. More reason to try to make it to MDF I suppose.
I may have to finally go to that this year.
would love to see Exhumed. Decrepit Birth would be kinda cool too. If they add another big name that I like, im there.

One of my friends went on that "70,000 Tons of Metal" cruise from Miami to Mexico. I don't even know what to make of that. Anyone here have experience/hear about that?

Oh, I've heard it was awesome from some people. Mainly because the people in the bands walked around and met with the crowd, basically the whole ship was a backstage area, so you got to meet and talk to them. Also, heard they did a lot of strange karaoke, like the guys from TYR singing 'Du Hast', you can see all sorts of clips on youtube.

The whole festival sounds like a cool idea, I received some fliers at Wacken, too bad it's all the way in America, so it's kind of hard for me to participate.

^They played only one song from Midnattens Widunder and unfortunately, it was one I don't really enjoy too much, and no, no Svartberg. They played mostly new songs, which I didn't mind but still would have liked a bigger variety. Odd thing though, during the Ensiferum set, there was a guy in the pit holding up a toilet brush...:err:

I was a bit disappointed myself, didn't hear some song I wanted to hear but all in all a very good show

Saw MyGrain and Omnium Gatherum first time live last friday in a small venue. They were pretty good, MyGrain was better (even it warmed up). I recommend them.

Upcoming shows for me, quite nice March:

5.3 Before The Dawn + Routasielu + Rain of Acid
11.3(maybe Evergrey show)
19.3. Children of Bodom + Ensiferum + Machinae Supremacy
31.3 Devin Townsend
15.4 Sonata Arctica + Tarot (my birthday btw)
8.7 Iron Maiden @ Helsinki