The concerts thread

Porcupine Tree were amazing as usual and no offense PNaut but Kings X were quite possibly the worst band i've seen live. I couldn't wait for them to end, the singer kept belting really annnoying high pitched screams for no reason then proceeded to do a spoken word segment which was painful. Nothing bugs me more then sitting through bad opening bands.

Haha none taken. I wanted to see them more for nostalgic reasons. If I first heard them right now, I probably wouldn't like them either.

2whniwg.jpg

I wish I could go to this so much :(

Satyricon last night here in Alb., NM. It was a great show, they played a lot of stuff from their newer albums(of course) and also a track or two off Nemesis Divina, they ended the show with Mother North though which was awesome. The next up for me is the new Heathen Fest with Tyr, Eluveitie, Alestorm, Belphegor as well I believe and one other, then Moonspell and Samael and then Marduk and Nachtmystium!

Just got back from Om
Al Cisneros is fucking ... Oh MANNNNN

They played Rays of the Sun / To the Shrinebuilder annnndd Cremation Ghat and andn some others which names escape me but but but but

they closed with At Giza and OH GOD
IT WAS GOOD

Got my God Is Good LP, God is Good CD, and Om t-shirt (a fucking white metal band shirt, FUCK YEAH.)

Just got back from Om
Al Cisneros is fucking ... Oh MANNNNN

They played Rays of the Sun / To the Shrinebuilder annnndd Cremation Ghat and andn some others which names escape me but but but but

they closed with At Giza and OH GOD
IT WAS GOOD

Got my God Is Good LP, God is Good CD, and Om t-shirt (a fucking white metal band shirt, FUCK YEAH.)

I might go to the New York show. Just out of curiosity, was it loud enough to warrant ear plugs? (I'm assuming doomy distorted bass riffs are loud as fuck live) Also, what percentage of the audience was high? :p

I might go to the New York show. Just out of curiosity, was it loud enough to warrant ear plugs? (I'm assuming doomy distorted bass riffs are loud as fuck live) Also, what percentage of the audience was high? :p

Nah, it wasn't that loud but it was loud enough to FEEL the vibrations. I don't know I smelled weed the second Om took the stage though.

Amusing thing I heard from a few other people there. They had gone to see Sunn live and I guess they were so loud they set off the earthquake detectors in that city.

That can't be true, if it is, they must've passed around like industrial strength earplugs beforehand. :lol:

I also might be seeing Saint Vitus (at the same place as Om) this coming Friday. Should be one hell of a doomy week if all goes well.

*crosses fingers/knocks on wood/spits on ground*

Finnish folk metallers KORPIKLAANI will embark on a North American headlining tour in January. Support on the trek will come from SWASHBUCKLE, TÝR and WHITE WIZZARD.

The dates are as follows:

Jan. 08 - Palladium - Worcester, Massachusetts
Jan. 09 - Club Soda - Montreal, Quebec
Jan. 10 - Opera House - Toronto, Ontario
Jan. 11 - Blondie's - Detroit, Michigan
Jan. 12 - Jaguar Club - Chicago, Illinois
Jan. 13 - Peabody's - Cleveland, Ohio
Jan. 14 - Gramercy Theater - New York, New York
Jan. 15 - The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, Pennsylvania
Jan. 16 - Jaxx - Springfield, Virginia
Jan. 17 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, North Carolina
Jan. 18 - Masquerade - Atlanta, Georgia