The concerts thread

Last year was about 1000x better tho.
Gigantour, which kicked ass except for CoB, then the next day Skeletonwitch, Vital Remains, Shadows Fall, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, and a bunch of bands that were way better than expected, including As Blood Runs Black and Heaven Shall Burn. And then the third day was Paganfest with a couple other bands rounding it out.

Vital Remains/ Deicide in Denever, 16 feb
All Shall Perish/ Abigail Williams 26 feb

keep an eye out for reviews of both shows, and an interview with All Shall Perish

plus, my bands shows.
~gR~

i dont know. i doubt it.

but then again, all the other bands have members of deicide in them... i imagine glen will come out for one song. but two sets a night is really hard on the vocal chords
~gR~

Soilwork setlist (partial, I might be forgetting some...in order from newest to oldest stuff):

Exile
Sworn To A Great Divide
20 More Miles
The Pittsburgh Syndrome
Nerve
Stabbing The Drama
Rejection Role
Light The Torch
Distortion Sleep
Follow The Hollow (opener)
As We Speak (orgasmic in a live setting)
Black Star Deceiver
(Soilworker's) Song Of The Damned
Shadowchild
Needlefeast
Like The Average Stalker
Chainheart Machine

I am pretty sure they played no Steelbath stuff, but Chainheart was good enough for me; epic song live tbh.

One of the best shows I saw was Iced Earth when they toured for Something Wicked This Way Comes. They played a little place in NYC called Coney Island High in the middle of the afternoon. It was a great show and it was cool that the place was small enough to see the band up close playing the songs from what remains my favorite album of their's.

They had to cut the concert off at like 7 PM because there was some dance music crap booked for the evening.:rolleyes:

I also saw Nick McBrain's "McBrain Damage" at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY a while back. That was a cool show. It was a real small place and I was right in front of the stage. Nicko was only about 10 feet away.

Soilwork setlist (partial, I might be forgetting some...in order from newest to oldest stuff):

Black Star Deceiver
Needlefeast
Like The Average Stalker
Chainheart Machine
:kickass:i hope they play these next Saturday.

Back from the first In Flames' gig in São Paulo, with Claustrofobia as the opening act.

I wasn't expecting much, as I don't really like the way they've changed their sound. I was there to listen to songs from the albums I dig (Whoracle, Colony and Clayman mostly).

The finest moments came with songs like Swim, Episode 666, The Hive, Cloud Connected, Behind Space and Only for the Weak.

The crowd was really eager to see them for the very first time, so every fucking song was chanted by everyone in there. Band members seemed surprised with the warm reception, at first.

Well, I'm pretty sure they will be back. They've enjoyed the gig as much as the crowd. I'm done with In Flames, but I must admit I enjoyed as well. My fiance just loved her first Metal gig, now I'll have to take her to the next ones.

I'm really anticipating our next two gigs:

Morbid Angel next month and Opeth in April :kickass:

This is going to be the best concert ever.

admat.jpg

Pain Of Salvation is coming to america? I thought they were never going to due to daniel not liking something about america that I never got

He doesn't like American customs in airports and how everything has to be searched or something stupid like that.

He dislikes our fingerprinting policy for foreigners coming in to work for a month or longer, but it seems from the post on their website that it was more or less a catch all protest against the policies of the Bush administration.

Exile
Sworn To A Great Divide
20 More Miles
The Pittsburgh Syndrome
Nerve
Stabbing The Drama
Rejection Role
Light The Torch
Distortion Sleep
Follow The Hollow (opener)
Black Star Deceiver
Shadowchild
Needlefeast
Like The Average Stalker
Chainheart Machine

I am pretty sure they played no Steelbath stuff, but Chainheart was good enough for me; epic song live tbh.

i wish i could hear Shadowchild live, my favourite Soilwork song