The concerts thread

Dark Fortress, Helheim, Vulture Industries

Rotten Sound, The Ocean, Victims, Trap Them

Dismember, Devilish Impressions, Methedras

Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Eluveitie, Tyr

Opeth, Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, 3 Inches of Blood

Vader, Septic Flesh, Devian, Innactive Messiah

Skyforger, Fen, Algaion, Worms of Sabnock, For Ruin, Necro Ritual, Wodensthrone, Matron, Eastern Front

Hate Eternal, Cephalic Carnage, Man Must Die, Skeletonwitch, Walking Corpse

Cryptopsy, Decrepit Birth, Unmerciful

My Bloody Valentine

In next few months or smt.

Serious?

Perth too I hope!

Auckland: The Transmission Room; Saturday 17th May 2008
Melbourne: Billboard The Venue; Tuesday 20th May 2008
Sydney: The Metro Theatre; Thursday 22nd May 2008 (All ages)
Brisbane: The Arena; Friday 23rd May 2008
Adelaide: Fowler's Live; Saturday 24th May 2008 (All ages)
Perth: The Amplifier Bar; Sunday 25th May 2008

:kickass:

Guess I know who I'll be seeing after Immortal.

Concerts I've seen:

Apocalyptica
Paradise Lost
Perimeter
Grenouer
UDO
Deferum Sacrum
Anathema
Cemetery Of Scream
Kreator
Amorphis

Next Friday I'm seeing (Wacken Road Show):

Tristania
Overkill
Enslaved
Samael
Devilish Impressions
- there were also supposed to be Nocturnal Mortum, but fucking germans said that they don't want to see a NS band there and kicked them out.

Since a road trip to Montreal seems very unlikely, I think I'll bite the bullet and see Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth and Keep of Kalessin when they play Day 2 of the New England Metal Fest in Worcester. I've sat through all the crap before and was duly rewarded, and this time I'll have a small group of friends to hang with, whereas last year I went alone. I've got a friend or two up here going and at least two more down in Mass.
You should roadtrip to Toronto bro

Since a road trip to Montreal seems very unlikely, I think I'll bite the bullet and see Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth and Keep of Kalessin when they play Day 2 of the New England Metal Fest in Worcester. I've sat through all the crap before and was duly rewarded, and this time I'll have a small group of friends to hang with, whereas last year I went alone. I've got a friend or two up here going and at least two more down in Mass.

Yo, I'll be there. It's a solid venue. Little small, though.

5. People shouting ruin the audio quality of the song and sometimes there are no rules against it.

Oh man, this made me laugh so hard.

I saw Budgie last night. Shit support bands (duh) but Budgie were devastatingly heavy. It was weird going to a gig where at least 75% of the audience had to be over 50.

Funniest part of the night was when the first band was on, and the venue was virtually empty, there was this tiny little guy in his forties with a pony tail and a denim cut off with this really shit Kiss back patch right up at the front of the stage doing air drums and weak guitar windmills. It was hilarious watching him rock out to this really lame groove/BLS style band.

How so? Sure, it is a thrill to go to a concert but after it, what do you have to go on for songs except for memory? Buying the CD instead og paying money for a concert gives you that experience somewhat more permanently.

Or, here's a wacky idea, you could go to the concert and enjoy the memory of it every time you listen to the album. Crazy I know.

7. Sometimes you do not know what songs the band is going to play until after you attend the concert and paid money for it, meaning it is possible to pay for a concert and have the band do nothing but play the very songs you hate.

And therefore it is much safer to sit at home on the internet and dismiss the idea of going to a show because it might not live up to your ridiculously high expectations, and you might have to deal with *gasp* other people.

No, memory is a crappy thing to rely on, CDs are more permanent and if I am going to permanently lose money on something then I want something permanent in exchange.

Other people being around make the whole thing a waste of money. They essentially brind down the value of me paying for the whole thing. I will go to a concert if and only if someone else is paying for it.

Ok great. Have fun sitting in your loungeroom counting your pennies for the rest of your life.

Homely means ugly

:erk: So she wasn't paying me a compliment?

No, memory is a crappy thing to rely on, CDs are more permanent and if I am going to permanently lose money on something then I want something permanent in exchange.

You're a penis.

Are you sure the reason you're not going is because you have no friends?

"Wanna go to the cinema"
"No. I'm not wasting money on something I'll only remember by memory, and have to deal with other people. That sucks man. I want something permanent. I'll just wait for the DVD"