The concerts thread

Morbid Angel in a couple days. Combined with my own 21st celebration on the same day, I don't expect to make it back to UM in one piece.

I saw them last night, pretty good show. David Vincent wasn't as much of a tool as I thought he'd be, some of his banter was genuinely amusing. And no gay latex pentagram shirt, thankfully. They played five tracks off Altars, Maze Of Torment was fucking devastating! The tracks off Covenant, Formulas etc, I didn't really care about.

Anyone in Southern California going to the glorious event known as Summer Slaughter 2009?

Headliner:

* Necrophagist

Support Bands:

* Decapitated
* Cephalic Carnage
* Cattle Decapitation
* The Faceless
* As Blood Runs Black
* Arsis
* Ion Dissonance
* Beneath The Massacre
* Daath

With the exception of the deathcore bands on the list, I am totally psyched! Can't wait to see Decapitated in particular (hate myself for not seeing them back when they had Vitek R.I.P.)

Anyone in Southern California going to the glorious event known as Summer Slaughter 2009?

Headliner:

* Necrophagist

Support Bands:

* Decapitated
* Cephalic Carnage
* Cattle Decapitation
* The Faceless
* As Blood Runs Black
* Arsis
* Ion Dissonance
* Beneath The Massacre
* Daath

With the exception of the deathcore bands on the list, I am totally psyched! Can't wait to see Decapitated in particular (hate myself for not seeing them back when they had Vitek R.I.P.)

... This isn't summer slaughter 2009, I think you got one of the previous years.

Headliner:

* Necrophagist

Support Bands:

* Decapitated
* Cephalic Carnage
* Cattle Decapitation
* The Faceless
* As Blood Runs Black
* Arsis
* Ion Dissonance
* Beneath The Massacre
* Daath (June 3-10)

this the one for 2009:

Co-Headliners:

* Necrophagist
* Suffocation

Support Bands:

* Ensiferum (Second Half)
* Darkest Hour
* Winds Of Plague
* Dying Fetus
* Born Of Osiris
* Origin
* Beneath The Massacre (First Half)
* After the Burial
* Decrepit Birth (First Half)
* Blackguard (Second Half)

I am going to it, the show in LV (hopefully it doesn't sell out before I move there :/)

Wow, that is one really, really mixed bag. I mean, Decrepit Birth, Suffocation, Dying Fetus, and Origin sounds good to me, but...Ensiferum? Winds of Plague? Not sure that's worth it...

I am trying to get some friends together to see the Phoenix date, but trying to get everyone to get their special liberty put in (Marine thing) and buying the tickets and arranging lodging is turning out to be a chore.

Holy shit that was fucking amazing...If ever you guys get a chance to see Quo Vadis, fucking do it, they absolutely kicked my ass.

... This isn't summer slaughter 2009, I think you got one of the previous years.

Headliner:

* Necrophagist

Support Bands:

* Decapitated
* Cephalic Carnage
* Cattle Decapitation
* The Faceless
* As Blood Runs Black
* Arsis
* Ion Dissonance
* Beneath The Massacre
* Daath (June 3-10)

this the one for 2009:

Co-Headliners:

* Necrophagist
* Suffocation

Support Bands:

* Ensiferum (Second Half)
* Darkest Hour
* Winds Of Plague
* Dying Fetus
* Born Of Osiris
* Origin
* Beneath The Massacre (First Half)
* After the Burial
* Decrepit Birth (First Half)
* Blackguard (Second Half)

I am going to it, the show in LV (hopefully it doesn't sell out before I move there :/)

Haha I'm going to be moving there too, I doubt it'll sell out though.

absu tomorrow. thats gonna be some good shit. looking forward to sothis also, but RUMPLESTILTSKIN GRINDER? c'mon, i just heard them and they are a fucking joke. they shouldn't be on the same bill. its like cattle decapitation on the same bill as mayhem, its an insult.

borntoolatemerged.jpg

YES