The concerts thread

Carcass in a week and 4 days:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Tbh, I'm more excited about seeing Suffocation, though.
And equally excited about seeing Samael.
I'm pretty disappointed by all of the openers except for Suffo. I saw Samael open up for Amorphis and they used generic sounding synthesizers and pretty much sucked it up on stage.

I can't wait to see Carcass for the first time since i've been listening to them since Wake Up came out in 96'. Have you seen any setlists posted yet?

I'm pretty disappointed by all of the openers except for Suffo. I saw Samael open up for Amorphis and they used generic sounding synthesizers and pretty much sucked it up on stage.

I can't wait to see Carcass for the first time since i've been listening to them since Wake Up came out in 96'. Have you seen any setlists posted yet?

That's disappointing, I was really looking forward to seeing Samael. I bought Reign of light off Zeph a bit ago, and it's one of my favorite albums that I've heard recently. I'm sure I'll still enjoy them. As far as the other opening acts are concerned, I still highly enjoy good Deathcore, so I'm satisfied with them.

No, no setlists that I've seen. I've yet to get really deep in to Carcass, just because I don't have a lot of friends who listen to them, so I haven't had the chance to. Though, I've loved everything I've heard by them, so I'm excited to see them and finally buy an album or two while I'm there.

Florida's biggest death metal bands to join up and tour:

OBITUARY guitarist Trevor Peres has told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine that a Floridian death metal package tour is currently being planned for the U.S. later in the year before possibly going global.

"We've been talking about putting a death metal package together with OBITUARY, MORBID ANGEL, DEICIDE and SIX FEET UNDER," Peres revealed.

These are the ones off the top of my head...there are so many more but I need to go through my ticket box...

Iron Maiden (6)
- 2 x with Anthrax
- 2 x with Arch Enemy
- 1 x with Bullet For My Valentine
- 1 x with Lauren Harris
Rush (6 times)
Obituary w/ Unleashed
Styx, Foreigner, Def Leppard (2 times)
Def Leppard & Journey
Queensryche w/ Don Dokken (Won tickets @ Exodus)
Judas Priest w/ Queensryche
Testament, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Heaven & Hell (Metal Masters Tour)
Exodus
Joey Belladonna
Steppenwolf
Lamb of God
Metallica w/ Lamb of God
Steve Miller Band & Joe Cocker
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers & Steve Winwood
Overkill
Iced Earth
At The Gates w/ Municipal Waste & Toxic Holocaust
Suffocation, Carcass, 1349 (Exhumed to Consume tour)
Depeche Mode
Pearl Jam
Gigantour w/ Megadeth, Nevermore, Dream Theater and Symphony X
Necrophagist (2 times)
- 1 x with Decapitated & Cattle Decapitation & Arsis (Summer Slaughter Tour)06/20/2007
- 1 x with Dying Fetus
Morbid Angel, Krisiun & Behemoth
Edguy W/ Kamelot
Helloween & Gamma Ray
Foreigner
Eric Clapton
Horna
Deep Purple, Joe Satriani, & Thin Lizzy

UPCOMING:

Maryland Deathfest coming up...50+ bands
Obituary in September
Destruction and HMP in a few weeks
Insanity in April!!
Kreator in April
Napalm Death in May
Slayer/Cannibal Corpse and shit in July
Mayhem/Marduk in June
Absu in June

Man, I totally forgot about Swallow the Sun and Darkane last night. Oh well...

Alestorm and Tyr on Teusday. And for those of you in CO, my band is playing Saturday

And look at that, I used CAPITALIZATION!
~gR~

I saw Carcass and Samael in Philly last night. Awesome show. I hadn't seen Samael since they toured for Eternal so it was good to catch them again, especially because they sounded great. Carcass were wonderful as well. They played for about an hour. I was a little bummed out that Samael only played 7 songs, but they did "Into The Pentagram" so that was pretty cool.

Also, Suicide Silence is one of the gayest bands on the face of the planet.

Here are a couple of cruddy videos from the show last night:

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably will. Their set list didn't seem much different than it was on the last tour but there was a bit less in between song banter from Mr. Jeff Walker...and no Ken Owen. :( Don't be discouraged! They still put on a great show.