The concerts thread

I saw Death Angel and Armored Saint last night, was pretty damn awesome. John Bush was sick so Jeff Duncan and Joey Vera did vocals for Armored Saint, which was a bit of a shame, but they did an admirable job. Death Angel were great. As it was the last show of the tour, at the end of Death Angel's set, both bands got up and did Let There Be Rock by AC/DC, which was pretty cool. Good night overall.

Veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers TESTAMENT will embark on a North American headlining tour in May/June. Support on the trek will come from UNEARTH and LAZARUS A.D.

TESTAMENT singer Chuck Billy commented: "It was really exciting last summer touring with JUDAS PRIEST, HEAVEN AND HELL, and MOTÖRHEAD, playing in front of all the old-school as well as new-school metalheads. Now we look forward to CRUSHING on our first headline tour on the Damnation Vacation U.S. run. Heavy metal forever!!!"

The dates are as follows:

May 02 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
May 03 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
May 04 - Vancouver, BC - Commodore
May 06 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Ballroom
May 07 - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Events Centre
May 09 - Winnipeg, MB - The Garrick Centre
May 10 - Maplewood, MN - The Rock
May 12 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Theater
May 13 - Sauget, IL - Pop's
May 15 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
May 16 - Detroit, MI - Harpos
May 17 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
May 18 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
May 20 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy
May 21 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
May 22 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
May 23 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theater
May 24 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
May 26 - Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live
May 27 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
May 28 - Norfolk, VA - Norva
May 29 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theater
May 30 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
May 31 - New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
Jun. 02 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Jun. 03 - San Antonio - Scout Bar
Jun. 04 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theater
Jun. 06 - Kansas City, MO - The Beaumont
Jun. 07 - Denver, CO - Cervantes
Jun. 09 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
Jun. 10 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
Jun. 11 - Los Angeles, CA - House of Blues
Jun. 12 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore

JUDAS PRIEST has announced the following U.S. dates:

Jul. 01 - The Family Arena - St. Charles, MO
Jul. 02 - Summerfest, Harley Davidson Stage - Milwaukee, WI
Jul. 03 - Taste Of Minnesota at Harriet Island - St. Paul, MN
Jul. 09 - Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto, ON
Jul. 11 - PNC Banks Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ
Jul. 12 - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater - Wantagh, NY
Jul. 17 - Moondance Jam 18 - Walker, MN
Jul. 18 - Rockfest/Chippewa Valley Music - Cadott, WI
Aug. 02 - Gibson Amphitheatre - Universal City, CA

I'm there.

FYI: This is NOT the "Nostradamus Tour".

Veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers TESTAMENT will embark on a North American headlining tour in May/June. Support on the trek will come from UNEARTH and LAZARUS A.D.

TESTAMENT singer Chuck Billy commented: "It was really exciting last summer touring with JUDAS PRIEST, HEAVEN AND HELL, and MOTÖRHEAD, playing in front of all the old-school as well as new-school metalheads. Now we look forward to CRUSHING on our first headline tour on the Damnation Vacation U.S. run. Heavy metal forever!!!"

The dates are as follows:

May 02 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
May 03 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
May 04 - Vancouver, BC - Commodore
May 06 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Ballroom
May 07 - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Events Centre
May 09 - Winnipeg, MB - The Garrick Centre
May 10 - Maplewood, MN - The Rock
May 12 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Theater
May 13 - Sauget, IL - Pop's
May 15 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
May 16 - Detroit, MI - Harpos
May 17 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
May 18 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
May 20 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy
May 21 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
May 22 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
May 23 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theater
May 24 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
May 26 - Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live
May 27 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
May 28 - Norfolk, VA - Norva
May 29 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theater
May 30 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
May 31 - New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
Jun. 02 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Jun. 03 - San Antonio - Scout Bar
Jun. 04 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theater
Jun. 06 - Kansas City, MO - The Beaumont
Jun. 07 - Denver, CO - Cervantes
Jun. 09 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
Jun. 10 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
Jun. 11 - Los Angeles, CA - House of Blues
Jun. 12 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore

I'm going to this.

They were great at the Metal Masters show, but played only about 5 songs. Would love to see them for a whole show.

Summer Slaughter Oz last night in Perth. Highlight of the night was Necrophagist, can't believe how tight they were on stage. Lowlight probably has to be Aborted, too many chuggy chuggy riffs which made the hipster crowd start doing their stupid circle of death shit.

So the Carcass show was badass, they exceeded my expectations. Amott and Steer are both gods and Amott should quit Arch Enemy and convince Carcass to stay together to write new music and keep touring. They sounded extremely tight and the setlist was pretty much what i hoped for. (don't ask me to post it cause i was wayy to drunk to remember :p )

The opening bands Suicide Silence and Black Dahlia Murder both sucked ass. I caught the last 3 songs of SS and unfortunately the whole set of BDM. I now hate both of these bands even more after seeing them live thank you very much.

http://www.last.fm/event/963927

Hey so it looks so far so good with the NWN fest in Germany. I've contacted 3 friends of mine and it looks like we're gonna have a big party there and some of us will attend to the festival. The concept is that I'll have a birthday eleventh of eleventh and this bitch is 34 sometime in November too so there's gonna be a big party there in Berlin. If anyone from this board wants to go than we can meet there and drink to death. NUCLEAR WAR NAO PLZ.

upcoming shows i plan on going to:

3/24 Destruction/Krisiun - Key Club Hollywood

5/2 Kreator/Exodus Belphegor - House of Blues Sunset Strip Hollywood

5/16 Opeth/Enslaved - Avalon Hollywood

Saw Gojira at the Underworld in London last night with Pilgrimz and Eyes of a traitor. Both supports were awful but fuck me did Gojira make up for it. Underworld is a really small venue which was fantastic and I think its got to be the tightest live performance I've seen... The Duplantier brothers are clearly inhuman and metal gods that should be worshipped. Possibly the best live band I've seen.

Metallica - Death Magnetic Tour:

Sep. 14 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center
Sep. 15 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
Sep. 17 - Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
Sep. 19 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Sep. 28 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Sep. 29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Oct. 01 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
Oct. 03 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
Oct. 04 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
Oct. 12 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Oct. 13 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Oct. 15 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 17 - Charlottesville, VA - JPJ Arena
Oct. 18 - Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Oct. 26 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Oct. 29 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
Oct. 31 - Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi
Nov. 09 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
Nov. 10 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
Nov. 12 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
Nov. 14 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Dec. 05 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay
Dec. 07 - Boise, ID - Idaho Center
Dec. 08 - Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
Dec. 10 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
Dec. 12 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion

Seen Death In Blood, Cancerous Womb, Dog Tired, Man Of The Hour couple days ago first two bands were pretty shit but Dog Tired stole the show, much better than the other bands there and outshined the headliners.

Seen Lamb Of God with Dimmu Borgir, Unearth and Five Finger Death Punch a couple of weeks ago, LOG were good but Dimmu were awesomererer. Others were...meh. Unearth were actually not bad.

Metallica, Machine Head, The Sword on thursday.

Saw Gojira at the Underworld in London last night with Pilgrimz and Eyes of a traitor. Both supports were awful but fuck me did Gojira make up for it. Underworld is a really small venue which was fantastic and I think its got to be the tightest live performance I've seen... The Duplantier brothers are clearly inhuman and metal gods that should be worshipped. Possibly the best live band I've seen.

DID YOU SEE ME? O_O_O_O

I WAS WEARING BLACK AND HAVE LONG HAIR.

Even though the drinks are stupid expensive and sometimes the sound is kinda bad I love the Underworld. I have no idea how many times I've been there.

Gojira is coming here in May, not missing out on this one.

Saw Carcass, Suicide Silence, Suffocation, Whitechapel, and Samael on Saturday.
Samael was pretty good despite nothing from Reign of Light getting in to the setlist, which is disappointing, but understandable due to the other bands present.
Whitechapel was really heavy, they have to be one of the top deathcore acts out there. They do a great job of not blending in with the scene, and their music is just heavy, simple as that.
Suicide Silence was... well they were Suicide Silence. Lots of energy from the band, minimal from the crowd... they just didn't belong at this metalfest at all. Imo, they're ok... very average deathcore with a few shining moments, but overall they're just average. I don't understand how they get more attention than much better deathcore acts such as Despised Icon, Animosity, and the aforementioned Whitechapel. Throw on the fact that this was like the 5th time I have seen them because they seem to tag along with every god damn tour, I could have missed this and still have a solid quality of life.
Carcass was ok. I do really enjoy Carcass, but I mostly like the nasty grind stuff from the earlier days over Heartwork era stuff, which is mostly what was played. They were fun, and a solid 7, but nothing that great.

Anyways... that takes me to one of the top 5 concerts I have ever seen.
Suffocation was absolutely fucking brutal. I can't even describe how good they were. The best part about it was the energy they had in the crowd, the pits were chaotic and destructive, people were jumping in to crowd surfs everywhere, random pits were busting out in the middle of the crowd, it was just awesome chaos. Definitely up there with Napalm Death and Dying Fetus as the best bands I've seen live.

tbh that description sounds awful, as a dedicated barrier hog I detest pits and crowd surfing, Why can't everyone just crowd around and headbang?

I really want to see Suffocation, though.

Pumped for Kreator being relatively soon. Need to get tickets.