The concerts thread

So Anvil is supposed to be opening for the Priest/Whitesnake tour. Good band but this certainly doesn't make up for the horror of witnessing Whitesnake in action, or Priest's disappointing set list.

Iron Maiden April 2 Ft. Lauderdale...

Great show, excellent production, I'm glad they won't be playing their old stuff in a very long time, time to move on, new record by fall 2010 and a US tour in 2011:headbang:

Saw Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, and God Forbid last night (No Fear tour).
Upsides were the seats we got were 1 row from the pit,downsides was As I Lay Dying couldn't make that show so they got replaced by Suicidal Tendencies (possibly the worst band ever).

God Forbid definitely needs to not play Earthsblood live. Some idiot several rows behind us kept yelling "lynch the my pals" and other racist shit in between their songs.

CoB and Lamb of God more than made up for any downsides by playing to perfection.

I'll be going to that show when it hits Dallas later this month. LoG is always great live. Enough to where I can possibly force myself to sit down for an hour straight of Children of Bodom.
As unpopular as it is to do, I also like AILD, and they put on a quality show.
*Prepares for approximately 462 "As I Lay Dying is terrible" responses*

I'll be going to that show when it hits Dallas later this month. LoG is always great live. Enough to where I can possibly force myself to sit down for an hour straight of Children of Bodom.
As unpopular as it is to do, I also like AILD, and they put on a quality show.
*Prepares for approximately 462 "As I Lay Dying is terrible" responses*

I think Bodom was only a half hour. Suicidal Tendencies had more stage time than Bodom, which means AILD should get plenty of stage time since they should be back for when it gets to Dallas.

:mad:

Edit: Btw, thought it was pretty funny, there was this pretty hot chick in the row in front of me that was basically "go-go" dancing to LoG :lol:

I don't even go to shows anymore because majority of people are just dicks and don't even like people to begin with so the last place I want to be is around smelly dicks. Opening bands suck and bands generally sound like bass guitar.

everyone wears the same T-Shirts and it's like a halloween party.

This is by far one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. :lol:

Saw Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, and God Forbid last night (No Fear tour).
Upsides were the seats we got were 1 row from the pit,downsides was As I Lay Dying couldn't make that show so they got replaced by Suicidal Tendencies (possibly the worst band ever).

God Forbid definitely needs to not play Earthsblood live. Some idiot several rows behind us kept yelling "lynch the my pals" and other racist shit in between their songs.

CoB and Lamb of God more than made up for any downsides by playing to perfection.

How can you think ST is the worst band ever? That's just borderline ridiculous. I'm going to the show tomorrow and hopefully it'll be good, I'm going for municipal waste, children of bodom and lamb of god so hopefully i'll be impressed and won't have to sit through too much shitty god forbid.

How can you think ST is the worst band ever? That's just borderline ridiculous. I'm going to the show tomorrow and hopefully it'll be good, I'm going for municipal waste, children of bodom and lamb of god so hopefully i'll be impressed and won't have to sit through too much shitty god forbid.

An exaggeration, but they were horrible. I didn't even bother listening to MW either, was hitting concessions etc during their set. (Which were a ripoff, 22oz beer for TEN DOLLARS WTF)

LoG's setlist was practically perfect.

I can't remember the entire list exactly in order but it went something like

The Passing
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me in Hell
Contractor
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Broken Hands
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Now You've got Something To Die For
Vigil
Laid to Rest
Redneck
Omerta
Reclamation

That's not in order after the first 4 but its close, and I might have forgotten a song or two but they definitely played all those.

I saw the same tour tonight, ST were really weak on this show yes. They ranted way too long and just felt like they were dragging on which was a shame. You really missed out on Municipal waste though, they stole the show. 3 huge circle pits, combined into one, insane crowd. I thought LOG were actually pretty weak, they played way too much stuff from the new album and the sound was pretty subpar. I expected better.

An exaggeration, but they were horrible. I didn't even bother listening to MW either, was hitting concessions etc during their set. (Which were a ripoff, 22oz beer for TEN DOLLARS WTF)

LoG's setlist was practically perfect.

I can't remember the entire list exactly in order but it went something like

The Passing
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me in Hell
Contractor
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Broken Hands
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Now You've got Something To Die For
Vigil
Laid to Rest
Redneck
Omerta
Reclamation

That's not in order after the first 4 but its close, and I might have forgotten a song or two but they definitely played all those.

No Hourglass :mad: