The concerts thread

It's fine for you, because you are mostly into death metal (as far as I can tell) and that's about all we get. But something all encompassing such as Wacken would be bitchin'.

Easy for you to say, with all your brutal death fests. But you have a valid point about the reflectivity. I guess it will always be a fantasy to have all the big European bands coming to America to play in one big festival.

Funniest part of the night was when the first band was on, and the venue was virtually empty, there was this tiny little guy in his forties with a pony tail and a denim cut off with this really shit Kiss back patch right up at the front of the stage doing air drums and weak guitar windmills. It was hilarious watching him rock out to this really lame groove/BLS style band.
:lol:I thought I was the only one who people watches at shows. Judas Priest/Queensryche had some of the best looking burnout dudes you'd ever want to see in your life.

There was also this old dude with the sweetest denim jacket you've ever seen. Completely covered in vintage patches of Motorhead, Saxon, Priest, Maiden, Scorpions etc, pretty much any 80's heavy metal band you could think of.

What was also interesting was that Sonic Youth was playing the same night at a venue not too far away from Budgie. It was really easy to pick out who was going where. Absolute polar opposites in terms of audience.

Last concerts I went to

Down in Albany second time and they put on a great show and were very loud tight and rocking for a small venue. I saw them prior in Montreal at the bell centre with Megadeth and Heaven In Hell which was one of the best shows. I actually do not care for Megadeth and enjoyed their set and they were tight.

Kill Hannah,Velvet Revolver,Alice In Chains, despite AiC having a different singer everything was still amazing and watching Jerry Cantrall play guitar is like nothing else and them and VR were loud as fuck.

I saw Opeth at Saratogo winners and they were loud and tight and are the only band who has pulled off decent sound at this place besides Morbid Angel.

The Devil Wears Prada,Chiodos and some other emo/core bands who I can't remember. I only went because a girl wanted me to go and the bands were pretty terrible.

I plan on seeing opeth at the Armory in albany NY May 18th.:) :headbang:

One of my favorite shows was when seeing Gorguts when around 15 years old at Saratoga Winners and have two of Steve MacDonald's drum sticks. I've seen Satyricon and shitloads of bands and can't remember majority of them.:lol:. I've seen way to many punk/hardcore bands and notice do not remember their band names because they are generally the worst and most annoying live bands.

There was also this old dude with the sweetest denim jacket you've ever seen. Completely covered in vintage patches of Motorhead, Saxon, Priest, Maiden, Scorpions etc, pretty much any 80's heavy metal band you could think of.

What was also interesting was that Sonic Youth was playing the same night at a venue not too far away from Budgie. It was really easy to pick out who was going where. Absolute polar opposites in terms of audience.
Yeah, me and a few friends were taking the train downtown a few years back to see Dimmu and we were the only metalheads on the whole train. The rest of the people on there were going to see the Rolling Stones. Had some interesting drunken conversations on the way home though.
Immortal in a little under two weeks for me cany fucking wait:kickass:
You lucky summamabitch.

Went to a concert tonight. Some metalcore bands, though I think one of them was a bit too heavy to be metalcore (Impending Doom). They were really good, but I find it funny how Christianity and slam dancing can ruin a perfectly good band. The lead singer had a pig squeal from the depths of hell, so that was good.
Unfortunately, for some reason, in the middle of their set they had this midget friend of theirs come on to the stage and talk about God loving us or something and their metal rating immediately dropped exponentially. Then at the end, after they had redeemed themselves with some damn good songs, they actually uttered the words "evolution doesn't exist." It filled me with the fiery passionate resentment of 1000 suns. This was stacked upon the endless slam dancers, which was another 1000 suns. That's like 2000 suns together. All in all, a 3 out of 10.

I've got Opeth in april, and I can't wait even if I have to sit through the support acts who I don't like.

Dunno who I'll see after that....maybe the London Deathfest in June (Cryptopsy, Decrepit Birth and others) or something and I'll deffo see Nile when they come to London in september

I've got Opeth in april, and I can't wait even if I have to sit through the support acts who I don't like.

Dunno who I'll see after that....maybe the London Deathfest in June (Cryptopsy, Decrepit Birth and others) or something and I'll deffo see Nile when they come to London in september

I'm going to Opeth but still... if you go to Opeth and sit through Arch Enemy/DevilDriver and then don't go to Deathfest. Gaay. ;p

:lol:Heavy metal parking lot is ace!

"What do you think of when you go to a heavymetal concert?...PAARRRTY!"
"Do you go to school?...HELL YEAH!"
"What would you say to Rob Halford right now?...I'd jump his bones!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be but I was arguing that there are more favorably alternatives to it. Whatever you normally do at concerts, do in the park or in the confines of your own home while having the desired songs playing.

EDIT:

Reason 8: Sometimes lines are too long.

Why would you pay to have the internet and a computer then come here and chat with mostly annoying people...?

Surely you could just do the same for free in real life and not bother anybody here. :p

"What do you think of when you go to a heavymetal concert?...PAARRRTY!"
"Do you go to school?...HELL YEAH!"
"What would you say to Rob Halford right now?...I'd jump his bones!!"

"Who are you here to see?"
"DOKKEN!............JUDAS PRIEST!"
:lol:

"What is that you're drinking?"
"Fuck, I don't know"

and my personal favorite...

"Where can we park?"
"Anywhere you want, man"

Also, if you got the DVD the Heavy Metal Basement feature is hilarious.

Just got back from seeing Averse Sefira, Belphegor, Immolation, and Rotting Christ.

- Averse Sefira's performance was good. Their set was way too short but they closed with 'Battle's Clarion' which was :headbang::kickass:

- Belphegor is not my cup of tea. Their music was boring but they performed it extremely well.

- Immolation was amazing but they didn't play enough old shit. They did play 'Internal Decadence' which was :kickass: times 1000.

- Rotting Christ's performance was decent before they started playing System of a Down cover songs. I only stayed for 4 songs. At least they played one off Triarchy of the Lost Lovers which was kind of cool.