The concerts thread

Latest and greatest concert I've been to was Iron Maiden:

Somwhere Back In Time World Tour: Bruce's Daughters band (can't remember thier name)/Behind Crimson Eyes/ Iron Maiden.

First band was pretty boring, BCE were shit (had a good drummer, though) ruined a few semi-decent songs with annoying choruses, tried to cover Ace of Spades; failed. Iron Maiden were fucking Legendary (I've already ranted about that once today).

I've also been to:

The Black Crusade: Arch Enemy/Trivium/Machine Head.
Arch Enemy were ridiculously awesome, Trivium sucked but it was funny watching Matt Heafy pull stupid faces while attempting to sing. I had to leave early into Machine Head's set (Stupid fuckin' mates, and stupid me for not knowing how to get home without them)! They seemed to be playing pretty well, though. Apart from the fact Rob Flynn couldn't sing right, after screaming.

Wednesday 13: Minus Life/Wednesday 13.
Hadn't heard Minus life before and they were pretty damn good. Wednesay 13 played a fuckload better than any of the recent clips I've seen on youtube (doing an accoustic version of Curse of Me... wtf)!?

Parkway Drive: Band that sounded exaxtly like Parkway Drive/Band that sounded exaxtly like Parkway Drive/Band that sounded exaxtly like Parkway Drive/Parkway Drive.

Was two days before the Wednesday 13 concert and my mate, who's house I was stayin' at, was going, it was cheap and I hadn't heard any of the bands so I figured I'd go too. Couldn't understand a word of what any of the bands were saying but the guitars were good to mosh to. Nobody other than me and two of my mates we're moshing for the first three bands, then the pit went off for Parkway Drive, fucking crowd of pussies.

I've been to way too many concerts to even think about listing them all out....

Last show: Darkest Hour/Cephalic Carnage last night

Next show: Exodus/Goatwhore/Arsis on Fri.

Probably going to go see Meshuggah play with Ministry in April. I don't care for Ministry but I've been wanting to see Meshuggah for a while.

Since a road trip to Montreal seems very unlikely, I think I'll bite the bullet and see Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth and Keep of Kalessin when they play Day 2 of the New England Metal Fest in Worcester. I've sat through all the crap before and was duly rewarded, and this time I'll have a small group of friends to hang with, whereas last year I went alone. I've got a friend or two up here going and at least two more down in Mass.

LAST SHOW: Taint, Desecration, Shaped By Fate & Art Of Burning Water

NEXT SHOW: Children Of Bodom, Moonsorrow & Kiuas