The concerts thread

is suzuki playing on this tour with vital remains?
~gR~

nope, no suzuki.

man, what a killer fucking show. benton is hilarious. he's a total dick to everyone, but its funny. he shot me with a nerf gun. then tried to hit me when he was doing vocals with vital remains (one song, dechristianize).

oh, and we're fairly sure jack owen is a zombie...

more details in the official review
~gR~

So Soilwork were amazing last night (my 2nd time seeing them). Similar setlist to the one VeeVee posted.

I was stoked when they played:
As We Speak (came out for an encore to this one)
Black Star Deceiver
Song Of The Damned
Like The Average Stalker

I caught 1/2 way through Warbringer's horrific set and had to sit through Darkanes as well. Ugh i need to start showing up to shows later from now on since i'm tired of seeing shitty openers. Soilwork didn't end until almost midnight.

Morbid Angel will be playing here on March 8th, so I tried to find possible setlists, considering their latest gigs.

This is probably what's coming - Song / Album:

1 - Rapture / Covenant
2 - Pain Divine / Covenant
3 - Maze of Torment / Altars
4 - Sworn to the Black / Covenant
5 - Nevermore / New song
6 - Lord of all Fevers and Plagues / Altars
7 - Fall from Grace / Blessed
8 - Chapel of Ghouls / Altars
9 - Dawn of the Angry / Domination
10 - Where the Slime Live / Domination
11 - Blood on my Hands / Covenant
12 - Bil Ur Sag / Formulas
13 - God of Emptiness / Covenant
14 - World of Shit (Promised Land) / Covenant

Well, it's a kickass setlist IMHO. Lots of old shit, nothing from the latest albums, only 1 song off Formulas. Hope they do play this setlist or something close to it. :kickass:

:kickass:i hope they play these next Saturday.

I want to see Soilwork so bad, they are coming to AZ in a couple weeks, but between the cost of gas/hotel to go + don't really care for the opening acts that much + don't really know anyone else into even Soilwork much less the other bands, doubt it is going to happen.

nope, no suzuki.

man, what a killer fucking show. benton is hilarious. he's a total dick to everyone, but its funny. he shot me with a nerf gun. then tried to hit me when he was doing vocals with vital remains (one song, dechristianize).

oh, and we're fairly sure jack owen is a zombie...

more details in the official review
~gR~

hm...when I saw them the dude they had totally fucking nailed all the sweeping bits.
Benton doing Dechristianize sounds awesome, though. The guy they had when I saw them was really good, but not Benton.

I want to see Soilwork so bad, they are coming to AZ in a couple weeks, but between the cost of gas/hotel to go + don't really care for the opening acts that much + don't really know anyone else into even Soilwork much less the other bands, doubt it is going to happen.
i'd go anyway, your bound to meet someone there to watch the show with.

Saw Dillinger Escape Plan for the third time last night in a small club in Melbourne, they were fucking mindblowing as per usual. Their new drummer is up there with Chris Pennie in the skills department, really impressive. Glad they got rid of Gil Sharone, he didn't really seem to 'fit'

Every Time I Die supported, God they sucked. The 'vocalist' should be strangled until such time that he is dead.

This is going to be fucking amazing!

newmexicoflyer1.jpg

Probably going to see Despised Icon/Neuraxis/Plasmarifle/Beneath the Massacre. Should be good and/or funny because I heard BTM is horrible live.

Yeah... they're not very good. They headlined when I went to see See You Next Tuesday last year, and they were probably the most boring band there... and Born of Osiris was there, so that says a lot.

However, Despised Icon is fucking great in concert, so it'll be worth it.

Goin to blackened tour. mostly to see mayhem and marduk, the rest of the bands are meh or shite.

However, Despised Icon is fucking great in concert, so it'll be worth it.

No they are not.
When I saw them they had some severe issues that resulted in band members starting different songs, a 5 minute stretch of them standing around while tech guys tried to fix things, and then a really listless performance.

tonight:
all shall perish
abigail williams

there will be a review and an ALP interview posted after the show
~gR~