The concerts thread

Yep, Perth! Initially I had read that D666 would only be playing one show as part of Scream Fest in Sydney, but now it seems that most of the international bands involved with that will be touring Australia.

edit - upon further investigation, it seems that Perth is the only other show they are playing!!! They're not even going to Melbourne! :lol:

Possibly the first time EVER Perth gets something that I want and don't get, gig wise that is. -_-

Will be attending Screamfest (horrible name btw) and just drinking my way through anything that isn't Destroyer 666 or Destruction. On the plus side I do get a bonus Rotting Christ, but I'm not sure how much early stuff they play these days. Anything from Thy Mighty Contract will make my night pretty much.

Possibly the first time EVER Perth gets something that I want and don't get, gig wise that is. -_-

Will be attending Screamfest (horrible name btw) and just drinking my way through anything that isn't Destroyer 666 or Destruction. On the plus side I do get a bonus Rotting Christ, but I'm not sure how much early stuff they play these days. Anything from Thy Mighty Contract will make my night pretty much.

They'll play their hits. Under the Name of Legion, King of a Stellar War, Athanati Este, etc.

So the Alice in Chains show kicked major amounts of ass. It was great to see Cantrell live for the first time and the new singer is exceptional.

anyway heres the setlist: (i was hoping for Rotten Apple, didn't hear it)
Rain When I Die
Again
Check My Brain
Them Bones
Dam That River
A Looking In View
We Die Young
Nutshell
Love, Hate Love
God Am
Acid Bubble
Angry Chair
Man in the Box
Would?
Encore:
Junkhead
No Excuses
Rooster

Not metal, but I might be seeing Porcupine Tree (openers: King's X) at Terminal 5 this Thursday. Hate the venue, but should be a good concert. Does anyone know their playlists for the tour? Will they play The Incident? That would be awesome.

So the Alice in Chains show kicked major amounts of ass. It was great to see Cantrell live for the first time and the new singer is exceptional.

anyway heres the setlist: (i was hoping for Rotten Apple, didn't hear it)
Rain When I Die
Again
Check My Brain
Them Bones
Dam That River
A Looking In View
We Die Young
Nutshell
Love, Hate Love
God Am
Acid Bubble
Angry Chair
Man in the Box
Would?
Encore:
Junkhead
No Excuses
Rooster

Very nice. "We Die Young" and "Nutshell" are probably my favorites.

Not metal, but I might be seeing Porcupine Tree (openers: King's X) at Terminal 5 this Thursday. Hate the venue, but should be a good concert. Does anyone know their playlists for the tour? Will they play The Incident? That would be awesome.
Very good chance they will play The Incident because they are touring off of it and it's one song. Last time i saw them they played Fear of A Blank Planet in full. I'm going to see them tomorrow actually:headbang:

Just got back from PT. They did disc 1 all the way through then did other stuff the second half. Steven mentioned coming back through early next year on the second leg and doing different material. I like it when they dig deep into the catalog.

Sound-wise, they were perfect, as to be expected.

I've been a fan of King's X since '86 so I was pumped to see them live. They did a short set but it was pretty good. I would have liked to hear some of the songs driven more by vocal harmonies. Ty Tabor does a fucking killer solo and Doug's voice is still quite intact.

I've been thinking of seeing that tour; it's at a venue near my house so it's not a big hassle. I'm not really familiar with either group, but I've heard enough of both to suspect that it would be an excellent concert.

Marilyn Manson in London ON,

Disappointing actually.
He lost his touch... live anyways..

He never had a touch...

---

Damn, if they're gonna play the entire Incident, then I need to get my ass there even more, its slowly becoming my favorite PT album. As for King's X, as long as they play Dogman, I'm happy, my cousins and I used to think the lyrics were hilarious.

PS: I think the Meshuggah worship riff in Circle Of Manias is just adorable... :lol:

Richmond, Virginia crossover act MUNICIPAL WASTE will embark on the "Waste The World Tour 2009" in November. Providing direct support on the trek will be GOATWHORE from November 6 to November 16; THE ACCUSED from November 18 to December 3; and BRUTAL TRUTH from December 4 to December 11. Appearing on all shows will be PHOBIA and CAULDRON.

11/06 - Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11 Tavern
11/07 - Atlanta, GA @ Drunken Unicorn
11/08 - Orlando, FL @ Backbooth
11/09 - Tampa, FL @ State Theater
11/11 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
11/12 - Austin, TX @ Red 7
11/13 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Conservatory
11/14 - Denton, TX @ Rubber Gloves
11/16 - Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse
11/18 - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
11/19 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
11/20 - Anaheim, CA @ Chian Reaction
11/21 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
11/23 - Portland, OR @ Satyricon
11/24 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
11/25 - Bellingham, WA @ Wild Buffalo House of Music
11/27 - Edmonton, AB @ The Starlite Room
11/28 - Calgary, AB @ The Warehouse
11/29 - Winnipeg, MB @ Pyramid Cabaret
12/01 - Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
12/02 - Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
12/04 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
12/05 - Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop
12/06 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
12/07 - Montreal, QC @ Foufounes
12/08 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium (Upstairs)
12/09 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
12/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church

Already got my ticket for the Atlanta show. :)

Porcupine Tree were amazing as usual and no offense PNaut but Kings X were quite possibly the worst band i've seen live. I couldn't wait for them to end, the singer kept belting really annnoying high pitched screams for no reason then proceeded to do a spoken word segment which was painful. Nothing bugs me more then sitting through bad opening bands.